1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our school had a book club catalogue, and I remember buying The Black Hole novelisation. It happened to be written by Alan Dean Foster who, of course, also wrote the Star Wars novelisation.

Saw the film in the cinema and still have the 3 3/4" Mego figures.

As an adult it looks a bit creaky now, but there's still something of the impression it left on me as a child. The ending is still freaky, and feels like it comes out of nowhere every time I've watched the film.

Last edited:
Faaaaarrrk. The new Star Wars tv license hasn’t really interested me all that much until the luke Skywalker cameo. And now this hot toys release.

something about OG CGI young luke with black menacing cloak. This might pull me in!!!

1979 Disney answer to SW was TBH.

2012 Disney buys SW.

If you can’t beat them you buy them lol

This is the way.

Many tried to emulate Star Wars, as with Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century or Flash Gordon (1980), but nobody could match it.

A lightning in a bottle moment for Lucas. He couldn't even match it when he made his Prequel Trilogy.

The sci-fi films of that period that did leave a lasting impact (and weren't from the already established Star Trek) came at it from a different angle, such as Alien, Blade Runner or Mad Max.

There's one film in the Star Wars mould that I still have a soft spot for - Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone. It was more Star Wars meets Mad Max though.

Pre-ordered him from UK seller today. I’ve gone with Hong Kong sellers for the last few but price was really close this time so figured I’d stay closer to home.

Just the standard version for me, the Dark Trooper is cool but not really something I’d display so a rare chance to save a little money after I decided to get the throne version of Boba Fett. Definitely the figure I wanted most from season 2 and probably my most anticipated release for next year.

Who did you order from? I usually go with Planet Action Figures but Comics and Cocktails have this guy about £20 cheaper.
I used to get my Hot Toys from Kapow Toys but I think they've decided to stop doing HT preorders due to the muhassive delays for UK stock.

Just did the same with the Deluxe. Price was actually £7 less than KGH with their shipping estimate. Regular was £1 less.

TNS' price will likely be lower, but at the moment I'm happier ordering locally.

Yeah, I was amazed at the pricing on these!

Who did you order from? I usually go with Planet Action Figures but Comics and Cocktails have this guy about £20 cheaper.
I used to get my Hot Toys from Kapow Toys but I think they've decided to stop doing HT preorders due to the muhassive delays for UK stock.

Planet Action Figures but via the One Sixth Paradise group on Facebook where they offer lower prices to group members (free to join, no obligations, well worth it).

Genuine question, why buy from UK retailers when you seem to end up paying about the same price as Sideshow anyway? Plus you’d get it way sooner from Sideshow/HK.

Genuine question, why buy from UK retailers when you seem to end up paying about the same price as Sideshow anyway? Plus you’d get it way sooner from Sideshow/HK.

Just using regular Mando Luke as an example I'm paying £239 from a UK seller including shipping. Sideshow is £211 but we have to add 20% VAT to that so he comes out at about £252 and that's before shipping (and we'd get charged the 20% VAT on shipping too).

The Deluxe worked out about £60 cheaper from the UK, after estimating Sideshow's shipping and adding 20%.

SSC is still the cheapest option for me compared to buying locally. For example, v1 deluxe is 4975tl, 315usd in SSC. With 20% customs and 40usd shipping, it ends up 418usd total. Local price with free shipping is 570usd.
With SSC, I can use reward points, can get it faster, and replace parts hassle free. There are other international stores that I can get cheaper (not with a huge margin), but it doesn't worth the hassle of replacements. International shipping is expensive. SSC does not ask me to send the defective unit back which is a big bonus for me.

Hmm I see, whenever I’ve looked at UK retailers in the past its been about the same price.

One Sixth Paradise group aside I tend to find there's not normally much between buying from Sideshow or buying from UK sellers. It's why I've pre-ordered direct from Hong Kong sellers for a few recent pre-orders. But the OSP prices are really good and can be competitive with buying from Hong Kong, as they were here.

I remember watching The Black Hole for the first time in what was probably 1982. Rented it from the local family owned VHS store in one of those enormous white Disney clamshells, lol. I do admit to quite liking it (I was 8) mostly due to the robots and those super cool double barreled blasters they wielded. I think I then revisited it as an adult in maybe 2011 or so and for the life of me can barely remember it, lol. Though from what I can remember it did seem to drag.

There's one film in the Star Wars mould that I still have a soft spot for - Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone. It was more Star Wars meets Mad Max though.
Yes I remember liking Spacehunter as well. It was strange to later revisit it as an adult and go "wait Michael Ironside was in this?? Molly Ringwald???" since I had no idea who they were when I first saw it, lol.

Back