1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - Nebula Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought so too but it appears to be just a low cut at the joint for the opening.

You can see it here that it’s still a separate head and neck piece just like the previous Nebula figure. They just try to hide it in the photos. You can also tell by the way the head tilts at the top of the neck rather than the base of the neck in a lot of the pics

View attachment 644924
Weird. I don’t think they’ve ever cut a neck that low before. Hard to even imagine what that looks like.

Weird. I don’t think they’ve ever cut a neck that low before. Hard to even imagine what that looks like.
Yea, unless it's two different prototypes, one with neck, one without. I think early photos of the 89 Batman 2.0 showed the old cowl sculpt with panel on the back of the head for the back of the head pic as well as the old cape before they updated the photos with the with the newer cowl sculpt that doesn't have a panel at the back of the head.

Or, they could've just photoshopped the seam out for those shots of the back of her head.

IMG_9259.jpeg

Yea, unless it's two different prototypes, one with neck, one without. I think early photos of the 89 Batman 2.0 showed the old cowl sculpt with panel on the back of the head for the back of the head pic as well as the old cape before they updated the photos with the with the newer cowl sculpt that doesn't have a panel at the back of the head.

Or, they could've just photoshopped the seam out for those shots of the back of her head.
Now that there's some on-display images, you were correct that there is very clearly a seam separating the neck from the head. But, it's well above the collar so there's no way those promotional images from the back of the figure where the neck and head appear as one continuous piece could be the same prototype.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 9.35.45 AM.png

The Nebula Ravenger suit is better, but it does bring too much red to the shelf with Star-Lord (and Drax's tattoos if you have him).

This blue uniform at least adds a new color to the shelf. I wish it was as form-fitting as the Ravenger outfit. The Ravenger get-up just looks cooler.

The other thing I don't like is that her blue head gets kind of lost on the blue uniform.

For me, this new figure only works if you're such a fan of vol 3 that you want the entire team on your shelf all matching. I'm not one of those fans.

I was expecting they'd do the swap-out arm accessories but wasn't expecting her cool jetpack. Facial expression feels pretty somber though which is an odd choice.

She's up at Sideshow for $285, $20 more than Star-Lord. I guess jetpacks are worth more than rolling eyes.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-nebula-hot-toys-912446

Well I kinda get that vibe from her in some of the movies, so it works for me :lol

But her eyes are almost entirely black. They probably didn’t think there would be much gained in pose-able black eyes. Probably goes the same for Mantis. They’ll more or less look the same with very minimal to be gained from eyes looking in a different direction.

Yep I like to think that’s the primary reason she wasn’t given the rolling eyes feature. To quote @Spanbauer from another thread:

What I'd really love is two sculpts for Nebula so we can have one with a screaming/attack expression, especially since movable eyes seems like it'd be lost on her.

View attachment 640127

tumblr-3bbaba0998b2f86b2ca291f6dc93e22d-bfc86a58-540-gif.gif
:lol

Tough crowd, I think this looks killer. I’ll PO the whole line as soon as they put up a Drax.

Is this the first seamless female sculpt that Hot Toys has ever done? Also looks like they fixed the overly long torso and saggy left shoulder from the first Nebula figure.

Unless there are others I’m not aware of, I think the only seamless female sculpt would be the EG Captain Marvel.

Now that there's some on-display images, you were correct that there is very clearly a seam separating the neck from the head. But, it's well above the collar so there's no way those promotional images from the back of the figure where the neck and head appear as one continuous piece could be the same prototype.

View attachment 645076
So they might’ve just photoshopped it out then for those back images.

Isn't this the same headsculpt from the Nebula Endgame figure without the plating portion on the eyes?

nebula__gallery_5ca795764a817.jpg

Maybe, but to my knowledge that's not something they've ever done in the past.
The Stealth Cap/Steve Rogers two-pack from TWS would like to have a word... the promo images photoshopped out the neck seam on the Steve Rogers head sculpt, and I recall the prototype having a visible seam since that was the norm for Cap figures up until that point (of course, the final release had no neck seam).

The Stealth Cap/Steve Rogers two-pack from TWS would like to have a word... the promo images photoshopped out the neck seam on the Steve Rogers head sculpt, and I recall the prototype having a visible seam since that was the norm for Cap figures up until that point (of course, the final release had no neck seam).
Interesting, I didn’t know that. But you’re saying the final product ultimately matched the photoshopped promotional images, so it wasn’t false advertising?

Interesting, I didn’t know that. But you’re saying the final product ultimately matched the photoshopped promotional images, so it wasn’t false advertising?
Correct, it was false advertising compared to the prototype, but accurate for the final product. From what I recall, it was just weird to see HT do that (like they were trying to hide something), and then they actually delivered on the photoshop edit.

Back