1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You chose wisely.

Thank God
HG01.jpg

Give it a rest already, mam. Seriously! You're not going to convince anyone.

Convince anyone of what?.. Fact: we know ED209's rubber is rotting, because we have collectors from every market saying it does, and it's the same problem that occurred previously with the dome of the v.1 ..except worse.. plus Sideshow have extended some collectors' warranty terms to permit the return of faulty ED209s, purchased from them.. a sure sign of a genuine issue.

Compare that with the Mk42 situation, where we have a brand new shoulder articulation design and some collectors have reported problems, whereas other collectors have reported no problems and that the issue may be due to incorrect use of the new design, being inappropriately treated like the old design.
Its worth remembering on this issue, that some collectors were reporting loose hips and legs 'dropping off' the earlier diecast figures, simply because they had not read the manual ..and that was due to a new articulation design.

A considerable number of the anti-Mk42 posts here, have come from the self-styled 'Crusading', anti-diecast posse.. so, not exactly a purely objective point of view.. they dislike this figure, regardless of whether there is a QC problem or not, simply because it has diecast components.. which (inconveniently for them) are not the components that have been reported to break.

A recent anecdotal report suggests HT may have made a slight alteration to the shoulder design.. equally however, some collectors are convinced HT never fix QC problems.. If you want to hate on die-cast, be my guest.. but don't imply other collectors should validate that anecdotal opinion, or keep quiet.

This is a beautiful figure, absolutely stunning.
ED209 is rotting, after weeks.

Both are true and disconnected.

Both these realities can co-exist.

:rock

Saying that this figure is defective because of a few broken arms is as ridiculous as seeing a revised shoulder joint and denying anything was fixed.

Well looks like they revised it for the second batch. Instead of two plastic rings they made it into one solid ring instead. Should help with the pressure that's being put to the joint.

10547508_688243551259883_3327181621841589264_n.jpg

Ok heres another shot more or less the same but i decided to use this guy as my test, been wanting to add a black background to my detolf for a while as the warm dioders mixed with my cream walls was always overpowering so tested black background on one cube to see how it looked and photographed.

I think it looks pretty good

oh and i suppose the MK 42 is alright aswell ;) lol

DSC_01903.jpg

That looks amazing! So glad I ordered this.

Well looks like they revised it for the second batch. Instead of two plastic rings they made it into one solid ring instead. Should help with the pressure that's being put to the joint.

10547508_688243551259883_3327181621841589264_n.jpg

Glad to see this, I was worried about this figure because of that issue, now I feel better about my PO.

Thanks for posting:)

well if they did fix the shoulder joint, that would imply there was a defect...

Agreed ..however it would also imply that Hot Toys fixed it, which some peeps have stated is unpossible in this space time continuum.. So: yes there was a problem and HT fixed it.. or no, there was not a problem and HT didn't fix it.. or, there was a limited problem, Howard flipped everyone the bird and collectors are being more careful with the new articulation.. or any combination of these three.
:dunno

its seriously that bad?

If I owned an ED209, I would be very tempted to focus a time delay camera (with a macro lens) on the hood for a few weeks, in the corner of a room.. then post the resulting video on YouTube and Hot Toy's Facebook page.

..would that be expensive, high quality, plastic parts breaking off? :wink1:

No, it would be yet another example of HT low QC standards. Which it appears are getting lower... the point which you appear to be ignoring.

Nothing to do with the figure being gimmicky diecast or not. Even reasonable quality plastic you should have to try and break. These are just overly fragile, and poor design/QC, despite the walls of text you are hammering out to desperately try and convince yourself otherwise. "It's not going to happen to me...."

The continuing lack of QC (and dare I say increasing in frequency) is what I'm pissed about, despite whatever positions you may wish to invent for me.

Back