1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I remember liking Spacehunter as well. It was strange to later revisit it as an adult and go "wait Michael Ironside was in this?? Molly Ringwald???" since I had no idea who they were when I first saw it, lol.
In 3D!

Space like you’ve never seen it before lol

Maybe it’s just me, but my thought on this (and up to now I thought I was not alone) was that Luke at the end of the Mandalorian S2 finale looked pretty awesome as a still image. It was just that when we spoke and moved his head, he looked very robotic and odd. In other words, it was never my impression that many people thought this didn’t look like Luke, it was just so obviously a computer rendering and not a human being’s face.

So with that premise, I think the sculpt of this figure is extremely good, and is easily the best Luke sculpt we’ve gotten to date. I think it’s just such a good representation of Mando Luke that it’s causing people to recall the entire experience of seeing Luke in the finale (mechanical movement and all) that they are viscerally rejecting the sculpt on an emotional level. That’s my psychological evaluation for the day, LOL!

Anyway, I maintain that the sculpt is great, bu the hairpiece needs work. One more (hopefully) improved image:

670575FE03A14F798DBB.jpeg

E7CB39C624C94F79AD4F.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the way.

Many tried to emulate Star Wars, as with Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century or Flash Gordon (1980), but nobody could match it.

A lightning in a bottle moment for Lucas. He couldn't even match it when he made his Prequel Trilogy.

The sci-fi films of that period that did leave a lasting impact (and weren't from the already established Star Trek) came at it from a different angle, such as Alien, Blade Runner or Mad Max.

There's one film in the Star Wars mould that I still have a soft spot for - Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone. It was more Star Wars meets Mad Max though.

Don't forget...

5fN2cz5wsGcnZQwpX3f7KJ2szrC.jpg

Battle+Beyond+the+Stars+poster.jpg

First PERS system that I've seen on normal eyes that look good.

Usually they get sunken in and require black eye make-up like Batman or Sparrow to look right.
I dunno, Asmus Gandalf prototype looked good, then that horrifying sculpt came out in final production.

BBTS is notable for its James Cameron, John Sayles and James Horner beginnings.

John Sayles was already a writer director at that point wasn’t he? I wouldn’t say it was beginnings for him. Fair enough for Cameron and Horner though.

BBTS is notable for its James Cameron, John Sayles and James Horner beginnings.
Interesting. I just looked it up & saw it was released in the Fall of 1980, which was the start of my junior year of college. My excuse for not knowing it is I was too preoccupied with studying and exploring my girlfriend's body - not necessarily in that order.

Back