1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough.. although I suspect you are in the minority.

Yup. Noted. Just wanted to throw in my two cents. Apparently still worth only two cents. Lol. I do like the new hulk and everything about the character in avengers.

I really like the first film.

Yeah - it sucks in parts, but there's some good in there too. Hulk fighting the mutant dogs in the forest was one of the absolute highlights for me. Nick Nolte as David Banner.. he was awesome. You can't fake that kind of creepy. Love Jennifer Connelly too. :) I can't stand Eric Bana as.. Bana er.. Banner. :lol

Not a a fan the 08 film - Norton being well cast, aside. Dislike the Hulk design for starters - one thing, I agree with Wake on. William Hurt as Ross? Sam Elliot NAILED that role.. sorry.

I did like the homage to the TV show though, with Banner essentially on the run, & the great piano TV theme music.

Sadly, not for me. Had they been something other than mutant poodles... Maybe.... I doubt it. But poodles?!!! Just doesn't sit with me. :slap:gah:

And yes, Elliot was the better Ross. :wink1:

Sadly, not for me. Had they been something other than mutant poodles... Maybe.... I doubt it. But poodles?!!! Just doesn't sit with me. :slap:gah

This is where I find Lee's film falling short. The idea of daddy issues and all isn't bad, even the Hulk's size could be looked past, but 2 out of 3 key fights in the film feature horrible foes, mutant dogs and that mess they came up with for David Banner, the whole giant bubble thing was major WTF. I really liked how Blonsky/Abomination was handled in TIH, other than not explaining how they will ever keep such a beast in custody.

Sadly, not for me. Had they been something other than mutant poodles... Maybe.... I doubt it. But poodles?!!! Just doesn't sit with me. :slap:gah:
But.. only one dog was a poodle. :huh :lol

The other two were MEAN!!! One was a Pitbull, & the other a Mastiff or something. You don't remember that?

If you didn't like the sequence, no worries.

Btw - I really disliked the Abomination design / Tim Roth in the 2008 film. I actually held off from buying TIH for ages after watching it once. I eventually bought it, but now I want to sell it. Not a fan.

There you go I guess.. horses for courses. :lol

But.. only one dog was a poodle. :huh :lol

The other two were MEAN!!! One was a Pitbull, & the other a Mastiff or something. You don't remember that?

If you didn't like the sequence, no worries.

Btw - I really disliked the Abomination design / Tim Roth in the 2008 film. I actually held off from buying TIH for ages after watching it once. I eventually bought it, but now I want to sell it. Not a fan.

There you go I guess.. horses for courses. :lol

Actually, I've been trying to forget the entire nightmare Lee had thrown at us. Maulfan hit the nail on the head with what he said.

I grew up reading Hulk comics and watching the TV series. When a big budget feature film was announced, I was thrilled! Especially after the successes of X-Men and Spider Man.

But when Lee put that crap out, I was thoroughly sick to my stomach, as were many other fans. It ranks as one of the biggest disappointing films I have ever seen.... That and the 1998 Godzilla (Gino) crap fest! Both of those films got the "WTF" award in my book!

Thank god the Avengers finally came along! Marvel was finally able to restore my faith in the film character once more. The TIH also had it flaws, but at least it was watchable.

I enjoy them all, just like some less.

My favorites ranked are:

1. The Incredible Hulk 2008
2. The Incredible Hulk TV Series (Bixby/Ferrigno)
3. The Incredible Hulk Cartoon (1995)
4. The Incredible Hulk Cartoon (1982)
5. Hulk

Since Avengers isn't just Hulk, I consider it separate but I couldn't get enough of him, his screen time was too quick and short.

The new Hulk has been sensationally executed - the definitive Hulk going forward for sure. As someone earlier mentioned, the obvious inspiration taken from the Kirby / Buscema years is a master stroke.

Those comics defined Hulk the look of Hulk for me - as I'm sure many others here too.

It definitely pays to take influence from actual Hulk designs. While I really like Hulk 2008, neither 2003 or 2008 look like any particular Hulk design, but Avengers Hulk clearly takes pre-existing traits. As a kid, Hulk merchandise used Buscema art heavily so his Hulk and Ferrigno formed my images of Hulk, and I even feel the '82 and '95 cartoons have a Buscema feel. Personally I like Hulk where his head and body are fairly proportional, I feel like a lot of more recent Hulk designs give him massive bodies with tiny heads and even some very strange hair styles. I also prefer the simple story idea of Banner on the run trying to cure himself along the way, which is why I really like the old TV show, cartoons and TIH, they all had that, something Hulk lacked for me.

I guess it's like any character though - you can follow the general linear story, & be a fan of the classic designs, or enjoy other takes - or both.

I thought some of the 'Mr Fix It' art was cool, & the basic premise - to an extent. However, I always go back to the classic Hulk as a fan.

I'm a big fan of the 60s / 70s / 80s comic stuff generally anyway; from Spidey, to Hulk, to FF, to Batman etc. :)

I want my guy-from-chick-flick Hulk! :lurking

Aalxf.jpg

Back