1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
completely different outfit, new hs, and extremely stylish black cloak...yes you're definitely NEED this Mando Luke.
Not to mention super sexy PERS that look straight into your soul, killer backdrop and a Grogu that can do the "hand thingy" pose.

Last edited:
Can anyone clarify whether both versions have the moveable pers eyes? Or is it just the one with the damaged robot that has the moving eyes?

Thinking of jumping on the pre order for this. Dont have a hot toys Luke. Just the original sideshow ROTJ luke from way way back.

Can anyone clarify whether both versions have the moveable pers eyes? Or is it just the one with the damaged robot that has the moving eyes?

Thinking of jumping on the pre order for this. Dont have a hot toys Luke. Just the original sideshow ROTJ luke from way way back.

The sculpts are identical in both versions.

They do, they’re both a DX. It’s the exact same sculpt.

Jedi sculpt always sucked. It was fun seeing so many particular people talking themselves into liking it though. It's one of the most entertaining parts of this hobby.

I guess I'm one of those talking themselves into liking it, but compared to what else has been on the 1:6 market, I still think the ROTJ is/was the best Hamill likeness so far.
Don't get me wrong, there's certainly still a huge amount of improvement possible and it's a sculpt I'd like to replace some day. I'm still undecided whether this sculpt actually achieves that, though. In the official shots, some of the angles make this look really good, certainly better than the ROTJ version. But those convention shots/videos look more like some mid-twenties smooth-skinned youngster to me. Looking at actual ROTJ shots of Hamill and not some idealized mental image we might have in our minds, Hamill already had quite a rough and asymmetrical face that this sculpt does not capture IMO. So I guess it feels more like a lateral step to me (improving some things, messing up others) than a clear and vast improvement.

Having said that, I'm still hovering with my mouse over the pre-order button. :lol I want to see this sculpt in person, and I love poseable eyes in my figures. I just hope I could make the ROTJ hair work on this, or some customizer steps up to offer it, because I only need one Luke in my collection, and it's ROTJ.

I guess I'm one of those talking themselves into liking it, but compared to what else has been on the 1:6 market, I still think the ROTJ is/was the best Hamill likeness so far.
Don't get me wrong, there's certainly still a huge amount of improvement possible and it's a sculpt I'd like to replace some day. I'm still undecided whether this sculpt actually achieves that, though. In the official shots, some of the angles make this look really good, certainly better than the ROTJ version. But those convention shots/videos look more like some mid-twenties smooth-skinned youngster to me. Looking at actual ROTJ shots of Hamill and not some idealized mental image we might have in our minds, Hamill already had quite a rough and asymmetrical face that this sculpt does not capture IMO. So I guess it feels more like a lateral step to me (improving some things, messing up others) than a clear and vast improvement.

Having said that, I'm still hovering with my mouse over the pre-order button. :lol I want to see this sculpt in person, and I love poseable eyes in my figures. I just hope I could make the ROTJ hair work on this, or some customizer steps up to offer it, because I only need one Luke in my collection, and it's ROTJ.
Yeah there may be issues - the mouth has that pert-agape look and slightly wonky teeth placement (the "snarling" Endor version took that up to train-wreck proportions) but I have no ****ing clue what the hell people are talking about with the likeness on the HT ROTJ LUke. :lol It's not just instantly identifiable as OT-era MH but as ROTJ-era MH.

The subjectivity involved with preference for sculpts is fascinating - where some see it, others don't. I never to this day understand the deep love some people had for the non-BD HT Bespin Luke. I have two of that head and from certain angles it hits but it's really not strong with the Hamill. At all. The BD Bespin, as scene specific and extreme as it is, is stellar likeness-wise.

The new Mando Luke sculpt is great but has a couple of weaker angles, though has the closed-mouth that really needs to be the go-to choice for HT (to be fair Hamill does do the slightly agape look a lot in the OT, so I see why they tried.)

I agree it's a lateral step Mando vs ROTJ sculpts - to me they are about equal in likeness but the new sculpt will have slightly better apps (though the ROTJ version has pretty stellar apps) and the more desirable closed mouth. Yet it's got some CGI-uncanny valley vibes, the super-funky Rob Lowe/Toy Story Ken hair (unlikely if it will be swappable with the ROTJ hair, despite what people are assuming) and a 3/4 angle that's not quite as strong likeness-wise.

Last edited:
The subjectivity involved with preference for sculpts is fascinating - where some see it, others don't. I never to this day understand the deep love some people had for the non-BD HT Bespin Luke. I have two of that head and from certain angles it hits but it's really not strong with the Hamill. At all. The BD Bespin, as scene specific and extreme as it is, is stellar likeness-wise.

Fully agreed with the Bespin sculpt. I got that sculpt parted out back then for a custom ROTJ Luke. That didn't last long in my collection and I sold off the entire figure due to lack of better options at the time.

I love the blackhole as an adult!
Same here. I was nine when it came out. Loved it ever since. I've tried to collect every version of V.I.N.CENT, and Maximilian that I can find. My wallet would scream if anyone ever made 1/6 scale versions of the characters from that movie.

I've always wanted a model of the Palomino, but I've never found one.

Jedi sculpt always sucked. It was fun seeing so many particular people talking themselves into liking it though. It's one of the most entertaining parts of this hobby.

Almost as much fun as watching people trashing a perfectly good sculpt when a newer version comes along!

As with many crappy Sci-Fi films, I liked the ship in "The Black Hole" (U.S.S. Cygnus) but the film was meh.

I think I saw BBTS "once" and thought it was crap, never to be seen again.

Erin Gray saved "Buck Rogers" for me... ;)

Back