1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can they never get the color of the chest armor correct? Look how dark grey the grey stripes are from the actual movie. Looks like they're just reusing Rogue One chest armor with the silver and black stripes. So annoying.

That's just how it appears oftenly in the movie, similar to Han's parka, when lighted properly the armor contrast is pretty harsh.
maxresdefault.jpg (credits to The Mike)

HT color is fine.

That's just how it appears oftenly in the movie, similar to Han's parka, when lighted properly the armor contrast is pretty harsh.
View attachment 419658 (credits to The Mike)

HT color is fine.

I stand corrected then. I'm gonna repaint the chest armor anyways, just like with my ANH Vader, because I can. I'll also be lowering the helmet and putting the tunic over the chest armor. Screw being screen accurate. I hate the chest armor over the tunic. I hate the helmet being so high up. Just looks off in a goofy way to me. Ugh.

I stand corrected then. I'm gonna repaint the chest armor anyways, just like with my ANH Vader, because I can. I'll also be lowering the helmet and putting the tunic over the chest armor. Screw being screen accurate. I hate the chest armor over the tunic. I hate the helmet being so high up. Just looks off in a goofy way to me. Ugh.
Just in case you're curious,

https://www.starwarshelmets.com/Original-Darth-Vader-Helmets.htm

I thought it was pretty cool. There is a great top down pic of the esb helmet that shows the gun metal and black contrast. Its very obvious in bright light, hardly noticeable in the esb film.

if you look at the previous screen cap with Vader in his chamber, you can see the helmet is sitting a bit above the brow, so I think the figure matches that. As long as it's not placed too forward and there's a big gap (like in the Kotobuyika 1:;7 ANH Vader which looks terrible because of that)

I won't use the display stand because he'll be too tall for a detolf. And I already have the RO version, which is nice and shiny.

I hadn't considered that. I was pretty sure he would fit. Do we know his exact height while on the base?

Love this shiny ESB version, and cool base..too bad I already got that new ANH Vader with the 2 pack :(

Love this shiny ESB version, and cool base..too bad I already got that new ANH Vader with the 2 pack :(

I have ANH Vader but I want this Vader so I can have one locking sabers with Luke in front of Palpatine and one to pose however I feel day to day. Maybe with Obi-Wan, maybe with troopers, maybe this, maybe that...🤔

Everything about this statement is correct except remove the about Vader part.
Everyone is an expert on pics here. Mostly what I see here are poor show floor pics or mobile phone pics with lens distortion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I hadn't considered that. I was pretty sure he would fit. Do we know his exact height while on the base?
Well my R1 version on a generic oval stand has at most a 3/4 inch clearance in a detolf. I imagine the ESB base will add at least a 1/2 to 1 inch of height, which probably won't fit. It may work if you hunch him over a bit, but it will be tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

you can always put your ESB vader on the R1 stand (if your not displaying both)

it's true there's lens distortions in the cellphone pics. Sometimes it can alter how it looks quite a bit. Maybe that's why we think the dome is ok now not but it might not be

Been comparing sdcc photos to the movie, I'm not at the least worried. Best 1:6 Vader so far incoming. I personally dont see how a future Rotj release will top this, the face reveal helmets and even more gloss is to me not positives.

Maybe if it has a 1:6 super star destroyer accessory.

Deciding if I should get this or the 1/4 scale I don’t have any Vader, and the QS seems to be the ultimate one time piece.

Deciding if I should get this or the 1/4 scale I don’t have any Vader, and the QS seems to be the ultimate one time piece.
If you don't have a 1/6 collection and want a Vader centerpiece, save up for the 1/4 scale. The presence alone is worth the extra.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back