1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 423751

I am getting so impatient for this thing. I think the helmet looks so good here. Nowhere near the widows peak that is on my ANH and R1 vader. This one is gonna be the best 1/6 Vader imo, until the next one. lol

Still waiting for an update from Sideshow

That's the strange thing...on some of the pics the widows peak looks more rounded...then on others it looks like a reused ANH/R1 helmet?

Shipped from SS in California yesterday. I'll drop some in hand photos once it gets here. I can tell.from the photos this is the new 1:6 Vader standard by far. Actually prefer this look over the overly sleek and glossy Rotj one.

I'm glad I was able to still cancel this order. Based on the slope in the back of the helmet, Hot Toys is reusing the mold for the ANH/Rogue One dome. The ESB dome is a lot sharper and more angular when viewed from the side. They also seem to be planning ahead for the ROTJ version by having the separation lines around the mouth and tusks, so this Vader ends up feels more like a kitbash than a precision $300 figurine.

Mine shipped last night and scheduled delivery for Monday but i just put in a deliver to access point (ups store) so I can get it after work and my estimated delivery is now tuesday. It could come Monday but maybe tuesday. Sometimes they deliver on estimated date when I do deliver to access point and sometimes it gets delivered the next day.

Thinking I might cancel mine and just keep waiting to see a ROTJ Vader. The ESB is not horrible, I do think it is better than ANH Vader V1 but not as good as ANH V2 or RO.

I don’t like the look of the helmet. Not a fan of the removable dome. I like the concept of the stand, but it is poorly executed in the end. Undersized and inaccurate.

It would be a fill the void Vader for me until the next one honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I have no problem with a difference of opinion but some of them are just idiotic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah just clutters up the thread. I deleted that post because I didn't want to be part of the problem. But people come in here just to convince themselves they don't need something and the comments are just ridiculous.

I’ll have mine on Monday as well as some of you .I can’t wait for a comparison video and looking for to any Helmet mods. Can we take R1 face and use Esb Dome ?

Tusk are difinetly pointed downwords what a bummer .

Photos via Hot Toys Mad Man. He also informed me that the dome locks into place firmly once lined up properly.

View attachment 423740
View attachment 423741
View attachment 423742

Does it look perfect? Nope, but does it look as bad as you guys are making it out to be? God no. I'll be happy with this in my collection.

Those photos are also 3 or 4 times the size of the actual 1/6 scale figure so any discrepancies will be 1/4 of the size they appear. There's nothing about this figure that I've seen that makes me regret ordering. This will remain as my only 1/6 scale Vader.

You can also see in that video that the dome does seem to somewhat lock into place on the head and just didnt come right off when pulled. I wouldn't go off the toystv video as it's usually chaos with 2-3 sets of arms all trying to get their hands on a figure and it's accessories.

Last edited:
Come on, people really think a close to $300 Vader, after several versions wont have the dome able to lock somewhat? :lol

Yeah just clutters up the thread. I deleted that post because I didn't want to be part of the problem. But people come in here just to convince themselves they don't need something and the comments are just ridiculous.

I'm buying this figure. It'll be the only Vader I have. But I'm not happy about the seams on the mouth and that review video really worries me. Makes me think a full reveal helmet would be a nightmare to deal with. Someone said the dome was not properly 'clicked' in place. I'd like to see a video of this figure and have someone hold it upside down to prove the dome doesn't fly off at the slightest touch.

I'd bet both my gonads that the dome wouldn't come off but then again, who would want them. [emoji38]

Dear mother of god. That looks amazing!

It really does. As the figure turns it just looks so polished. I love the proportions from what I am seeing, they really have refined things over the last few releases. Really looking forward to unboxing this. I need that new Hot Toys smell, been too long.

I'm buying this figure. It'll be the only Vader I have. But I'm not happy about the seams on the mouth and that review video really worries me. Makes me think a full reveal helmet would be a nightmare to deal with. Someone said the dome was not properly 'clicked' in place. I'd like to see a video of this figure and have someone hold it upside down to prove the dome doesn't fly off at the slightest touch.

Pics magnify things up close. I'm picky and don't feel this will be an issue in hand. Not sure which other figures you've had but I can assure you after owning every Hot Toys Vader, there will be something you aren't happy about. I think that goes for every figure.

I'm glad I was able to still cancel this order. Based on the slope in the back of the helmet, Hot Toys is reusing the mold for the ANH/Rogue One dome. The ESB dome is a lot sharper and more angular when viewed from the side. They also seem to be planning ahead for the ROTJ version by having the separation lines around the mouth and tusks, so this Vader ends up feels more like a kitbash than a precision $300 figurine.

Thinking I might cancel mine and just keep waiting to see a ROTJ Vader. The ESB is not horrible, I do think it is better than ANH Vader V1 but not as good as ANH V2 or RO.

I don’t like the look of the helmet. Not a fan of the removable dome. I like the concept of the stand, but it is poorly executed in the end. Undersized and inaccurate.

It would be a fill the void Vader for me until the next one honestly.

I'm wondering if SSC is trying to get figures before the HK releases to limit people cancelling before the imminent arrival after seeing HK reviews of iffy figures. This doesn't look iffy to me at all, just saying I don't know why Hot Toys is sitting on them in HK while they're on the boat to the US.

Back