1/6 Hot Toys - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Doctor Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm already in the "Best Of" phase + just random figures I like. $300 makes me selective. $300+ makes me say "Nice figure but no thanks."

I like the head and would buy it separately. Nothing else is really interesting. You'll likely see that third eye head again with whatever the next version will be.

IW version outfit is better I think.

Perhaps a kind soul could answer my question as I haven’t had a chance to see the movie yet.

What is the blue patch on the back of his cape? It is only visible on the product page where Hot Toys shows all the accesories, etc.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm already in the "Best Of" phase + just random figures I like. $300 makes me selective. $300+ makes me say "Nice figure but no thanks."
Haha, yeah. Boy, I pity the fool who has multiple collages of 20+ figures for every little niche. Ha...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Either way, I'll be passing again and wait for the hopefully UltraMegaGiga Sorcerer Supreme version. I'm hoping the Defender and Supreme versions, if they happen, will be cheaper.

Perhaps a kind soul could answer my question as I haven’t had a chance to see the movie yet.

What is the blue patch on the back of his cape? It is only visible on the product page where Hot Toys shows all the accesories, etc.

Thanks.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm surprised HT added it honestly.

People prefer this more simple outfit to the more complex IW Dr Strange?

I figured they made the outfit simpler in the movie for CGI ease.
The previous look with the tons of straps and flaps just felt too novice-y to me. This here has the eblem, but needs a more grand-looking Cloak and so on. I'm hoping DS3 will deliver on that front.

$335 is really steep. But with 2 HS and a new suit in 6 years? I have been waiting for this one for quite some time now. Skipped IW and NWH for this one. Not day one PO, but will get this and SW for sure.
Should have made a deluxe with the extra head, I wouldn't want some creepy third eye sculpt on display so it'd stay in the box making it not worth the purchase as I'd never use it.

Hi anyone knows how to talk to sideshow? the chat is not working

And what happens when you cancel an order and have already paid some payments?

Oh wow (this version) of MoM DS looking good! :panic::panic:

I have the IW version, but, looks like there'll be plenty of Strange to go around!

Thanks.
It was "repaired" in the movie with that patch.

I can't tell you how much I want to like this figure. I love the comic book design nod in the tunic but that head sculpt just does not beat the original figure. To my way of thinking none of them have, but I was hoping this one would wow me, and it just doesn't. Plus, as is most everyone's reaction, at $335 it would take examination to see the differences between the two in my display. I guess I should be happy to save the dough, but really feeling kind of letdown, unless the sculpt "magically" grows on me.

This is incredible to me. I have the IW Strange and am getting this one too. I absolutely loved the movie, so that helps.

Hi anyone knows how to talk to sideshow? the chat is not working

And what happens when you cancel an order and have already paid some payments?

You get all the money you paid back except the NRD. As of a few years ago they had a policy of letting you get 1 NRD back, so if you haven't done that yet you might get it back.

Thank you and thank you, Victor, for answering my question about the cape.
Right now, that's the only thing that's causing me some internal debate. I don't have a Dr. Strange yet and this one looks really good. I don't want a damaged/repaired cape though. On the other hand I'm more of a museum poser and you won't see it in my case. Decisions decisions.

This is incredible to me. I have the IW Strange and am getting this one too. I absolutely loved the movie, so that helps.

You get all the money you paid back except the NRD. As of a few years ago they had a policy of letting you get 1 NRD back, so if you haven't done that yet you might get it back.
To add to this, if whatever you have ordered is beyond the initial release date estimate, you should get your NRD back.

I am on the fence with this as well.
I love the intricacies of this new costume and the comic book/Steve Ditko vibe.
I feel the sculpt is an improvement.
What I don’t like is the cape.
I would rather have an alternate cape than the alternate sculpt. So…I have the first Dr. Strange. An upgrade is gonna run close to $400 with taxes and shipping.
Hmmmmm.

Kind of wild that we now have 3 different HT Dr. Strange head sculpts that are all distinct from each other and any one of which someone could make a case for it being the "best" one. The costume looks good but I honestly didn't even notice it was different until the promo pics released, not from seeing the movie. Tough to want this when I already have the IW and it's not crazy-different, but a
Spoiler Spoiler:

Right now, that's the only thing that's causing me some internal debate. I don't have a Dr. Strange yet and this one looks really good. I don't want a damaged/repaired cape though. On the other hand I'm more of a museum poser and you won't see it in my case. Decisions decisions.
Same boat here,but I just know ill never see the back of that cape once I pose and display him. These damn things are getting more and more expensive I might as well bite the bullet now a get a Dr. Strange as Im afraid what the prices will look like a few years from now. I feel this ones good enough with enough different options to be my one and only Strange figure.

Back