1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the color of it will be as different as those pics make it seem.
uploadfromtaptalk1427194492717.jpg

I hope it is a noticeably different color, Budget stark says it is... I'm really liking the blueish tint.
If they make a 1/6th for the AoU line i'll be getting it anyway, especially if it's battle damaged... I already committed to the entire line, can't back down now. :blissy

I hope it is a noticeably different color, Budget stark says it is... I'm really liking the blueish tint.
If they make a 1/6th for the AoU line i'll be getting it anyway, especially if it's battle damaged... I already committed to the entire line, can't back down now. :blissy
:yess: :rock

I'd say the blueish tint is from either the lighting or post work. The bases are normally black and in those promo photos they too have a blue tint.

It does appear to have a darker tone in Budget Starks video. I'm guessing this will be one of those figures that you need to see in person to appreciate it fully. It already makes the IM3 War Machine look bland.

I like that there's no red around the RT and eyes now. Does WM even have a chest RT or is that just the Arc Reactor?

I think if they do decide to do another repaint for the AoU War Machine diecast figure, I'll be passing on it. A slightly different shade of grey & number/letter tag just don't warrant the price tag, need something more than that..., shame though as I'd have been down for it if it'd got more than a new coat of paint. :(

If it looks like that bust I think the slight color change and the armor wear will make it look better than the IM3 version but I'm worried about price, especially compared the the IM3 version being cheap on the aftermarket.

With any luck it will not be diecast.. and therefore (possibly) slightly cheaper.. wait.. who am I kidding....

Or they may just repackage him with an AOU box and sell the same figure...they have done that in the past...

They already displayed stands indicating 10 figures in the line...there may not be another WM...which would help this figure sell on the secondary market...

It's possible HT would release AoU WM and provide a helmeted Cheadle HS to sweeten the deal (basically a re-paint of the IP HS). Or they could skip the AoU release and just do this as a fair exclusive this summer. Certainly the slower sales pace of the IM3 Mk2 isn't encouraging for HT, but they may also take into consideration that suit wasn't even in the film. If Rhodes does suit up in AoU, that should make a re-release worth considering. With the release of the busts, it seems pretty imminent that HT will re-release the Mk2 in some form or another.

Or they may just repackage him with an AOU box and sell the same figure...they have done that in the past...

They already displayed stands indicating 10 figures in the line...there may not be another WM...which would help this figure sell on the secondary market...

I'm still fairly sure that stand picture was only a teaser, they will more than likely have more than 10 figures in this line.

I think if they do decide to do another repaint for the AoU War Machine diecast figure, I'll be passing on it. A slightly different shade of grey & number/letter tag just don't warrant the price tag, need something more than that..., shame though as I'd have been down for it if it'd got more than a new coat of paint. :(

It needs a major weapons upgrade and battle damage parts, maybe a Rhodey HS as well, if they do that I'm definitely going to PO, if not I'll get the MK II instead.

It needs a major weapons upgrade and battle damage parts, maybe a Rhodey HS as well, if they do that I'm definitely going to PO, if not I'll get the MK II instead.

Definitely needs some decent swap out parts or accessories of some sort to make it worthy of consideration. :)

Back