1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see a Marty and Doc from Part 3 at SDCC.. but i believe that the Part 2 Figures doesn't sell very well at the moment. They shoudn't have used the old headsculpt for the Promo Pictures.:(

Not too different.

The old age makeup on Doc was pretty subtle and he certainly doesn't look decades older in the same way that George, Biff, and Loraine do. I never even really noticed it until I got the films on DVD.
When I first saw the films on video, I thought the joke behind Doc's rejuvenation procedure was supposed to be that he had all this work done and looked exactly the same.

View it on Blue ray, and the age makeup is pretty stark....I think it looks subtle because so many of us viewed it the first time on inferior media.....

I think the joke is that Doc says he was sorry for the disguise because he didn't think Marty would recognize him younger.....

The joke is Marty spend loads time with him as a young man just days before this happened, Doc looking younger to him wouldn't confuse Marty at all.

2bbcc99e42377e0dd25f354cda724b26.gif

84be4db66fb18d5593b2051b3834a992.jpeg

01e19ef1d5f0d8cc7ff6a19039742e2c.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the joke was based on the fact that the age rejuvenation phase made no difference to how the Doc looked. Unless like you say, the joke was in that Marty had only seen a younger looking Doc a day or so ago.

I thought the joke was based on the fact that the age rejuvenation phase made no difference to how the Doc looked. Unless like you say, the joke was in that Marty had only seen a younger looking Doc a day or so ago.

This is how I always took the joke and makes me laugh every time. Works on both levels though, I never considered the other.

Yeah Marty's line after he takes it off and is like "you look great Doc" always sounded like he meant it like he hadn't even noticed it to me. I thought that was the joke that Doc just looked old already.

I always thought that too but I also chalk the misunderstanding to poor VHS and TV broadcast quality. On DVD and Blu-ray the difference between 1955 Doc and 1985 is actually pretty stark. Lloyd is playing his own age in 1955 and they didn't want to have to have to deal with the old age makeup in the sequels.

I always felt that joke was a bit deep.....

Most people thought Doc didn't look any different.....I was the strange one who thought otherwise..

I always felt that joke was a bit deep.....

Most people thought Doc didn't look any different.....I was the strange one who thought otherwise..

Works both ways it just never occurred to me. Maybe you are the deep one!

I always thought that too but I also chalk the misunderstanding to poor VHS and TV broadcast quality. On DVD and Blu-ray the difference between 1955 Doc and 1985 is actually pretty stark. Lloyd is playing his own age in 1955 and they didn't want to have to have to deal with the old age makeup in the sequels.
Oh even when I was younger I could tell the difference between 1955 and 1985 Doc. His hair looks different is the main thing. Its more of a white in 1985 whereas his 1955 counterpart seems to have more color. His face looks a bit aged in 1985 too. I never really saw much difference in the 2015 version compared to the 1985 version though.

Oh even when I was younger I could tell the difference between 1955 and 1985 Doc. His hair looks different is the main thing. Its more of a white in 1985 whereas his 1955 counterpart seems to have more color. His face looks a bit aged in 1985 too. I never really saw much difference in the 2015 version compared to the 1985 version though.

2015 Doc is 1955 Doc with thin straight silver hair instead of thick wavy blondish hair.

As time ticks forward I'm warming to this figure more and more. I just hope the face sculpt is improved just slightly. Its almost there!

I wonder what they're going to do about the skin colour of this figure? The BTTF Marty is too dark, but if Doc is a lighter shade he's going to make that Marty look even worse when you put them together.

As time ticks forward I'm warming to this figure more and more. I just hope the face sculpt is improved just slightly. Its almost there!

Can't remember where but I'm sure JC Hong said as soon as the figure went up for pre-order the sculpt would be reworked. Think they know something is off with it and why they initially only displayed it with the shades on at SDCC. I'm getting it whatever, it's like the only Doc Brown we'll ever get from Hot Toys...though I hope I'm wrong on that.

What I'm hoping is after this is released, someone fabricates a custom 1985 plutonium outfit kit (DeLorean remote control included) from the first film and then I'll just kitbash a 1985 plutonium suit Doc from the first film using a parted out sculpt from this figure to go along with the first Marty figure.

What I'm hoping is after this is released, someone fabricates a custom 1985 plutonium outfit kit (DeLorean remote control included) from the first film and then I'll just kitbash a 1985 plutonium suit Doc from the first film using a parted out sculpt from this figure to go along with the first Marty figure.

I think that will happen pretty soon after release. I might do the same and display the part 2 Marty separately on his hoverboard.

When are these due for release in HK? not seen an updated schedule for a while.

I think they're slated for July-August but it wouldn't surprise me if they come out more around September-October.

Back