1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man Mark V- REISSUE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man Mark V

Do they give these rereleases new MMS numbers? Maybe then it kinda merits this new thread.

The lack of diecast Mark 1 has been really weird. I figured they would have done it by now.

They must know I need 2 of them and I'm out haha.

If it's not announced by the time Mark 85 battle damaged is released I'll just pick up the 2.0 version and call it a day.

Justin has been saying this was supposed to be announced for atleast 2 years now.

How many versions of the MARK V are there?
I have the original version.
Wasn’t there one released with a battle damage Tony Stark head sculpt?

It could be a re-release Mark V. He mentioned earlier live on Instagram that he had some news for us tonight, that a lot of collectors are going to be upset/salty about.

I'd only be salty if they re-released it with an updated/accurate Tony portrait.

Maybe they're releasing it with a "newly developed head sculpt", aka the recalled Mark 85 one. People who missed out on the diecast Mark V the first time and want it now might get a bit salty over that. :lol

This is by far, without a doubt, the worst Iron Man suit in the MCU.

Do they give these rereleases new MMS numbers? Maybe then it kinda merits this new thread.

I think it keeps the same MMS. I believe the Spider-Man Homecoming XLVII original and reissue are MMS427
should be the same thing here.
don?t they just straight issue the exact same figure., just a continuation of the run basically...they do give them new SKUs though..

This is by far, without a doubt, the worst Iron Man suit in the MCU.
EZp3trWXQAEUD6N.jpg

I keed I keed. Definitely a memorable scene regardless of its short screen time. Though not my favorite suit, I'll be happy to have a little splash of different in my sea of red and gold iron men.

It's far from my favorite, but it does feature in one of the most thrilling sequences in any of the IM movies, which automatically makes it a whole lot cooler.

Although that said, as much as I regretted passing on this before, it's not something I'm really dying to spend $350 on now either...

I just tasted the tears of the resellers still trying to profit from the original release. Really salty. :p

When will this come out though? 2022/2023? Lol!

That is a super fast turnaround on a reissue. I hadn’t realized that the diecast V had gone up so much in value. You can’t blame HT for rereleasing. These are marketed as toys not collectibles. They aren’t numbered, signed or promoted as limited editions. I suppose the message here is if you have a HT figure that is skyrocketing in value, you can take a chance and sell it because a reissue could be around the corner. I don’t buy figures with the intent of selling for profit, so it’s not a big deal to me. The only problem I have with reissues is having to trade up due to improvements, but I can usually offset some or all of those costs by selling the figure as I keep everything in excellent condition. I have the 2.0 MKV so not sure if I will sell it and get the new one. Will need to look at what’s different.

Agree a MKI diecast is sorely overdue. I think it’s probably a much more complex figure and probably requires a lot of retooling vs. the later armor models. But I think it is coming. I remember when the MKI 1.0s were going for $1k+. I don’t know what the 2.0s are going for, but when there is a diecast announced it will nosedive in value.

Last edited:
Better get used to this, I doubt HT is going to slow the release of Iron Men even though there won't be more suit designs. Reissues and fantasy colorways ahoy

Maybe they're releasing it with a "newly developed head sculpt", aka the recalled Mark 85 one. People who missed out on the diecast Mark V the first time and want it now might get a bit salty over that. :lol

Glad to see it's the same inaccurate portrait, although using the dumped 85 sculpt would have been peak trolling by HT. :lol

I have no need for this as I've already owned this sucker for years now, but for those who don't...here's your chance!

Back