1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the head looks scaled alright, same scale as the Rogue One

It can't be scaled as a normal head since it's a helmet .if you look at pics of the actual costume the head also looks big

The new pic is just not sharp enought to see is the widows peak is still there but the dome seems a lot better

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

up_14.jpg

up_15.jpg

up_16.jpg

up_17.jpg

up_18.jpg

up_19.jpg

up_20.jpg

up_21.jpg

up_22.jpg

up_23.jpg

up_24.jpg

I have a question

Once a Hot Toys figure is in production and shipping, are they all identical? Did it ever happen they did a "first batch" and then corrected something on units that were made at a later date? Like if they realize the dome is too big, then you get some figures with a large dome and some with a corrected one

If that happens pre-ordering would be a risk

I've seen some cheaper figures with unmentioned variations, like the early Black Series ANH Vader with extra red eyes and later ones with normal "brownish" eyes.

I have a question

Once a Hot Toys figure is in production and shipping, are they all identical? Did it ever happen they did a "first batch" and then corrected something on units that were made at a later date? Like if they realize the dome is too big, then you get some figures with a large dome and some with a corrected one

I've seen some cheaper figures with unmentioned variations, like the early Black Series ANH Vader with extra red eyes and later ones with normal "brownish" eyes.

Probably not something physical like that, but there were teeth lines missing from the first batch of TFA Rey figures. But that didn't even affect the figures that were purchased through Sideshow, just the ones directly purchased from Hong Kong when it was first released.

I have a question

Yes. There can actually be a fair amount of variation between batches.

If you are apprehensive about this you should wait for SS to get theirs. The first batch would be day release in HK. The ebay first in hand ones.

I've personally never seen, what I would consider to be, a major variation between batches.

Variations between batches are rare and they are typically very minor.

What's the chewbacca fur colour difference?

Sent from a point in space and time

I had no idea (until recently), that during the scene were vader is traipsing through the rebel command base on hoth, his mask has the ANH chin grill...something the people on the RPF have probably known for years. I was always distracted by the odd tilt of his dome in that scene.
ad47425d4d8c7acb89a0e2a0a18a2d95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That and the shortened inner robe probably for easier maneuverability around Echo Base wreckage. WHo knows HT might make him too hehe
Echo Base Vader/Snowtrooper Commander 2pk!!

I had no idea (until recently), that during the scene were vader is traipsing through the rebel command base on hoth, his mask has the ANH chin grill...something the people on the RPF have probably known for years. I was always distracted by the odd tilt of his dome in that scene.
ad47425d4d8c7acb89a0e2a0a18a2d95.jpg

Look how big his head there.

Back