1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is shipping today. My new display: In this order: Maul, DS Anakin, ESB Vader and Palps in the center, Jedi Luke.
I don't need any more figures..Maybe Dooku after that.

:rotfl

:goodpost:

Why do his arms look so thin :slap

It is one of those things HTs never gets right.
Darth Vader is intimidating in height and muscularity. Otherwise it looks like the Revenge of the Sith skinny Hayden Christensen inside the suit and not David Prowse.

This is going to be a great figure no doubt. If I were getting this I'd be really happy. I do prefer the Sideshow ROTJ body though because it gives the figure a larger appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the list of issues so far:

-Gap in tusk tubing
-Tusks pointing slightly downwards
-Upper mouth grill not angled enough (appears too flat)
-Eye lenses not exactly the right shape (actually the biggest issue for me)
-Widows peak not flat

Anything else on the head sculpt?

I don't think they re-used the Rogue One/ANH dome. It's looks smaller and better proportioned. They had the R1 dome in the early prototype but now it looks different and better

Body looks good enough for me

-Split in tusk tubing
-Eye lenses not exactly the right shape (biggest issue for me)

I don't think they re-used the Rogue One/ANH dome. It's looks smaller and better proportioned. They had the R1 dome in the early prototype but now it looks different and better

Are the ANH and RO the same helmet mould?

I'm pretty sure ANH and Rogue One have the the same dome mold after spending the past year staring at pictures. The flare is too large and too straight and it's really annoying looking at it on the shelf .

That's something you see from far

(unlike the ESB issues which might become non existent on a display shelf_)

-Gap in tusk tubing

Don't forget the stupid widow's peak that should be flat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure ANH and Rogue One are the same mold after spending the past year staring at pictures. The flare is too large and too straight and it's really annoying looking at it on the shelf

How about the Version 2 ANH?

HT stuck with the flat black cape and tunic material from ANH v1 and v2. I thought the RO cape and tunic material was much nicer and darker (didn't bounce light).

HT stuck with the flat black cape and tunic material from ANH v1 and v2. I thought the RO cape and tunic material was much nicer and darker (didn't bounce light).

what? you mean the cape on the ESB is not like the Rogue One? that was the one thing that was fantastic about it

-Gap in tusk tubing
-Widows peak not flat

I hesitate to suggest things to add to the list because some here seem to be getting really irritated with criticisms, but one thing I think might be agreed upon by most is that the nose is too small (both in height and width).

Below is a cropped and rotated helmet pic from one of the shots posted yesterday, with an ESB movie helmet from the Costumes book on the left and a grainy shot of movie Vader on the right. I'd love to use a higher-quality photo of the helmet from a movie capture, but I don't have a better straight-ahead shot without the head turning slightly more to one side or the other.

HTESBVader02.jpg

I think the undersized nose is pretty clear, but I'll let everyone else dispute that if they feel like it.

Back