1/6 Hot Toys - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi -Han Solo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROTJ Luke and Mando Luke weren’t on order at the same time. I know because I bought both and hated myself for it. The ROTJ Luke was just too inferior to the Mando one.

I forgot about Endor Luke. That might have been up with the other two, you might be right. So maybe my logic does go out the window then. I just wouldn’t put it past Hot Toys to try and maximize on sales here.
Endor Luke (also comes in a Deluxe edition) did come out right after RotJ Luke.

One’s not better than the other just different. Tailoring on the outfits is also different, Endor Luke’s shirt is way smaller.

ROTJ Luke dropped in 2018
Endor Luke dropped in 2019 (Nov so almost 2020)
Pilot Luke PO in 2020 (dropped in 2022)
Mando Luke PO in 2021

So yes, in a 3 year window there were 4 Lukes available for PO or available for purchase. Saturated with Lukes during that time.

I don't think they'll saturate with Ford... but one more, a Bespin Han, yes. But granted, based on the above, likely not until next year.

Last edited:
Endor Luke (also comes in a Deluxe edition) did come out right after RotJ Luke.

One’s not better than the other just different. Tailoring on the outfits is also different, Endor Luke’s shirt is way smaller.
I was exclusively talking about ROTJ Luke and Mando Luke in my post. I hate that ROTJ Luke. The Mando one is much nicer all around.

I was exclusively talking about ROTJ Luke and Mando Luke in my post. I hate that ROTJ Luke. The Mando one is much nicer all around.
Sorry for misunderstanding your post. I don’t think they are comparable. I have all but the ANH Luke (if that one is even suppose to be Mark Hamill), and they are all great. I especially like the Endor one with the two expressions and the RotJ one. Mando one is great too, but it’s Luke from a different era, with a more confident expression. They are just different to me and one’s not better than the other in a one to one comparison.

Wow finally! I think the face sculpt looks fantastic. The hair is a bit helmet-y. But I'm just happy we're finally getting him. I already preordered.

To me $290 seems like a decent price. Considering that we haven’t gotten a new Han for a long time I’m willing to fork out for this figure. Plus overall the figure is pretty good aside from the hair.

that hair is a little too much for my liking
Yeah the headsculpt has a bit of a "DMV picture of Han living in trailer in South Florida 8 years after events of ROTJ" look but I'll take it.

Simply can't believe this popped up after all the disappointment around the 40th last year. I guess it wasn't ready in time.

After all of these years of disappointment, I’m happy. Is it perfect, absolutely not. I think it needs work. I’d hit toys can tweak RDJ iron man sculpts, no reason they can’t do it for han. Hell, for those of us that were there for the anh han, it’s a completely different production sculpt for the original prototype.
Even if they don’t fix it, it’s good enough for me. I had a solo size hole in my collection and my heart due to no Han (especially when axe woves got a figure).
Without any real blockbuster movies or shows on the horizon, hot toys might have dip more into ot/pt. Maybe another leia or chewie, maybe general lando to squeeze a few bucks out of the lando sculpt. Maybe even release the beloved Death Star trooper? I kid, they aren’t that desperate.

He has a nice freshly showered/combed look.

F8dM.gif

scuplt looks fine but the hair straight outta a head n shoulders commercial kills it for me. Put a younger sculpt in Hoth coat and insta purchase

I really don't think the hair is that all out of line with how it looked then and with HT's sculpts. They usually give RDJ big hair for Tony sculpts.

Back