1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

He toned up when he posed for Hot Toys. I'm only guessing.:lecture

I know what you mean, but in some scenes he appeared a little more ripped than others. One thing about Hulk, you can make him too fat and it won't look right, but he can't ever be too ripped.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

true that! it does look awesome as it is.
but i'll be worried bout the paint rubs on the shoulders where the arms will move... :gah:
i guess if i just take him out and look at him and touch or move nothing he should be fine... :monkey3

Rubber arms = No purchase.

Every time I'm even slightly tempted I will look at my Mars Attacks arms or Abe Sapien.
Both cracked, neither was posed with bent arms.

I don't want to drop this kind of cash to have to check it everyday waiting for the
Inevitable.

I'm okay with the price. They're charging 225 for Iron Man. 75 bucks makes up for the price.And if you buy from an LCS, it's only a 45 dollar differential.

The thing with these rubber bodies is it seems to be heavily influenced by environment.

Rubber muscle bodies I have had:

Rambo First Blood
Rambo 2
Rambo 3
Aliens Drake
Dutch
Hellboy
Abe Sapien

And the rubber suits on both Alien figures, Kane & Dallas, people reported the suits cracking. Mine stayed in perfect condition.

And every single one of the muscle bodies stayed in mint condition. Of those, I still have Hellboy, Abe, Dutch and Drake. All bodies are still in perfect condition.

And other people who have reported rubber bodies cracking, have had it happen to multiple figures in their possession.

So...:dunno

That said, I think HT made a bad choice with the arms on Hulk.

I ve got five of the figures Kings listed above and DX 02,and I ve had no problems either.I live in South-east England.

you guys are too hard to please, some of you at least

definite buy

I have many figures with rubber style arm articulation. Jack Krauser, Chris Redfield, Sheva Alomar, and Sarah Connor to name a few. I haven't had any problem with them so far(and there could always be problems over time), but I don't pose their arms either, which is kind of a bummer because I would like to. I want this Hulk, but it'll be the same story with him as well. I'll just end up having his arms at his side and deal with it.

I feel that seamless joints have always been a poor design choice on figures as they've always hindered articulation and caused some collectors problems with tearing so far. It would have been better to just have muscle arms with joints built into them like they've been doing since the T2 T-800.

Yeah, deterioration of rubber materials is absolutely environmental.

I am not sure about this!!
I was going to jump in and get one but now not so sure!
I think I will spend the money on the new Batman 1/4 HT

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

I am sure a ton of work and R&D went into Hulk, but one sculpt and an extra pair of hands seems like an exceptionally lazy effort.

Underwhelming.

And on rubber arms.....

a70.gif

It think it looks is amazing! However the arms are goig to crack. :(

Quite underwhelming...maybe I was expecting more from HT....

The Hair is such a disaster :slap

Well, not only environmental. But it can speed up the deterioration process. Rubber, like most materials break down with time. Rubber is one material that breaks down quicker compared to plastic. There are also other disadvantages with rubber... Like cleaning off dust.. Color distortion.. Awful smell.. :dunno Hope this PVC material is better.

Maybe what people really need to do is put the HT figures in sealed nitrogen filled cases.

https://www.laboratory-supply.net/desiccators/desiccators_1500.html

I'm thinking it would slow cracking significantly. I don't know if it would prevent it altogether, though.

I knew HT was going to have these type of arms as soon as I heard they were making Hulk. I also think they will crack in 4-5 years.

I would expect PVC to crack only along the joints compared to rubber which can start falling apart just about anywhere. PVC is more stable so you might get away with keeping his arms slightly bent in the longrun. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

The thing with these rubber bodies is it seems to be heavily influenced by environment.

And the rubber suits on both Alien figures, Kane & Dallas, people reported the suits cracking. Mine stayed in perfect condition.

And every single one of the muscle bodies stayed in mint condition. Of those, I still have Hellboy, Abe, Dutch and Drake. All bodies are still in perfect condition.

And other people who have reported rubber bodies cracking, have had it happen to multiple figures in their possession.

So...:dunno

What's the temperature in your cabinet? Gotta make that my standard :D

Hate rubber! Hate PVC! Hate the headsculpt! Hate the accessories!

Should I order 2?

SixthScaleEdward said:
What's the temperature in your cabinet? Gotta make that my standard :D

Its pretty much 68 in my house year round.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, without all the PVC and cloth pants you basically have something similar to this:

7b48bdb3.jpg

Realism comes at cost and in this case a big cost.

I'll be posing mine like this anyway so I cant see my arms cracking

901939_press01-001.jpg

:yess:

Back