1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man Mark V- REISSUE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after a few beers and champagne to ring in the new year, I'm thinking after getting mk1 and 1 2.0, mk 3, mk 6 plastic and diecast, mk 7 diecast, mk 50, m7 stealth, and have mk 85 BD on order, I may as well order this. I dont know, 2020 has been a long year :)

A few years back when this in the 47 were up for pre-order I had both on pre-order. However because of my financial situation at the time had to cancel both. I?m very glad I was able to get the 47 with The reissue and cannot wait to get this one. I have a full set of the Hot Toys hall of armor. However I missing a mark one a mark three and this. I would also like to upgrade my mark five to a diecast if they ever re-issue that. Re- shoes have never bothered me as I?ve always liked that it gives people a chance to own what they never could. I was a vintage transformer collector and honestly would prefer the reissues to the originals as I like the fact that they were complete and mint. This was from one of my favorite armors from the movies. One of the few marvel legends I bought of a movie figure.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain your position and I can certainly agree that some figures don't warrant a reissue and if you miss out then you miss out e.g. Yondu. As much as I would love to get hold of a Yondu without paying aftermarket prices I accept that he should never be reissued because he's simply not popular or iconic enough, or at least I doubt it.

I'm always in for a positive discussion. See you around the boards ;)

I have the plastic and the diecast Mk. V but I?m tempted to buy another! I just paid eBay price for a Mk. LXXXV because I like the headsculpt and I got all my money from from SSC for my PO.

Really hoping I can withstand the wait for Mk XXI. Might throw up Shanghai EX Mk. XXI GOLD CHROME for sale. Honestly, I?d rather just do a straight trade for either Blue Steel or Shades as those 2 were mislabeled during my move and didn?t make it :mad:

I can live with the wait for this...
going to lock him in at Sideshow once he's up for pre-order and just forget about it (and hope I don't snuff it).

[...]

My collection is not an investment but an escape from reality and real life.

[...]

In the end this should be about fun.

:exactly: That's one of the aspects I enjoy about collecting, for me just having these figures immerses me into a 'fantasy'. I vividly remember being awed by miniatures and small scale replicas, and collecting action figures sort of stokes the embers of that feeling. I guess that's why I'm so enthusiastic on this forum :)

Anyone else noticed the last sentence in the description said: “Pick up your Mark V diecast figure today. It’s the chance to show off your hall of armor collection.”

Mk. 1 diecast SOON/MMS 600? Also, does this mean that they were holding back stock, secretly producing these, a combination of both? Will HK see a shipment roll into SB in the next few days but then the rest of the world waits for PO’s?

This is strange for HT’s. I like it, announce, stock ready for primary markets, 1-2 months for other regions.

Anyone else noticed the last sentence in the description said: ?Pick up your Mark V diecast figure today. It?s the chance to show off your hall of armor collection.?

Mk. 1 diecast SOON/MMS 600? Also, does this mean that they were holding back stock, secretly producing these, a combination of both? Will HK see a shipment roll into SB in the next few days but then the rest of the world waits for PO?s?

This is strange for HT?s. I like it, announce, stock ready for primary markets, 1-2 months for other regions.

Per their website it says releasing Q2-Q3 2022 (Hong Kong). USA most likely will receive Q4 2022 to Q1 2023.

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=880

Mark I diecast at MMS600 hopefully or I pick up the 2.0 version and close the book on Hot Toys.

Per their website it says releasing Q2-Q3 2022 (Hong Kong). USA most likely will receive Q4 2022 to Q1 2023.

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=880

Mark I diecast at MMS600 hopefully or I pick up the 2.0 version and close the book on Hot Toys.

Yeah I didn’t notice the dates, makes sense they would consider a PO to be “picking up your figure today”.

Speaking of Mk. 1 2.0, I have lightly used one that I’m ready to let go.

Yeah I didn?t notice the dates, makes sense they would consider a PO to be ?picking up your figure today?.

Speaking of Mk. 1 2.0, I have lightly used one that I?m ready to let go.

If you dont sell it by the time mms600 rolls around and it is not Mark I diecast, I'm definitely interested:)

360 on SSC

SSC, just a fantastic company.

The link says ?Coming Soon?...

Check the link and it reads ?EST. Arrival: Apr 2022 - Jun 2022?.

1.5 years for a product that is not only a reissue but, and this is just a guess, but they were ramping up production for the IM NT 4.0 using the Mk. V as the base figure (probably with light red/pink Tron lines). Funny how NT 1.0 based on the boring IM Mk. IV armor sold well, so well that they pushed out the NT 2.0 based on the fantastic Mk. VI which didn?t sell even close to 1.0. Well they kept going because they had plans for those molds and that IM2 license and pushed out the 3.0 based on the incredible WM Mk. I figure which sold even less than the 2.0.

And I surmise that HT?s inability to quickly pivot (or even pivot in a timely manner) had them ramping up production for the IM NT 4.0 based on the final IM2 armor, the Mk. V. If they had cut their losses after the relative failure of the NT 2.0, perhaps the WM Mk. 1 would have been reissued already and the Mk. V reissue would have a 2021 release date at the latest. Of course this is mostly speculation and I?ve heard that the NT line is going to continue but I haven?t heard which suit will be used. I?d bet on Mk. 50, Mk. 46/47, WM Mk. VI or Mk. 42/43. Watch, this time next year and they announce the NT 4.0 using the Mk. III molds.:slap

SSC, just a fantastic company.

The link says ?Coming Soon?...

Check the link and it reads ?EST. Arrival: Apr 2022 - Jun 2022?.

1.5 years for a product that is not only a reissue but, and this is just a guess, but they were ramping up production for the IM NT 4.0 using the Mk. V as the base figure (probably with light red/pink Tron lines). Funny how NT 1.0 based on the boring IM Mk. IV armor sold well, so well that they pushed out the NT 2.0 based on the fantastic Mk. VI which didn?t sell even close to 1.0. Well they kept going because they had plans for those molds and that IM2 license and pushed out the 3.0 based on the incredible WM Mk. I figure which sold even less than the 2.0.

And I surmise that HT?s inability to quickly pivot (or even pivot in a timely manner) had them ramping up production for the IM NT 4.0 based on the final IM2 armor, the Mk. V. If they had cut their losses after the relative failure of the NT 2.0, perhaps the WM Mk. 1 would have been reissued already and the Mk. V reissue would have a 2021 release date at the latest. Of course this is mostly speculation and I?ve heard that the NT line is going to continue but I haven?t heard which suit will be used. I?d bet on Mk. 50, Mk. 46/47, WM Mk. VI or Mk. 42/43. Watch, this time next year and they announce the NT 4.0 using the Mk. III molds.:slap

Not sure where SS is getting their release information because on Hot Toys' website https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=880
this is to be released (Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2022) in Hong Kong. USA release likely Q4 2022 - Q1 2023.

Love the products Hot Toys puts out, but their business model and decisions they have made puzzle me.

Makes me happy I grabbed this bad boy when I did for just $325! :yess:

Not being snarky at all, but do you/or other collectors like a particular figure more or less based on the price you paid for it?

If you got a screaming deal on something do you like it more?

If you had to pay the after market prices do you like that figure less than if you got a deal on it?

I wouldn't necessarily take these dates at face value. HT has a habit of surprise dropping figures months early. It just happened again with the Mk.IV suit Spider-Man. Given that this is a re-issue at that, HT certainly still have all the molds for this suit, so that saves a ton of time. I would not be surprised if this figure drops later this year.

I wouldn't necessarily take these dates at face value. HT has a habit of surprise dropping figures months early. It just happened again with the Mk.IV suit Spider-Man. Given that this is a re-issue at that, HT certainly still have all the molds for this suit, so that saves a ton of time. I would not be surprised if this figure drops later this year.

That is true, but on the contrary their track record on what is released early versus what is pushed back/delayed has heavily favored the latter. Not to mention we are still in a Pandemic. Would I love stuff early, heck yes! But in the end who knows, all we can go by is what they tell us.

Back