1/6 Hot Toys - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Doctor Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin did not want to go to battle about the price. He will on some things (in other previews) but won't on others...so I'll give him some credit there.

He's not factoring in though, how much the Batman was a couple months ago, so a $35 increase here is not respectable for retail price consistency.
He never talks about price, he just defends it saying "the price is the price" "these are high end products" "these are imported products". I see nothing wrong with discussing the price, it's about providing value to collectors.

He gets these for free, of course he's not gonna comment on the price. For him the solution to a subpar product is to upgrade it with costly custom parts.

The price is completely unjustified. The IW strange had more accessories and still cost less than this by huge margin. It's just silly seeing this kind of dx price on a doctor strange figure.

Ha

Attachments

• 7F9F06D2-8329-4B29-9F80-68708077E8F8.jpeg
    7F9F06D2-8329-4B29-9F80-68708077E8F8.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 78
He gets these for free, of course he's not gonna comment on the price. For him the solution to a subpar product is to upgrade it with costly custom parts.
None of the Hot Toys reviewers get those figures for free. Some unlicensed 3rd parties will send figures to reviewers for free to gain exposure - maybe you’re confusing the two.

None of the Hot Toys reviewers get those figures for free. Some unlicensed 3rd parties will send figures to reviewers for free to gain exposure - maybe you’re confusing the two.

Toyswonderland offers free figures to people posting about their awesome shipping. Not hard to believe that the guy advertising their store on a daily basis isn't getting the stuff he reviews for free from TW, not Hot Toys.

Toyswonderland offers free figures to people posting about their awesome shipping. Not hard to believe that the guy advertising their store on a daily basis isn't getting the stuff he reviews for free from TW, not Hot Toys.
I have yet to see this from my experience. I love Justin's reviews and I have nothing against him, but I've seen better online stores for me.

Last edited:
I haven't heard from anyone who buys from them. The only thing i know is they are from hong kong.
I mean if you have to have the figure first or looking for a rare toy toyswonderland is your site. I personally use sidheshow , giant toy, and onesixthkit. Justin does great reviews imo.

The show is called Justin’s Reviews not Justin’s I Control Your Buying Decisions Review.

As an adult he gives me all I need from his review, good production value and a large collection that offers proper comparisons.

As an adult my purchase decisions don’t hang on his every word hell it doesn’t hang on anything he has to say I go there to see the product properly displayed and compared THAT’S IT!

My collecting habits doesn’t begin or end based on if Justin has integrity or not could care less.

Let me repeat I could CARE LESS if he gets free stuff from HK or not i’m an adult with proper decision making skills who enters his channel with a single goal in mind.

Show me the product professionally and he gives me that in spades.

Good for him I hope he is 100% compromised I DON’T CARE just SHOW ME THE PRODUCT end of story.

If you don’t trust him turn off your volume and watch the pretty pictures.

If your skin is not even thick enough for that then I got an idea don’t watch him at all.

Who the hell loses sleep over if people have integrity while reviewing products they are interested in.

Just show me the product I don’t care if you are lying while showing it to me don’t worry i’ll be just fine lol

Last edited:
I like his reviews for what they are: REVIEWS. They are very informative and helpful. After one of his reviews i know right away whether i will end up buying/ordering a figure. His reviews have no ******** like jokes or rambling about things for too long. Which i like.

The show is called Justin’s Reviews not Justin’s I Control Your Buying Decisions Review.

As an adult he gives me all I need from his review, good production value and a large collection that offers proper comparisons.

As an adult my purchase decisions don’t hang on his every word hell it doesn’t hang on anything he has to say I go there to see the product properly displayed and compared THAT’S IT!

My collecting habits doesn’t begin or end based on if Justin has integrity or not could care less.

Let me repeat I could CARE LESS if he gets free stuff from HK or not i’m an adult with proper decision making skills who enters his channel with a single goal in mind.

Good for him I hope he is 100% compromised I DON’T CARE just SHOW ME THE PRODUCT end of story.

If your skin is not even thick enough for that then I got an idea don’t watch him at all.

Who the hell loses sleep over if people have integrity while reviewing products they are interested in.

Just show me the product I don’t care if you are lying while showing it to me don’t worry i’ll be just fine lol

Totally agree.

IDK, I think his production value would improve considerably if he hired the girl from the Queen Studios video and had her do all the posing on camera.

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 08-52-53 InArt The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1 6.png

It’s plausible sure, except that Justin has said on multiple livestreams that he pays for Hot Toys figures with his own money.

Now I’m sure he’s getting some kind of regular discount or free shipping for plugging ToysWonderland at the beginning and end of all of his videos, but they are not sending him 50 free Hot Toys figures per year.

I have often wondered though if the photo bloggers get to keep the figures Hot Toys sends them in advance of release as compensation. If so that’s a pretty sweet gig.

Justin did not want to go to battle about the price. He will on some things (in other previews) but won't on others...so I'll give him some credit there.

He's not factoring in though, how much the Batman was a couple months ago, so a $35 increase here is not respectable for retail price consistency.
Well ... the head sculpt (for me) looked WAY better in those photos than the pre-order pics. I think it's the skin coloring and the eyes that I found "off" earlier. It occurred to me I may want to have a figure from each of his three solo movies; I'm not thinking BC is doing more than that. May pull the trigger on this thing after all. DS has been a favorite since I was a kid.

If I didn’t have the original Strange, I’d get this because it is wonderful. However I consider myself extremely lucky to own the OG, because unbelievably, I still think it remains the best one HT have done and the HS is still the definitive one imo.

But this comes mighty close though. No brainer if you don’t have a Strange and want one.
I feel the EXACT same way. Getting the first figure was without question, and remains the stand out in my collection to this day. I'm slowly coming around on this one though. Pure weakness on my part. :LOL:

I feel the EXACT same way. Getting the first figure was without question, and remains the stand out in my collection to this day. I'm slowly coming around on this one though. Pure weakness on my part. :LOL:
After seeing the movie yesterday, the only figures I would buy from this movie are Wong and the very first Strange suit we see - which would cheaper because there weren't many effects used.

Back