1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Alien vs. Predator: Elder Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally understand your situation. I had to hold off on suicide squad for the same reason. Maybe somewhere down the line.

It's the right price for him, plus for the same price as they have been the AVP predators are huge , bigger than the berserk predator

Scar....Celtic and Ancient going for crazy price right now. Yeah....$250 doesn't sound so bad after all. Lol

I am so looking forward to this figures arrival...machiko is lonely

Same here. lol 20160819_035941_1471615991058.jpg

So here are my thoughts on this guy, overall its a great looking figure and certainly a must for any Pred collector who already picked up the other two AVP figs. The eyes and steep sculpt issue don't bother me as it looks close to the actual movie character while in my opinion coming off with a more menacing look overall than what he actually had. The bio is great but I think HT should have made it wearable, yes he never wore it in the film, but it would have been an awesome look to see the mandibles underneath it.
The dreads, as mentioned, are the best on any pred yet in my opinion - they just look old and gnarly giving him an aged appearance without making him seem feeble. I think they nailed how much whiskers to use as well, though the removal of the head makes it very possible to break them off. The cape is a great material, but is definitely difficult to get to sit just right, what I did was tuck the chain under three of the spikes on the neck collar and it looks best like this to me.
The spear is well done, however, the collapsed size of it is too big, but it does not bother me that much, the thing looks extremely fragile though. I have pretty much all the preds and have broken two of the normal spears just collapsing them gently. HT needed to address that and never did. I would have also liked to see a hand included that had his fingers wrap up and under the bio as getting it to sit naturally is far too difficult. Another nit is the string used on the bio, it is all wrinkly like old thread and they just sloppily glued it to the back of the bio but the greeblies are excellent so that offsets this.
The biggest problem for me is the stand, you have Scar and Celtic with their elaborate skull laden masterpieces and this guy comes with the awful dated looking oval POS stand. This is an absolute BS move as the only three pieces HT really had to work on here were the sculpt, bio and spear. Putting this guy next to the others just looks off with him on the crappedy stand, after all this is the Elder, he should have had a stand mimicking the ship floor in the final scene in the least.
Still glad to have him, looking forward to a chopper (with an awesome stand ;-).Attachment-1.jpeg

Was not a big fan of the movie but he is very different than the rest. I'm very happy to have got the figure

that queen skull looks in good scale, what model is it?
alien skull with fingers looks creepy :horror

beautiful setup, love the little shelves.

Thanks , coming from u is weird . I have wanted to tell u to relax so many times about what figures are suppose to be. Your passion is too much, especially for the alien . Aliens are not one look , so if there is a difference between the movie and an evolving creature there is not one look. The can be anything and any color . Predators are just great together , each one is different. Movies are a great guide line but is doesn't matter a p1 is not perfect. It's a good predator in the collection is how most of us see it..... Just a heads up

Thanks , coming from u is weird . I have wanted to tell u to relax so many times about what figures are suppose to be.
but your diorama is your diorama, made by you to please your sight and fulfill your collection. i see a lot of work put together and looking nice and unique.
and what does HT do?
- buy a license and forbid others to make the same character in the same scale
- make something without any hard work applied, looking very random in the end
- describe it as "movie accurate perfect representation of a movie character" and sell it for lots of $$.
what figures are supposed to be? at least they should fit the third part.

but your diorama is your diorama, made by you to please your sight and fulfill your collection. i see a lot of work put together and looking nice and unique.
and what does HT do?
- buy a license and forbid others to make the same character in the same scale
- make something without any hard work applied, looking very random in the end
- describe it as "movie accurate perfect representation of a movie character" and sell it for lots of $$.
what figures are supposed to be? at least they should fit the third part.
I see your beef, but I don't think you will ever get what u want. You didn't like Neca 1/4 alien , and that thing is beautiful

because Neca 1/4 A1 had a very ugly and inaccurate head, and i don't care for those who doesn't see it :)
though, if it was 1/6, i'd get it over HT anytime, and one day i might buy newest Neca small aliens from A1 and A2. i had old ones, i know they changed something, but i'm too lazy to study what version i should get.

Back