1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Who knows.. Maybe they wanted to add a little twist to it to keep it from being compared to a standard toy. I want know why we aren't getting a Banner. Maybe Ruffalo didn't want them to make one? All I know is that this beast is gonna look fantastic with the rest of the team on my shelf. Woo woo

375244_10151387616058524_1255568534_n.jpg

I have been looking at this for quite a while now. I am still for it and I am still glad to have it PO'ed with my local UK supplier, but I do have a new general opinion of the figure now that more of it has been exposed in this photo. It now seems rather silly of HT to produce a figure that has exposed joints throughout the majority of its body, but then hides just the elbow joints under silicone/PVC/hybrid.

What was the point in that particular exercise? Even if you wish to limit yourselves to just 'within the AVENGERS movie' figures, Hawkeye proves that you can have exposed joints and still produce a totally knock-out figure.

:dunno

I think it's the knees that's throwing this one off a bit for me. They have the pants hiked up a little too high because in all the other pics I've seen, his knee joints are well hidden. Maybe they did it on purpose so we can see how their constructed? :dunno

Not to mention the feet. Look at its right ankle, there is a noticable gap for articulation.

You know it's a sixth scale "articulated" figure, there will be visible joints. If you don' like that buy a statue. ( have the Hulk Maquette on preorder too!)

Cant help thinking a lot of the whinning about rubber and so on gave us this......not a total disaster but close, i love the character and will try to fashion a torn shirt to try and hide the ugly joints

Sure the joints could be different or better, but I still think it's a great looking figure, and certainly looks much better in natural lighting and not all washed out like that.

Hot-Toys-The-Avengers-Hulk-4.jpg

HT-Hulk3.jpg

The lack of swivel motion at the shoulder or elbow severely restricts arm movement. I hope Avengers 2 Hulk has elbow joints. I still think HT would be able to conceal joints in a tasteful way. Construction wise, this figure already looks dated. But theres no other option.

I would forgive everything if they just announced a second head sculpt :gah:

I still think HT could do a figure jointed like the Diamon select Hulk, maybe the joints wouldn't have as much a range of motion if HT conceals them better and all, but I think it'd look fine, and I think collectors need to just realize, you're not going to get a Hulk figure that doesn't have visble joints but can pose a great deal. Either you get a statue or you get joints, that's it.

Is it me or is he proportionately too big in those pics compared to the rest of the team? I don't remember him being so huge in the movie.

I think it's just that the figure is posed fairly upright with them where Hulk was mostly hunched over whenever he was around the rest of the group in the movie. He's 9 feet tall, averaging the rest of the men at 6 feet tall, if they're 12" figures, Hulk should be 18" upright.

You know it's a sixth scale "articulated" figure, there will be visible joints. If you don' like that buy a statue. ( have the Hulk Maquette on preorder too!)

Check the proto pic above, the ankles don't have as big a gap as the one pictured one page back.

I think he's supposed to have hidden elbow joints, which are likely gonna suck.

Yeah, his arms are going to have some articulation at the elbow, but I'd prefer if they were just larger versions of the exposed ball joints they use on the other smaller muscle bodies.

I'm getting him anyway, but that would have been my preference.

I think it's just that the figure is posed fairly upright with them where Hulk was mostly hunched over whenever he was around the rest of the group in the movie. He's 9 feet tall, averaging the rest of the men at 6 feet tall, if they're 12" figures, Hulk should be 18" upright.

Yea I suppose. Just was thinking of him battling Thor or when they are standing next to each other and he punches Thor, I don't remember him being ridiculously large.

Better than being too small for sure tho.

Still not sure if I'm getting this or the maquette.

Yeah, his arms are going to have some articulation at the elbow, but I'd prefer if they were just larger versions of the exposed ball joints they use on the other smaller muscle bodies.

I'm getting him anyway, but that would have been my preference.
Me too. Seeing that every other joint is fairly visible, I don't know why they bothered hiding the elbow joint.
And MaulFan, I believe he's only supposed to be 8 feet in the Avengers. I could be wrong, but I recall hearing that.

Here's a shot of him with Thor, probably the best moment in the film to compare Hulk to other characters, the group shots were from high and low angles.

8326772684_89590dfa74_o.jpg

I am most definitely buying this figure, but I really, really wish they could have included a 2nd screaming head sculpt. THAT would be so awesome.

What I'm really hoping against hope for more than anything is someone on here making 1. A killer Hulk screaming headsculpt and 2. A killer Loki doing his evil grin headsculpt. That would make me quite happy.

Back