1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be better, but I'm happy nonetheless. I'm shocked it HT is doing something other than Marvel/DC/SW.

Looks very good with the eyebrow fix. I really like the expression they gave him. I really want his radiation outfit, the delorean remote, and a plutonium case. This is instantly bought though.

Was beginning to think I was the only one who likes this headsculpt. Doc looks great. Such an expressive face exactly like I'd expect. Just wish I had the spondooleys to fork out for the delorean too! First time in ages I'm going to have to really think about my purchases and sacrifices might have to be made. Ghostbusters, a full BTTF2 set, Mark 6 diecast, BVS Batmobile (even though I hate the film) and a mark 7 subzero repaint.
Looks like I'm gonna need 4 guys with clown masks to perform a little job with me, must have your own weapons and be tight lipped if you get caught.
Any takers?

d73315243f73399bfc79705a63b7cc61.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'd say it's not just the eyebrows, but the eyes aren't open wide enough.

The rest of the face looks perfect, but the eyes and eyebrows definitely need to be tweaked a bit more.

I'd say it's not just the eyebrows, but the eyes aren't open wide enough.

The rest of the face looks perfect, but the eyes and eyebrows definitely need to be tweaked a bit more.
Eyebrows lower and hair whiter are enough for me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'm on the fence, I really want to love this figure but for some reason I can't. Have I become THAT guy [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've decided to retouch the straight on close-up.
13708245_10153674519267344_7235635550273547757_o 3.jpg

Changes:
-lowered the eyebrows, arched the eyebrow above his left eye further and straightened the one over his right eye (his signature expression has one eyebrow raised suspiciously)
-narrowed the eyebrows towards the nose
-moved the left eye slightly inward (he goes a bit cross-eyed whenever doing a more extreme expression)
-increased the "anger" wrinkles between his eyebrows
-lightened the hair

Attachments

• 13708245_10153674519267344_7235635550273547757_o 2.jpg
    13708245_10153674519267344_7235635550273547757_o 2.jpg
    679.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

View attachment 281056

Changes:
-lowered the eyebrows, arched the eyebrow above his left eye further and straightened the one over his right eye (his signature expression has one eyebrow raised suspiciously)
-moved the left eye slightly inward (he goes a bit cross-eyed whenever doing a more extreme expression.
-lightened the hair

Now THAT looks great! Much closer to the shocked look he's know for and less like someone just told him his dog died.

Don't get me wrong, i've seen much worse from HT, but this sculpt just has a lot of little things that need tweaking.

Last edited:
Eyebrows is little too much. I was hoping for the radiation outfit but hopefully down the line.

Love it. Can't wait to order it. Could it be improved? Yes. But I am loving it as is too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think if the eyebrows weren't raised and maybe the eyes were a bit wider the sculpt would look better. As is I don't think it's too bad but it could be a bit better.

View attachment 281056

Changes:
-moved the left eye slightly inward (he goes a bit cross-eyed whenever doing a more extreme expression)
-lightened the hair

That looks more like it to me. Great observations.

Back