1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, its basically a repackaged R1 Vader tweaked. am I right?
They will be charing us all soon..

I think there are a lot of differences between the RO/ ANH and ESB Vader actually. I think I could pick which I was looking at pretty consistently if I were just shown film stills.

The difference between ESB and ROTJ are probably harder to spot.

I agree. Unfortunately, it is also pretty easy to spot the differences between RO and ANH.

Guys, there is one Vader. They are all the same, the differences are just perceived differences based on the lighting in the movies and other mistakes. ANH was done on a cheaper budget so Vader looks a little rough — bad film stock, plus they forgot to charge the batteries for his chest box in that movie.

Empire used better film so he looked a little shinier, they replaced the Radio Shack chargeable batteries with Energizers. A prop guy did drop the dome though and broke the widow’s peak, so that difference is real. He was fired and was since barred from all SW celebrations now. All true.

Guys, there is one Vader. They are all the same, the differences are just perceived differences based on the lighting in the movies and other mistakes. ANH was done on a cheaper budget so Vader looks a little rough — bad film stock, plus they forgot to charge the batteries for his chest box in that movie.

Empire used better film so he looked a little shinier, they replaced the Radio Shack chargeable batteries with Energizers. A prop guy did drop the dome though and broke the widow’s peak, so that difference is real. He was fired and was since barred from all SW celebrations now. All true.

For a second I thought you were serious and the OCD within me started raging.

For me personally this is far more interesting than seeing a figure released in HK and reviewed to death before it’s available in the US.

It’s my fault for watching all the reviews and reading the forums but when I open a figure now there is a little less excitement because it’s already been picked apart in the weeks after it’s HK release.
Yes, it disenchants the whole experience. I mean, it's great after you have it in hand and watch all the videos and see all the pictures.
But when you're doing all of that weeks and weeks before you even have it, it's like it's old news when it arrives at your doorstep.
The difference between ESB and ROTJ are probably harder to spot.
I thought so too..as I only knew about the little indentation near the 'widow's peak' area on Empire Vader's dome. I just did some checking and noticed that ESB Vader has a more elaborate and detailed chest box. So now I can instantly spot which is which by looking at that. I'm still on the fence about getting this figure, the eventual Jedi one or not another at all. You inspired me to look up the differences, and has shown me Empire Vader has got 7% more going for it. Taking the full Anakin sculpt out of the equation, since I'd never display it that way.

Yes, it disenchants the whole experience. I mean, it's great after you have it in hand and watch all the videos and see all the pictures.
But when you're doing all of that weeks and weeks before you even have it, it's like it's old news when it arrives at your doorstep.

I thought so too..as I only knew about the little indentation near the 'widow's peak' area on Empire Vader's dome. I just did some checking and noticed that ESB Vader has a more elaborate and detailed chest box. So now I can instantly spot which is which by looking at that. I'm still on the fence about getting this figure, the eventual Jedi one or not another at all. You inspired me to look up the differences, and has shown me Empire Vader has got 7% more going for it. Taking the full Anakin sculpt out of the equation, since I'd never display it that way.

Whenever I watch the ROTJ reveal scene now, I think of the beginning of 'chasing amy'. Still one of the funniest things I've seen in a movie. :)

just give me a correct helmet sculpt, with the dome of the correct proportions, that's pretty much all I want

don't care if a chest box button is the wrong color or the reveal face

Back