1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think pricing might be representation of licencing.....

The studios and likely the actors are seeing this is becoming a big market with lots of cash to blow.....so they raise the license costs and HT passes it on......

I ordered through BBTS (first Hot toys I have ordered through them). No deposit in case I cancel....I am becoming SUPER picky about the sculpts....and who can blame me when spending 250? They had better start nailing the likeness if they want me to keep spending.

I REALLY want a Doc...but that sculpt needs fixing.

I think pricing might be representation of licencing.....

The studios and likely the actors are seeing this is becoming a big market with lots of cash to blow.....so they raise the license costs and HT passes it on......

I ordered through BBTS (first Hot toys I have ordered through them). No deposit in case I cancel....I am becoming SUPER picky about the sculpts....and who can blame me when spending 250? They had better start nailing the likeness if they want me to keep spending.

I REALLY want a Doc...but that sculpt needs fixing.

Yeah the sculpt is starting to look a little odd in those official pics. Pretty sure that will be tweaked though. For $250 it had better be.:lecture

But I just can't believe this is a 15 month wait until it ships. I had understood that kind of time delay was more Sideshow (who routinely takes over a year to deliver) and HT was more like 4-6 months. There's really no excuse for a 15 month lead time.

I wonder if the price increase is just on the SSC site - like if you bought this via HK it wouldn't be as expensive relative to other releases from a year or two ago.

Personally, if you feel a sculpt is subpar and the manufacturer and/or distributor has the gall to charge $250 for it, the best reprisal is to not buy it. Especially when it's a figure that's been clamored for. They probably figure that since a figure/character is in such high demand, they can half ass it and people will still buy it regardless simply because people want that character.

But many times, likenesses are subjective.

I have a feeling Doc Brown will never be revisited at this level again.

This is definitely a case where it could be a one off if it doesn't sell. I'm not saying buy it if you don't like it but this won't be fans winning by not buying and thinking there will be a better release. It'll just give Hot Toys a reason to not do more.

Also keep in mind that there haven't been many great figures from this franchise. There have been McDonald's toys, Funko Pop figures, ReAction figures, and some toy cars. There's not a slew of figures of Marty and Doc out there so the fact that we've gotten as much from Hot Toys as we have is great. Personally I feel like the Doc sculpt is fairly good. There could be some slight modifications to make it better but it's not horrible looking.

A heads up:

KG Hobby has the Exclusive Doc Brown up for pre-order.

https://www.kghobby.com/hot-toys-ba...e-dr-emmett-brown-acghk-2016-special-edition/

Should be a way for non-US collectors to get the Ex without being stung with big VAT charges.

Awesome. Just pre ordered. The walkie talkies I wanted and really didnt care about the arcade gun but at those prices minus customs charges is too good not to order. with a bit of luck they both get released at the same time. I am expecting these to be delayed though.

Now where is the hover delorean?

Awesome. Just pre ordered. The walkie talkies I wanted and really didnt care about the arcade gun but at those prices minus customs charges is too good not to order. with a bit of luck they both get released at the same time. I am expecting these to be delayed though.

Now where is the hover delorean?

I'm waiting for that hover delorean too. The moment they release that ill order doc as well.

I wouldn't say I've noticed higher pricing until this most recent slew of pre-orders (the Suicide Squad and Back to the Future Part II figures). Most figures haven't reached the $250 range like a lot of those figures. I'm wondering if they had to pay more for Lloyd's likeness. Joker and Harley are cash cows so they're prices are explained fairly easily.

If that's the case they had actually better get the likeness correct. Still not blown away.

This is definitely a case where it could be a one off if it doesn't sell. I'm not saying buy it if you don't like it but this won't be fans winning by not buying and thinking there will be a better release. It'll just give Hot Toys a reason to not do more.

Also keep in mind that there haven't been many great figures from this franchise. There have been McDonald's toys, Funko Pop figures, ReAction figures, and some toy cars. There's not a slew of figures of Marty and Doc out there so the fact that we've gotten as much from Hot Toys as we have is great. Personally I feel like the Doc sculpt is fairly good. There could be some slight modifications to make it better but it's not horrible looking.

Exactly. Happy to support this figure all I can, because it's probably the best we're ever going to get for a Doc figure.

Yep. To me the figure as an aggregate whole is good, but it could be better. I'm still not totally sold on the likeness and am not too thrilled with the price tag; especially with not totally being sold on the likeness. However, the conundrum is that I really like and want the Marty figure, but I don't like the notion of ending up with two Martys on the shelf and still no Doc. I also have a feeling this may very well be the only Doc we get for awhile, so it's either this or nothing at all.

its a poor photoshop (well i did it in paint) but this is where i feel the wheels for the hover delorean should sit. im not expecting HT to change this though

13658431_1192029674180921_615420653_n.jpg

Pic from Singapore Toy Convention:

14292346_10153786678412344_2429944381477618372_n.jpg

Did they fixed the eyes on Doc? From this angle, it looks slightly different from the official pics.

EDIT: New stand for Marty, better in my opinion matching the Doc's one :clap

im glad they changed martys stand. im not a fan of those flight ones really.

why is it they are keeping the doors closed on this delorean though? is it so we cant tell that they have made zero improvements to the interior? i also hope they change the wheel height in flight mode. they sit too low. either way, i will still be buying it

Back