1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I never understood the whole " I have to have it first" mentality. Pay more than anybody else just to have it on the for sale section a month after, at a loss, no less.

But whatever.

Not the best idea, but like you said whatever:lol

:exactly: patience pays off

:exactly:

Though I have gone the ebay route twice on hot toys figures I couldn't wait to get, first was Last Stand Wolverine and recently the Silver Centurion, but its not a common practice of mine:monkey3

No issues waiting on this one. I like the armor and am excited to see this thing in my house. Take all the time you need to fix it there Howard.

Yeah, I never understood the whole " I have to have it first" mentality. Pay more than anybody else just to have it on the for sale section a month after, at a loss, no less.

But whatever.
I could be wrong , obviously, but I'm assuming it's so that they can get more views on their YouTube channels. At least partially.

I could be wrong , obviously, but I'm assuming it's so that they can get more views on their YouTube channels. At least partially.

Some, I guess. But you'd be surprised as to how many actually buy these things at Timcent prices just to have the first pics. I guess some members here do have a lot of money, but then again they end up selling it a month after for less money. So I'm not quite sure tbh.

Don't care either way, I was just giving an answer to your post.

This is the mentality. Some people are trying to make a career, or at least a little bit of supplemental income or discounts off product, off of YouTube reviews.

But if you're doing the 10th or 15th review of a figure, chances are you're only going to get several hundred views, if that. And there's no money in that.

I'm just taking a wild stab here, but if you're extremely careful and patient with the shoulders on the first batch of Mark XLIIs, you probably won't run into any problems. But why take the chance?

Varies.. Vintage toys for example, are more likely to attract peeps old enough to have nostalgia for toys they owned as kids.. I think there was a thread awhile back with an age vote at the top which indicated a bias towards the twenties and thirties age group amongst those who responded but that is not necessarily an accurate gauge.
Welcome to the forum.

Aw alright then :) haha thanks :)

I saw some reviews that recommended not putting the batteries in the Mark 42 figure because it could damage it, Does anyone know if this correct?

HOLD UP
i just saw on youtube a reviewer called SEAN LONG just received the mk42 die cast hot toys fig from sideshow!?!?! But on the site they're saying "expected to ship in august" and not shipping now! Anyone care to comment? :D cos i literally cheered when he pulled it out cos i thought they finally arrived but yeah

I don't think even Sean Long has this figure yet. He'd probably be one of the first to get Sideshow's shipment. Are you sure he wasn't referring to the Power Pose figure?

I don't think even Sean Long has this figure yet. He'd probably be one of the first to get Sideshow's shipment. Are you sure he wasn't referring to the Power Pose figure?

I just checked, he did an unboxing of the diecast mark 42 sent to him from sideshow yesterday

I saw some reviews that recommended not putting the batteries in the Mark 42 figure because it could damage it, Does anyone know if this correct?
I havent heard of anything like this, can you post a link to it?

Are you confusing this, with the advice not to leave the original batteries in Hot Toys Iron Man figures, because they have a tendency to leak?.. the last few Iron Man releases have had the batteries shipped in the box, but not fitted in the suit.. which should help solve that problem.

Remember to use the correct size, 'Precision' screwdriver and not over-tighten the screws as well.. some collectors have managed to strip battery cover, screw heads.

Well, he idolizes the hell out of everything he gets.

He shouldn't call what he does "reviews" as they are not objective at all. "Commercials" should be better suited for what he does. "Advertising", that sort of thing.

As much hate as the Clipper King gets, he's my favorite reviewer.

Well, he idolizes the hell out of everything he gets.

He shouldn't call what he does "reviews" as they are not objective at all. "Commercials" should be better suited for what he does. "Advertising", that sort of thing.

As much hate as the Clipper King gets, he's my favorite reviewer.

Should be called a showcase instead

Back