1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Sayles was already a writer director at that point wasn’t he? I wouldn’t say it was beginnings for him. Fair enough for Cameron and Horner though.

Sayles was up and coming. I mean, if he was established would he do this trash? The money he earned allowed him to do his first film.

I keep waiting for them to come out with the ultimate Grogu with full articulation and cloth soft goods. I do think it could be done.
I agree, but the plastic kinder egg Grogu's are too easy and cheap for HT to produce ... and we all know HT loves cheap.
tenor-4.gif

Sayles was up and coming. I mean, if he was established would he do this trash? The money he earned allowed him to do his first film.
Im just saying he had been in the business for several years already, had written multiple films including Pirahna and directed Return Of The Secaucus Seven before this trash came along lol.

Im just saying he had been in the business for several years already, had written multiple films including Pirahna and directed Return Of The Secaucus Seven before this trash came along lol.

That's not entirely correct. He was an author. Made his money writing for Corman (Pirahna, BBTS, etc) and I believe Return Of The Secaucus Seven came out the same year as Battle Beyond the Stars so they were made around the same time.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s just me, but my thought on this (and up to now I thought I was not alone) was that Luke at the end of the Mandalorian S2 finale looked pretty awesome as a still image. It was just that when we spoke and moved his head, he looked very robotic and odd. In other words, it was never my impression that many people thought this didn’t look like Luke, it was just so obviously a computer rendering and not a human being’s face.

So with that premise, I think the sculpt of this figure is extremely good, and is easily the best Luke sculpt we’ve gotten to date. I think it’s just such a good representation of Mando Luke that it’s causing people to recall the entire experience of seeing Luke in the finale (mechanical movement and all) that they are viscerally rejecting the sculpt on an emotional level. That’s my psychological evaluation for the day, LOL!

Anyway, I maintain that the sculpt is great, bu the hairpiece needs work. One more (hopefully) improved image:

670575FE03A14F798DBB.jpeg

E7CB39C624C94F79AD4F.jpeg
Call me crazy if you want, but how is this not the best Luke likeness ever! I sure hope they make the hair better.

This just makes me feel like the Deluxe ROTJ Luke should’ve been a DX (ugh) release with movable eyes, but that probably would’ve been even more upsetting for people who bought the previous versions.

I keep waiting for them to come out with the ultimate Grogu with full articulation and cloth soft goods. I do think it could be done.
Definitely!

Bandai did. an articulated 1/12 scale figure. A lot of people don't like it, but they did it.

They really just have to stop with the half measures and do a fully articulated Grogu already. The cuts look a little odd on that sculpted potato sack.
It really is pathetic at this point we will have to wait until 2024 for the fully articulated Grogu with S3 Mando v2.

Jedi sculpt always sucked. It was fun seeing so many particular people talking themselves into liking it though. It's one of the most entertaining parts of this hobby.
Unfortunately this comes with the Snowspeeder Luke!

Back