1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually want this for the base more than anything. I'd be content waiting for a RotJ Vader but the base would be cool to display him on in that iconic pose.

How confident are we that Vader standing on the base is going to fit in a detolf? Cos if he’s not I may have to cancel.

How confident are we that Vader standing on the base is going to fit in a detolf? Cos if he’s not I may have to cancel.
I'm going to use jazz's diorama for this, so it's kind of moot in my case. But I don't think this is going to fit in a detolf unless you have Vader hunched over in a fighting pose.

I like the base but don't understand it. It looks slightly underscaled. I like the look of it otherwise.

Why hot toys doesn't just make interconnectable (that's a word right?) bases and backgrounds I'll never know. They do sort of do that with the ANH figures.

If they did, it may push me into buying a figure I would otherwise not buy (let's use the ugnaughts as an example) just to connect the base and backgrounds.

Just a question , those vertical cellphone pictures tend to make everything look a bit taller and squished horizontally right?

I like this FB_IMG_1511530547248.jpg

Paypal doesn't operate in my country. And Hot Toys could easily include a basic stand at little to no cost.

My favorite SW HT bases are the grated ones the original OT figures came with. It's nice to be able to put the crotch grabber base anywhere on the stand you want. And the name plates being removable also allows you to swap bases and name plates with the figures, or use no name plate at all (if you turn the stand around backwards you don't see the groove for the nameplate). I have a whole bunch I bought here and there (11 I think) when I found them cheap for my SS 3PO & R2, as well as my Marmit Stormtrooper & Sandtrooper.

I wish HT stuck with those for every SW release. Or include them with those that have special dio bases like this ESB Vader.

Back