1/6 Hot Toys - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padmé Amidala

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is an 8 out of 10. Anakin is a 10 out of 10. No brainer if getting one, to get the other.

One question: Are people still pre-ordering Hot Toys figures? Unless a truly limited edition, I don't see the point with Hot Toys.
I don't PO anymore unless it's an exclusive I actually want. Otherwise I wait it out. Sometimes will put in an order when it actually comes available or I'll wait even longer to get discounts/coupons/use RPs.

She is an 8 out of 10. Anakin is a 10 out of 10. No brainer if getting one, to get the other.

One question: Are people still pre-ordering Hot Toys figures? Unless a truly limited edition, I don't see the point with Hot Toys.
If you don’t want to buy from Sideshow, you kind of have to pre-order. Kit only takes orders for a month or so and Timewalker, Monkey Depot, etc tend to sell out their allotment before release.

I have like $165 in rewards so I’ll burn them on either Padme or Windu but otherwise I’m ordering from Kit, so I have to pre-order.

Looking at all the holiday sales this year, it's pretty clear that whenever this is released, it will be available for quite some time
I’m not entirely sure that’s accurate. Production runs got absolutely massive during the pandemic because more people were home and had money to burn on this type of stuff. Now that people are back to normal life, production runs are getting smaller again and that’s why we see stuff selling out in the pre-order phase. I doubt these sales will go on once all this Mandalorian stock gets cleared out.

I’m not entirely sure that’s accurate. Production runs got absolutely massive during the pandemic because more people were home and had money to burn on this type of stuff. Now that people are back to normal life, production runs are getting smaller again and that’s why we see stuff selling out in the pre-order phase. I doubt these sales will go on once all this Mandalorian stock gets cleared out.

100% agree. There's many figure lines out there sitting on shelves where they overproduced based on people just preordering everything (I can't say I had any better restraint haha), I definitely think we'll see things sell out again and they'll be tighter on production.

I’m easily going to get both Padme and Anakin. Padme is the bigger priority since it’s her first figure, but I feel like the new version of Anakin looks outstanding and pairs so well with this figure that I need them both.

damn, the movie isn't my favorite but there's so much nostalgia from the PT I may bite. Anakin more likely, but Padme looks great. I would prefer to have her battle damaged look (ripped shirt and chain around her wrist)

choombaz going through this thread:

1670965516298.gif

The sculpt definitely looks better from some angles. Can’t believe they are finally offering her tbh and will have to buy it.
I agree she looks a bit older than she did in the film but it will look amazing in your collection

If you don’t want to buy from Sideshow, you kind of have to pre-order. Kit only takes orders for a month or so and Timewalker, Monkey Depot, etc tend to sell out their allotment before release.

I have like $165 in rewards so I’ll burn them on either Padme or Windu but otherwise I’m ordering from Kit, so I have to pre-order.

Good point if Sideshow is not an option.

There are lots of retailers that have stock when the figures come out. Toys Buying Agent are great at having stock when the figures get released and often drops prices if they are not pushing items out.

Only when I have coupons or RPs to use, which usually was the case over the pandemic lol, but I used all my RP on the AT-RT.

I think a lot of these post pandemic figures will have a smaller production run though. Figures like IG-11 and Lando have been in-stock for over a year, (with a few more approaching that year mark) which is crazy to think about.

Good point if Sideshow is not an option.
Sideshow is definitely still an option - I might buy the Kenobi Vader from them, but I'd prefer not to give them a sale these days unless I kind of need to. For things I definitely want, like Padme, I'd much rather go through Kit. Shipping built into the price and not extorted when the figure comes in, and certainly a more ethical business than Sideshow these days.

Back