1/6 Hot Toys - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Doctor Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the movie yesterday, the only figures I would buy from this movie are Wong and the very first Strange suit we see - which would cheaper because there weren't many effects used.
I was never the fan of the red and black but I know a lot of people are. Honestly the other Strange I would like is Zombie Strange.

Excluding any Illuminati, at this moment I'm at:
  • Psycho Wanda
  • Defender Strange
  • Supreme Strange
Problem is, my paranoia is making me unsure. The way I see it, I need two Stranges and one Wanda if we go by necessities. My plan was to add a normal Strange with my Sorcerers (hence why I'm waiting to see his look from 3) and a black/red Strange with the Illuminati. The problem is, who's telling me they won't do a proper black/red Strange with a cape and everything in DS4 or whatever? Cumberbatch has said that he has no intentions of leaving any time soon, so unless they kick him out, there'll be many more looks. Supreme Strange is an OC too, so I never planned for it, but I find the design very cool.

Same goes for Wanda. Come on, we know she's not gone. I technically need one with my Sorcerers. I could offload one to an X-Men display, or have another in a Doom-centric display. Mostly I just want a proper Witch-y costume. No plastics, no pleather, no weird techy bits, just a proper Witch's costume. I do want to get this look too though, as it represents the culmination of her Darkhold/villain journey, and I find the dyed red hair, darker colours and such unique enough. Her AoU-MoM looks never did much for me; too plain and out of a set's wardrobe. I figure worst case scenario I can just have her as evil demon Wanda and have a normal Wanda next to her in the same Sorcerer Shelf.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Excluding any Illuminati, at this moment I'm at:
  • Psycho Wanda
  • Defender Strange
  • Supreme Strange
Problem is, my paranoia is making me unsure. The way I see it, I need two Stranges and one Wanda if we go by necessities. My plan was to add a normal Strange with my Sorcerers (hence why I'm waiting to see his look from 3) and a black/red Strange with the Illuminati. The problem is, who's telling me they won't do a proper black/red Strange with a cape and everything in DS4 or whatever? Cumberbatch has said that he has no intentions of leaving any time soon, so unless they kick him out, there'll be many more looks. Supreme Strange is an OC too, so I never planned for it, but I find the design very cool.

Same goes for Wanda. Come on, we know she's not gone. I technically need one with my Sorcerers. I could offload one to an X-Men display, or have another in a Doom-centric display. Mostly I just want a proper Witch-y costume. No plastics, no pleather, no weird techy bits, just a proper Witch's costume. I do want to get this look too though, as it represents the culmination of her Darkhold/villain journey, and I find the dyed red hair, darker colours and such unique enough. Her AoU-MoM looks never did much for me; too plain and out of a set's wardrobe. I figure worst case scenario I can just have her as evil demon Wanda and have a normal Wanda next to her in the same Sorcerer Shelf.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I might go for Defender Strange as that look is quite unique. Mordo would be a definite yes but I doubt that we'll see him released. Scarlet Witch is a likely yes. As for anyone else

Spoiler Spoiler:

I might go for Defender Strange as that look is quite unique. Mordo would be a definite yes but I doubt that we'll see him released. Scarlet Witch is a likely yes. As for anyone else

Spoiler Spoiler:

the Illuminati you mentioned are the only ones I would buy. Mordo as well. The movie was lackluster.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Xavier with proper chair is a no brainer and unlike Victor mine will be sitting in his golden throne lol
The golden chair is the only way I could be tempted to display any Xavier like that. But what I'm rooting for is normal, formal clothes Xavier with the Illuminati, and a Krakoa Xavier for my X-Display.

It's all just speculation and wishlisting now. For all we know maybe MCU Xavier and Magneto will be "off limits" (Xavier in Shi'ar space and Magneto in Asteroid M or some such), Jean will have gone Dark Phoenix already, Scott will be a headmaster and the X-Men will be Quentin Quire and Magik. I doubt they'll do something that radical, but you never know.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The golden chair is the only way I could be tempted to display any Xavier like that. But what I'm rooting for is normal, formal clothes Xavier with the Illuminati, and a Krakoa Xavier for my X-Display.

It's all just speculation and wishlisting now. For all we know maybe MCU Xavier and Magneto will be "off limits" (Xavier in Shi'ar space and Magneto in Asteroid M or some such), Jean will have gone Dark Phoenix already, Scott will be a headmaster and the X-Men will be Quentin Quire and Magik. I doubt they'll do something that radical, but you never know.
Yeah I’m just playing with you I know you’re going for multiple group displays. :hi5:

Yeah I’m just playing with you I know you’re going for multiple group displays. :hi5:
In my mind I am, sure. Then reality will hit me and I'll end up with maybe 1/3rd of all my wishlists. Still, wishlisting is fun and this hobby is unpredictable, so whatever.

If they are building up to what I think they're building, my Illuminati display would be the main team:
  • Reed
  • Strange
  • Namor
  • (Superior) Stark
  • T'Challa
  • Captain Britain (Brian)
  • Xavier
  • Black Bolt
And then God Emperor Doom on a throne, with maybe the Molecule Man behind him/floating, if they ever make him that is (which is doubtful). To make it more story accurate you could add Maximus The Mad, Black Swan, Tyros and a Black Priest, but the last three have no chances of being made, so you'd have just a Maximus awkwardly standing there between them. At which point you might as well add him with Crystal and Medusa in the FF display. And that's if they happen. Ronan's been in two flicks and still doesn't have a figure for example.

Anyway, my point is I've already figured where to add my GED if that's what they're building up to. Normal Doom will go with the FF, Magic Doom if they make him with the Sorcerers, and so on. I try to have backup display plans if something doesn't work out, to try and factor in some alt costumes and so on. But really it's all just ramblings, when the time comes half of them won't happen and then I'll have to choose between the rest.

Still, the Illuminati display is one of the easiest for me as it's very "set in stone", so I'm just playing the waiting game now.

The show is called Justin’s Reviews not Justin’s I Control Your Buying Decisions Review.

As an adult he gives me all I need from his review, good production value and a large collection that offers proper comparisons.

As an adult my purchase decisions don’t hang on his every word hell it doesn’t hang on anything he has to say I go there to see the product properly displayed and compared THAT’S IT!

My collecting habits doesn’t begin or end based on if Justin has integrity or not could care less.

Let me repeat I could CARE LESS if he gets free stuff from HK or not i’m an adult with proper decision making skills who enters his channel with a single goal in mind.

Show me the product professionally and he gives me that in spades.

Good for him I hope he is 100% compromised I DON’T CARE just SHOW ME THE PRODUCT end of story.

If you don’t trust him turn off your volume and watch the pretty pictures.

If your skin is not even thick enough for that then I got an idea don’t watch him at all.

Who the hell loses sleep over if people have integrity while reviewing products they are interested in.

Just show me the product I don’t care if you are lying while showing it to me don’t worry i’ll be just fine lol
Agreed, he’s running a channel, he’s making money, he’s showing you a product.
However he manages those relationships with toy companies is his prerogative.

People need to get over it.

Agreed, he’s running a channel, he’s making money, he’s showing you a product.
However he manages those relationships with toy companies is his prerogative.

People need to get over it.

Agreed. If more people thought like this, we wouldn't have had Gamergate.

Well, I'm not sure I'm going to get his. Just saw the price from my usual seller today and it's steep. Very steep. It's not that I can't afford it, but more that I don't want to afford it. I get the price is driven up by all the **** that's going on in the world and figures with more than one headsculpt usually are a bit pricier, but in this case I would never ever use that second sculpt because I absolutely loathe that look.

So yeah, I'll be taking my time, to decide if I actually want this or not seeing I already have the original Strange.

With Strange being one of the few Marvel characters that I collect, I'm going to need this figure and any other Stranges that may release. It more than I care to pay for a stock Hot Toys, but nevertheless, I'm going to buy it anyway. :lol I do love that new sculpt and I quite enjoyed the look of the new blue tunic.

He never talks about price, he just defends it saying "the price is the price" "these are high end products" "these are imported products". I see nothing wrong with discussing the price, it's about providing value to collectors.
Agreed. He's free to run his channel as he sees fit, however as a consumer/reviewer it would be better service to discuss all things including: price. Criticism as well as praise, is the factor in business in order to balance out good and bad. Whether he likes it or not, he's become an advocate for the people due to his position. Having the ability to hold a business' feet to the fire about any and all things helps all other consumers. His videos are my favorite and I will still continue to watch - but I will probably start commenting on his lack of price discussion when it is relevant.

Agreed. He's free to run his channel as he sees fit, however as a consumer/reviewer it would be better service to discuss all things including: price. Criticism as well as praise, is the factor in business in order to balance out good and bad. Whether he likes it or not, he's become an advocate for the people due to his position. Having the ability to hold a business' feet to the fire about any and all things helps all other consumers. His videos are my favorite and I will still continue to watch - but I will probably start commenting on his lack of price discussion when it is relevant.
Michael Crawford used to factor price into his reviews (he may still) and that affected his overall score for a given figure. Price point should be a factor in any good review.

With Strange being one of the few Marvel characters that I collect, I'm going to need this figure and any other Stranges that may release. It more than I care to pay for a stock Hot Toys, but nevertheless, I'm going to buy it anyway. :lol I do love that new sculpt and I quite enjoyed the look of the new blue tunic.
I'm a lifelong Dr. Strange fan but have only felt the need to get the first, as the rest were not different enough or offered a head sculpt that wowed me like the original. I'm back and forth on this one because I know DS3 will probably end with a "definitive" design, but you never know if HT will phone in or goof on a future head sculpt. If I let this one go, it won't be the end of the world, and that's really a function of the newly elevated price.

Michael Crawford used to factor price into his reviews (he may still) and that affected his overall score for a given figure. Price point should be a factor in any good review.
Agreed, value for money definitely impacts my excitement for a figure.

Many video game reviews factor price into the review "Is this game worth $60? No? Wait for a sale".

I'm a lifelong Dr. Strange fan but have only felt the need to get the first, as the rest were not different enough or offered a head sculpt that wowed me like the original. I'm back and forth on this one because I know DS3 will probably end with a "definitive" design, but you never know if HT will phone in or goof on a future head sculpt. If I let this one go, it won't be the end of the world, and that's really a function of the newly elevated price.
You're in for a treat then - it seems to me that he's rising in the ranks to Tony Stark levels in the MCU.

I'm also really good with my DS1 Strange (including the box too, oddly enough). I've picked up some IW parts and will likely "upgrade" the gauntlets and boots at some point to improve the look.

I have a fully customized repainted/rooted hair V1 sculpt that I just continue to upgrade the outfit on. I thought about just buying the parted out outfit, but I do really like that new sculpt too. Perhaps I’ll customize and fully upgrade to the new sculpt as well. I like having as many options as available. :lol The only Strange I’ve not bought (yet) is the No Way Home version, but it is tempting. :lol

Back