1/6 Hot Toys - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi -Han Solo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be glad to have another Han in the collection to balance out my display of core characters across the OT.

He’s currently only represented by the ANH figure and the Sideshow Han in Carbonite. Technically I have the Stormtrooper Han too but I have it displayed as just a Stormtrooper at the moment.

Whoooo they gonna want the earth for this.

For those complaining about the base, perhaps you'd prefer that sand footprint base, or that grey "floor" base all the clones come with.
Actually truth be told I have no problem with the gray “floor” bases. Nice and simple. I might actually find a spare to use for this Han.

Hera, Sabine and Thrawn all come with the usual rectangular bases, which is nice and uniform.

Then they gave Ahsoka something completely different.

I don't know what goes through their minds during Hot Toys' planning meetings.

I dislike any podium style stand that isolates a figure instead of allowing them to blend in with their associates.

DoD Indy is an exception as the rope bridge is a dedicated diorama.

Very cool to see this announced. Of course, I think everyone's still waiting for Bespin Han, but maybe HT knows that. Sculpt looks fine from some angles, a bit off from others. Hair looks too neat, and too flat, probably because they made it removable so we can move the eyes?

So we can at least confirm ESB Han is completely doable... If imagine he comes later in the year, deluxe option with a Carbonite block? Would have been cool if this one had a deluxe Jabbas Palace look, sweaty shirt, maybe wet hair and cuffs?

Based on HT's recent behavior, maybe they got wind that Inart was planning to go after this license and wanted to pre-empt them. I love market competition.
There's no way Inart gets this license, brand new, barely proven company that's 2-3X the cost, talk about isolating a fan base...

This looks closer to Bespin Han than Endor, to my eyes. Bespin had the crisp white shirt and Endor shirt is supposed to be off-white, kinda tan?

Pretty sure all you need is the blue jacket.
Yeah they really need to fix the shirt color. It was definitely not white in that movie.

4k-swreturnjedi-starwarsscreencaps.com-8975_1_1.jpg

Was going to say the forehead wrinkle was too much but I think production will smooth it out with the details getting lost through the process. Hair does need to be adjusted though.
Hera, Sabine and Thrawn all come with the usual rectangular bases, which is nice and uniform.

Then they gave Ahsoka something completely different.

I don't know what goes through their minds during Hot Toys' planning meetings.

I dislike any podium style stand that isolates a figure instead of allowing them to blend in with their associates.

DoD Indy is an exception as the rope bridge is a dedicated diorama.
Not to mention, the base center is completely out of place by the metal design of the rest surrounding it. Usually you have Hot Toys making the entire base be a small section of whatever environment it's in. Here they just slapped a small cut out of it inside the middle of another one. Really odd.

gSmPboL.png

tgdeB9e.png

Was going to say the forehead wrinkle was too much but I think production will smooth it out with the details getting lost through the process. Hair does need to be adjusted though.

Not to mention, the base center is completely out of place by the metal design of the rest surrounding it. Usually you have Hot Toys making the entire base be a small section of whatever environment it's in. Here they just slapped a small cut out of it inside the middle of another one. Really odd.

gSmPboL.png

tgdeB9e.png

It is odd. The cog and the riser also bear no relation to Endor, and the diorama doesn't even cover the complete surface.

Looks as though he's stood on a badly disguised access hatch to an underground Imperial bunker. Wonder if it comes apart, so the diorama can be removed entirely so it could be incorporated elsewhere?

Well damn. HT finally do another OT Han and I just don't give a ****. I feel no excitement looking at this. I guess I really don't give a crap about Star Wars anymore. The end of a 40 year love.
I am happy though for other collectors that have wanted for this for so long. Congratulations guys, it was a long wait.

I’m very excited about this! I actually can’t believe it’s finally happening.

Like others, I hate the new bases and wish they would have just did one that matches the other Endor figures.

Definitely getting a rectangle base to replace this base. As others have said, they could've done the standard base with an optional add on environment piece like Snowspeeder Luke, Yoda and others... Nonetheless, instant PO.

Back