1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last 3 days I've had pictures of the XLII and Patriot figures as a screen saver on my computer at work.
I walked into my home theatre room and walked past the cabinets with the figures and stood there admiring my colection and then it hit me like a Truck, I never thought I would say this but my Irom man mark 1, 2, 4, 6, just looked bland and boring after looking at my screen saver of the XLII and Patriot. :eek:

WHAT THE !!!!!!!

I think Ive been brain washed...

:cuckoo: ....jk, I honestly want these for my setup, I can handle the new die cast Ironman figures and will be getting most of them since I never bought any of the plastic ones but I just can't phantom $800 for HoA.. Just can't..:dunno

I agree. HT could have made the prices for these a bit more reasonable and still move vast quantities of them.

Looks like I won't be getting them. I mean money isn't the issue but I already have a feeling that when I get them, I won't feel like it's justified the money I had to pay for them.

They look sweet all together and that's what I was hoping to do but I might just pick up 1. Can get 3 figures for 7 display boxes.

Who knows, it's either that or I look for an alternative, which might just be the Action TT stands.

Looks like I won't be getting them. I mean money isn't the issue but I already have a feeling that when I get them, I won't feel like it's justified the money I had to pay for them.

They look sweet all together and that's what I was hoping to do but I might just pick up 1. Can get 3 figures for 7 display boxes.

Who knows, it's either that or I look for an alternative, which might just be the Action TT stands.

That is how I feel.. If I bought it and had it in my hands and I'm starring at it, I know I'll be asking myself "I spent $800 on this"??? If you choose not to get them and later regret it don't curse my name lol

That is how I feel.. If I bought it and had it in my hands and I'm starring at it, I know I'll be asking myself "I spent $800 on this"??? If you choose not to get them and later regret it don't curse my name lol
:lol I won't..maybe

I've been thinking about it a lot and it's mainly because I already have it PO'd at AlterEgo so I already paid for the $40 NRD last year. Making the set $710 when it comes out so I'm debating. Doesn't AlterEgo get their shipment a month after Sideshow? That's what I'm hoping for so I have a extra month to think it over before canceling or keeping it.

Really wish Hot Toys gave a discount for buying all 7. Cheap b@stards. :stick

:lol it's not really much of a discount.

HoA will go down in price once IM3 HoA 2.0 comes out. :lol

Buying 7 individually equals $910 buying the 7 piece set equals $800, I'd say a saving of $110 is a pretty big discount, it basically works out to getting 1 for pretty much free.

That's using Sideshows pricing

Buying 7 individually equals $910 buying the 7 piece set equals $800, I'd say a saving of $110 is a pretty big discount, it basically works out to getting 1 for pretty much free.

That's using Sideshows pricing

Yeah I was going by AlterEgos pricing since it's already $70 cheaper for the HoA.

Already have my NRD down so it makes it $710 when it ships.

50/50 on if I should cancel it or not. What a delimna. :dunno

Yeah I was going by AlterEgos pricing since it's already $70 cheaper for the HoA.

Already have my NRD down so it makes it $710 when it ships.

50/50 on if I should cancel it or not. What a delimna. :dunno

Even at $710 I think the set of 7 HOA is over priced and it seems clear to me that Hot Toys is trying to cash in on the Iron Man hype with the new movie coming out and all. I think a fairer price for all seven would be at most $500. If they were metal and had magnetic bottoms or something for the figures then I could see possibly charging $700 but they are just plastic boxes with some decals and LED light up.

I really wanted them too because I think the set up would look fantastic but I can't justify the absurd price for them. Even the set of 4 is over priced imo. They just seem like a rip off to me for the price.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I know they're overpriced. It's nothing but a plastic LED box with a sticker pack.

Now imagine it being the Play Imaga HoA. Magnet bottom, LED and a remote control for 5 different lighting options. I would pay $700 for 7 of those.

Might just pick up 7 Action TT and make custom name plates and have it as Mark 1-7
$335 > $700

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I know they're overpriced. It's nothing but a plastic LED box with a sticker pack.

Now imagine it being the Play Imaga HoA. Magnet bottom, LED and a remote control for 5 different lighting options. I would pay $700 for 7 of those.

Might just pick up 7 Action TT and make custom name plates and have it as Mark 1-7
$335 > $700

Agreed. That would be much more in the money well spent category.

But surely, if price were no object, HoA is still better than some gimmicky stand.. ;)

:lol just making the dilemma more complicated than it already is..

Whom thinks that the HoA should have came as a complete set with dummy PowerPoser figures for the price point there asking, i mean i think its a waste of complete awesome figures to put them into a the HoA, just to have them standing up right not showing any of there cool poses seems a waste, but if they could have just made Power pose figures with it for , more people might be buying into this. I think i'd spend 1,000 for that with the added benefiet of having my other MMS mark's still out and about posed awesomely in all their glory.

But surely, if price were no object, HoA is still better than some gimmicky stand.. ;)

:lol just making the dilemma more complicated than it already is..

But that's not the argument! Damn you! :lol

I can have a million dollars and still think "Hey, these things are not worth what they charge for." I can buy these. Already have it PO'd but I'm debating if I should use that money towards other light up stands + snag another figure. Sounds more bang for your buck.

But yes, thanks for making it more complicated :panic::medic

This figure's headsculpt pretty much blows my mind. I already got the Tony Stark figure on preorder and I'm sure I'll get this one too. Long wait time sucks, but at least it gives me time to save enough money (poor student me, always broke).

Unfortunately, it seems like I'll have to pay ~310 unless I want to go through all the trouble with German customs... yuck.

Anyone want to translate?

46645_446330132117894_322713963_n.jpg

Back