1/6 Hot Toys - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Doctor Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also looks like the three eyed sculpt might be using the IW sculpt as a base? Look at the hair coif and upwards turned grey streaks. Matches the earlier one.
I'd be okay with this. They can use the time they saved on sculpting a new sculpt to go back and fix the Kate Bishop sculpt or add an Oscar Isaac sculpt to Moon Knight.

I still want a tuxedo with martini strange... But this one will do. He looks amazing. Praying Wanda has better luck and maxed out with magic effects.

It's 100% a new sculpt and their best attempt so far.

AnDYUao.png

Yes, it appears to be unique. I thought it might be shared with the Iron Strange concept figure but that looks more like an IW sculpt reuse with some blood added.

Yeah this newest attempt is a phenomenal sculpt. That alone is worth the purchase, but the effects and more interesting outfit just puts it over the edge. It’ll be a long wait until this comes out in 2024 but at least I’ll have IW Strange to hold me over.

The sculpt is quite good, but at 1/6 scale from a normal viewing distance it's not significantly superior to either of the previous efforts. And I don't find this outfit to be more interesting than his others, red tassels on the boots in lieu of blue notwithstanding lol. The dragon effects are cool but beyond that I find the effects rather meh. The handcuffs and Book of Vishanti are nice but I'm not going to pay a premium for accessories that should be a given. The 2nd sculpt strikes me as a last-minute add and could look cool (I think the third eye should definitely look in a different direction than the other two to maximize the creepiness). I might get it parted out down the road. All in all, I think I'm good with my OG and IW figures.

Looks great but I’m very happy with my Infinity War version so no need to upgrade

That's a big price jump with not a lot of perceived value. Yikes.

I've got a question. We now have Supreme Strange who is different than Strange Supreme who is different than Sinister Strange?

The head sculpt is incredible, a perfect mix of the IW and original sculpt from the first movie, but that price is a really tough pill to swallow. Felt like the prices had settled finally around 300, going up to 335 is extremely rough.

Cyborg is 315 with two heads and a unique one of a kind body.

Jesus, with these prices I may as well go back to my "Best Of" plan and forget about displays and teams... In 2029 an HT Apocalypse will cost 700$ or something.

Back