1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Alien vs. Predator: Elder Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because sadly i'm not 15 anymore, when kenner was a cool alien :(

:slap
you spent 4 posts in a row to speak about a neca figure i'm not interested in and about how much i lose not appreciating it.
in a thread and conversation not even devoted to that figure.
i agree. it's not good to be so fanatically stuck up.

:slap
you spent 4 posts in a row to speak about a neca figure i'm not interested in and about how much i lose not appreciating it.
in a thread and conversation not even devoted to that figure.
i agree. it's not good to be so fanatically stuck up.

Kind of, this conversation applies to your past posting for this figure. I'm surprised your this even tempered . I expect it to backlash to bring up your short coming with all figures but I'm glad I have. This thread is perfect for this conversation because I didn't plan on getting to and pulled the hammer after my own thoughts about it. Not the past posts . I've seen your posts for years and 80 % of the time u are use old movie screenshots and concepts to help u decide of what u buy.
That's my beef, some of us don't care. If it looks good than I like it. If it break right out of the package or is cheap that's a good point to hammer home. But not if the tubes on an aliens head are off.

That's my beef, some of us don't care. If it looks good than I like it. If it break right out of the package or is cheap that's a good point to hammer home. But not if the tubes on an aliens head are off.
some care for the quality, some for accuracy, some seek the middle and deal with it. i still don't understand why you care if i like it or not. if all existing alien 1 figures became 1/6, i'd choose Konami or Kotobukiya or Sano, because i need an 1/6 A1, but it should look as close to the movie one as possible.

some care for the quality, some for accuracy, some seek the middle and deal with it. i still don't understand why you care if i like it or not. if all existing alien 1 figures became 1/6, i'd choose Konami or Kotobukiya or Sano, because i need an 1/6 A1, but it should look as close to the movie one as possible.

I don't care if you like a figure , it's cool. I'm trying to understand the regulars here. I've been on these forums for years and have seen a lot of hate for my favorite figures. So it's good to see everyone's point of view. For example, the companies u named off are not figures so they should be more accurate and easy to make compared to a moving 1/6 figure . So some things are harder to make like the movie, but you have to admit they are trying to get as close as possible. And u have to add into the flare of an artist too. I think most of my predators look bad ass, but I have some hang ups on them. The Elder predator 2.0 is way too short for example. But it still looks better than the original imo

So, ummm...yeah, this Elder is pretty great. I've had him for nearly a week now and I'm still very much enjoying having him on the shelf. For the first time since I got into HT Predators I don't have any more figures to look forward to. HT has not announced or even hinted at any new Predators and I have collected all of the older figures (at least all the ones I wanted). I even bought custom parts to make Chopper since HT doesn't seem to want to do it. So at this point my Predator collection is done. It's a weird feeling - I like being done, but I also want more.

got mine yesterday, so far i'm definitely happy with my purchase it looks amazing on the shelf and compliments Scar very well. i'm in the same boat as you with the predator hot toys, I own pretty much all I want for now. I really hope we see a Jungle hunter and Wolf 2.0 but until then i'll enjoy what I have.

Yeah, if they make a Chopper 2.0, Jungle Hunter 2.0 or Wolf 2.0 I'd definitely pick those up. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else they could do. Perhaps they could release more of the Lost tribe from P2, but that seems very unlikely to happen.

Yeah, if they make a Chopper 2.0, Jungle Hunter 2.0 or Wolf 2.0 I'd definitely pick those up. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else they could do. Perhaps they could release more of the Lost tribe from P2, but that seems very unlikely to happen.

I'm down for Chopper and Wolf. C'mon HT...make it happen.

So some things are harder to make like the movie, but you have to admit they are trying to get as close as possible. And u have to add into the flare of an artist too.
all neca aliens look better than a lot more expensive. except for A1 face and throat :)
i could go with Neca aliens and close my alien collection with it, but the starting alien is bad. and, as people praise that ugly mf, the sculptor has no reason to correct it.

I'm down for Chopper and Wolf. C'mon HT...make it happen.

I agree. I want the Wolf first!! I was really hoping the next Predator 2.0 released would be that one, alas we got this and the paint job and eyes on this look ridiculous. As Nenny D put it "he looks like a ****ing retarded monkey" LOL.

You definitely want to keep those eyes in shadow - they look very silly indeed.

How are the Predators doing these days anyway? The pace of release seems slow and I don't get the impression they're big sellers for HT anymore.

You definitely want to keep those eyes in shadow - they look very silly indeed.

How are the Predators doing these days anyway? The pace of release seems slow and I don't get the impression they're big sellers for HT anymore.

Yeah for some reason they don't do the 3 most sought after for 2.0 the Original and Wolf and Chopper. Feels like the same with the Terminator line, instead of getting a nice Endo 2.0 we got the Genisys endo and an old arnie. No 2.0 Kyle Reese or 2.0 T1000.....:gah:

How the conversation goes at the HT production meeting......We have a loyal fan base we can expand on sir with Terminator and Predator. We could easily back to some of our earlier releases and do an updated 2.0 version that we know would be great sellers. Lead Production Manager: that would never work. Lets stick with the new licenses this new Terminator Genisys is sure to be a hit. And as far as the Predator goes, just use a dart board and let chance decide what 2.0 we will release or heck just make up one like the Samurai predator the fans will love it LOL

I just got the Avp elder last night and I think he looks awesome! Goes great in the pred collection. I'm down for a wolf 2.0 as for chopper it's not needed, German beasts parts made for a perfect chopper 2.0

I agree. I want the Wolf first!! I was really hoping the next Predator 2.0 released would be that one, alas we got this and the paint job and eyes on this look ridiculous. As Nenny D put it "he looks like a ****ing retarded monkey" LOL.

Lol. That's was hilarious.

image.jpg

Back