1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

I'm all for diecast IM figures, I own one and have two more on the way but holy cow these prices are killing it for me. I don't buy a ton of IM armors but I really liked the looks of the Mark 45 from the start. Now they go and make it diecast, therefore bumping the price up $70-$80 and making it very unlikely that I will now be picking this figure up. $370 for a 1/6 figure is something as a collector I cannot deal with. Just a thought but does anyone think it is ever likely that Hot Toys will give us the option of getting either diecast or plastic versions of the same figure? I feel its almost impossible considering the poor sales diecast have already experienced

I can't see them ever doing dual releases in DC/plastic. Seems like a manufacturing, marketing and inventory hassle. Maybe like Motux says they will make back their investment after another 5 or 10 releases and then scrap the DC line or only do it once in a blue moon for the odd release. Aside from Iron Patriot and War Machine II, RoboCop was also DC and appears to have sold very poorly, so maybe they will ditch it in the future.

Oh man this looks great. Must resist. I'll have to be happy with my Mark 42. The shoulder pads look way better on this figure compared to the 42 & 43.
Seems like HT is really pushing these out fast. I wonder what the next suit will look like.

Not buying it. The price for the 43 was too much for me. This just keeps getting nuts.

Will be have to be happy with die cast mark 42, 43, and 7. Can't justify 1500.00 for 4 figures. Or even 1100 for the 3 I already bought.

Loooorrrddd this is better than the 43 for me. Oh god i need it.

I think the best thing would be to the say the price is to high for me - which on this item it is. However that does not mean others will think the same as they will like the figure and the price is what they are willing to pay. I have spent what some (or maybe most) would think are ridiculous prices on Harrison Ford signed items but to me I don't even bat an eye at the price as it is what I truly want. We all have our own tastes which is what makes collecting, in general, so much fun.

Good point. It truly is individual at this point regarding how folks feel about what they feel they are willing to continue to pay for the figures they want.

**** off, this is where I draw the linewith the nRd, you want clients to fork over money for something over a year away?.. I can't think of any other purchase that does that

Great figure though

**** off, this is where I draw the linewith the nRd, you want clients to fork over money for something over a year away?.. I can't think of any other purchase that does that

Great figure though
:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

Okay okay I'm officially done preordering anything that isn't an exclusive. I will get this but will wait until double rewards or some other discount on Sideshow pops up,just like the Mk42. No way this will sell out anytime soon and no way I'm paying $350 again for an Ironman figure. Kiss my grits.

I was with you up until the part about the Mark 42. I don't think it ever got any sort of discount on Sideshow (I waited) before selling out; maybe free shipping, but I think that was the extent of it (on top of the usual $20 monthly coupon). Still, this figure's not going to sell out on preorders; I think that's a pretty safe bet.

If you had to choose between this and the diecast Mark III, which one would you choose?

"Is it too much to ask for both?" The 45 looks better (and may end up being the better figure), but the Mark 3 just invokes more memories for me than the 45 (which blended into the scenery in AoU). But really, the correct answer is "wait until final product photos of the Mark 3 come out, then decide between the two."

I totally get why they want to weed out the constant preorder-cancellers... but it seems like this is going to have the opposite effect. An NRD on one or two things people can handle, but this hobby is obsessive and there's no way with things a year out that people want to be out NRD on 20-30 figures.

For instance, if you want all the Avengers and a couple villains, what's the total NRD gonna cost you upfront?

I've said it before, it's really not that hard to figure out the percentage on average of preorder cancelations -- Sideshow's been doing it for 10 years now, must have it down to a science. It's like a party -- invite 100 people, expect 40 to show.

Things rarely sell out these days. Either wait to PO as it gets closer to release date or simply buy it when it comes out.

If it gets waitlisted then yeah you have to pay the NRD but how many figures sell out? Out of all the AOU stuff HT has announced/released, how many have actually sold out?

Patience.

WEE51.gif

Great figure though

Not quite sure how you feel you're shelling out cash.
When you pre-order you don't get a full charge until it ships if you choose one payment.
If you choose flex then it's to be expected.

When people pre-order then cancel on $200+ figures a NRD is to be expected. It's no different then a restocking fee, except if you choose to return you get the NRD back.

Not quite sure how you feel you're shelling out cash.
When you pre-order you don't get a full charge until it ships if you choose one payment.
If you choose flex then it's to be expected.

When people pre-order then cancel on $200+ figures a NRD is to be expected. It's no different then a restocking fee, except if you choose to return you get the NRD back.

I have no issues with the nrd concept, and actually support it, but you can't ask for an nrd for something over a year away. Ht has to plan their production to in Hand process better.

6 or 7 months no problems

Plus 12 months... Problem

I have no issues with the nrd concept, and actually support it, but you can't ask for an nrd for something over a year away. Ht has to plan their production to in Hand process better.

6 or 7 months no problems

Plus 12 months... Problem

I hear what you're saying but the only reason I disagree is you don't have to order for 6-12 months if that's really the case.
Even video games sometimes ask for pre-orders that far in advance.
Witcher 3 Special Edition I pre-ordered August of last year, it just came out.

Not to mention if the DCs really aren't as popular it's only natural they want it in front of people sooner to digest how many will be wanted so they don't over produce and it gives people more and more time to sit stare and break down to order.

It also gives people the opportunity to know whats coming to save up funds. Weather it's through a shoe box under their bed or utilizing the sideshow flex Pays.
I've got the PF Powergirl and Bat Girl on Flex, no way I could get them without that flex option, love it.

I hear what you're saying but the only reason I disagree is you don't have to order for 6-12 months if that's really the case.
Even video games sometimes ask for pre-orders that far in advance.
Witcher 3 Special Edition I pre-ordered August of last year, it just came out.

Not to mention if the DCs really aren't as popular it's only natural they want it in front of people sooner to digest how many will be wanted so they don't over produce and it gives people more and more time to sit stare and break down to order.

It also gives people the opportunity to know whats coming to save up funds. Weather it's through a shoe box under their bed or utilizing the sideshow flex Pays.
I've got the PF Powergirl and Bat Girl on Flex, no way I could get them without that flex option, love it.

Sure there are advantages which I can appreciate but none of which are over a year away right?

Like a concert ticket per say, you buy a seat let's say 6 months away, but non one buys a ticket for a event over a year from now, simply because the time disarity is to large

Sure there are advantages which I can appreciate but none of which are over a year away right?

Like a concert ticket per say, you buy a seat let's say 6 months away, but non one buys a ticket for a event over a year from now, simply because the time disarity is to large

Maybe, but if they announced a concert for a year from now for my favorite band, I'm going to order in a fear of it selling out. Look at people who buy Tickets for the Superbowl or Wrestlemania, those often go on sale a year or more apart from the event.

I get it, no one wants to wait longer then necessary but I also like knowing what's coming and if I want something bad enough being able to secure my piece.

I'm still waiting on a Thor reveal, even if its a year from now XD

Maybe, but if they announced a concert for a year from now for my favorite band, I'm going to order in a fear of it selling out. Look at people who buy Tickets for the Superbowl or Wrestlemania, those often go on sale a year or more apart from the event.

Funny enough those were the two examples I was thinking of, do they sell tickets that far in advance?

Normally, I would buy the ticket also, but when the gap is that larg, I wait it out and buy from scalper because the variance in price isn't that big

Back