1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gamora is on her way! :yess: Hopefully my Groot & Rocket aren't too far behind... (Ordered them a year ago -_-)

Finally I got my Gamora. Still not sure if I'm going to use hairproduct to stylish the hair... (I'm not even sure what to use though... gel, wax, styling spray.)
Here are some quick snapshots of my 8th figure in the collection:

e7i7a1.jpg

evcqo9.jpg

rtp91z.jpg

Now waiting for Groot & Rocket to hit Europe.

Thanks BagginsOfBagEnd.

I took one more picture with better lightning. To think that I doubted to get this figure. :cuckoo:

sm38nt.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

I took one more picture with better lightning. To think that I doubted to get this figure. :cuckoo:

Cool pic! I was like that with the whole line...and now....

View attachment 203369

Yep, I ended up getting all of them :lol ! Can't wait for Drax, the complete team is gonna look awesome displayed together!

^ Great pics...and congrats on getting Gamora!! :rock

Funny... I skipped getting the whole team and just went with SL because I hated how Gamora's costume looked. Just waiting on 2.

Hopefully they go with something more like this from the concept artist:

BuxzyoyCUAAqI0L.jpg

This guy knows how to design good looking outfits.

One of his Nebula designs... drool.

BvmZk76IIAIQzx0.jpg

Why would you put real hair product on expensive toys? Isn't hair product organic, and likely to have alcohol in it that would dissolve the paint apps, and possibly affect dyes on the toy.

I really didn't do much, just used warm water to rinse some of the crap HT uses off and kinda pulled the hair back to straighten it out, if that makes senses.

Still not 100% happy with how it looks, just need to find the time to mess with it some more.

Why would you put real hair product on expensive toys? Isn't hair product organic, and likely to have alcohol in it that would dissolve the paint apps, and possibly affect dyes on the toy.

Because that's what Hot Toys uses to style the hair. Even says so in their instructions.

Last edited:
I really didn't do much, just used warm water to rinse some of the crap HT uses off and kinda pulled the hair back to straighten it out, if that makes senses.

Still not 100% happy with how it looks, just need to find the time to mess with it some more.

Looks great to me! Thanks for the tip!

To buy or not to buy that is the question? Usually its an easy decision for me but not with this figure. I really want her to complete my guardians display and I like the sculpt but her rubber body, light accessories, rooted hair, and fact that SSC cannot sell their stock are all turn offs. If I decide a year from now that I don't want her anymore odds are I'll have a hell of a time selling her, much like The Wolverine, Jor El and Amazing Spiderman. To all current owners of Gamora, Are there any other compelling reasons why I should buy her other then for "the sake of completing the guardians team"? If she was the only guardian Hot Toys made would you still have bought her???

To buy or not to buy that is the question? Usually its an easy decision for me but not with this figure. I really want her to complete my guardians display and I like the sculpt but her rubber body, light accessories, rooted hair, and fact that SSC cannot sell their stock are all turn offs. If I decide a year from now that I don't want her anymore odds are I'll have a hell of a time selling her, much like The Wolverine, Jor El and Amazing Spiderman. To all current owners of Gamora, Are there any other compelling reasons why I should buy her other then for "the sake of completing the guardians team"? If she was the only guardian Hot Toys made would you still have bought her???

...no

Rubber body issues are mostly over blown. Wouldn't worry about that

As for the reason to buy..that's a completly personal decision. Not sure anyone else can tell you if you like the character enough to spend money on it.

Rubber body issues are mostly over blown. Wouldn't worry about that

As for the reason to buy..that's a completly personal decision. Not sure anyone else can tell you if you like the character enough to spend money on it.

That's the thing though I don't like the character on her own enough to buy her, i only want her to complete the team. Deep down i know that is not a good enough reason to buy her which is why i haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think i am just looking for positive reinforcement, for people tell me she is worth it so i can justify the purchase to myself.

That's the thing though I don't like the character on her own enough to buy her, i only want her to complete the team. Deep down i know that is not a good enough reason to buy her which is why i haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think i am just looking for positive reinforcement, for people tell me she is worth it so i can justify the purchase to myself.

I've read some issues with her, one reviewer on youtube broke her left arm but he did move it in a manner not recommended. I'd say she'll be fine just keep her arms straight and don't expect resale value because of the potential issues and a, most likely, superior GotG 2 version. I have a gift card that'll bring her down to $150 so I'll probably buy her but I don't care about resale, want to complete the team and museum pose my figs.

Back