1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of rooted hair usually but this is one figure crying out for it. His hair shouldn't look as slick as it does here, needs that chaotic look.

Hopefully a third party makes a rooted hair version like they did for Harley Quinn.

8c01efc649a3479d46e1e4ae74cff656.jpg

I love this shot.
This figure ,with an extra standard hs, would have shined 🤩

Very underwhelmed.....not pre ordering but will probably pick him up down the road on eBay....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sculpted hair for Doc is AWFUL_ just awful- he needed the wild rooted hair going all over the place...

IMG_8448.JPG

The sculpt on this could use some perfecting but I love the rooted hair.

Honestly, I thought HT would keep improving over the years but they sure did stop trying in some aspects. No rooted hair on male figures and visible joints are my biggest issues. This figure looks ok but to be really shelf worthy it will need a different sculpt or have this one modified with rooted hair (neither option is cheap).

Rooted hair only looks good when its not done by mass companies. So guys you can't fault them on that. When rooted hair is bad its BAD and I'm one of those customizers who knows what he's doing with rooted hair with Doc's hairline there is no modern way of doing that in a mass market way with technology or material that it would not look absolutely horrible.

What I totally agree with is hat Hot toys has stopped improving. Even thou the general market has not bested them yet, what bothers me is that in some aspects they have really regressed which makes it a loose- loose situation for all of us.

Very underwhelmed.....not pre ordering but will probably pick him up down the road on eBay....

Roads? Where we're going we don't need 'roads'.

Rooted hair only looks good when its not done by mass companies. So guys you can't fault them on that. When rooted hair is bad its BAD and I'm one of those customizers who knows what he's doing with rooted hair with Doc's hairline there is no modern way of doing that in a mass market way with technology or material that it would not look absolutely horrible.

What I totally agree with is hat Hot toys has stopped improving. Even thou the general market has not bested them yet, what bothers me is that in some aspects they have really regressed which makes it a loose- loose situation for all of us.

Overtoys joker hair looks solid.

I tend to think rooted hair looks odd on male characters. Heck even for some female characters I’ve grown to like sculpted hair more.

Sculpted hair for Doc is AWFUL_ just awful- he needed the wild rooted hair going all over the place...

The hair going all over the place wouldn't be accurate for part II doc, who's hair was pretty much tame in comparison to how it was in Part 1. It was mainly combed back without many hairs sticking out.

bttf2_05.jpg

66842-promo.jpg

marty-mcfly-doc-brown-2015-back-future.jpg

41_1.jpg

07-surgery.jpg

Attachments

• doc-brown_2261295b.jpg
    doc-brown_2261295b.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 214
I have no problem with this doc but I really wished someone would make a quality Devo suit with stop watch, and the other accessories.

I already have my Marty from Par 1 displayed with my Delorean and it will look weird as hell having Part II doc by himself or posed next to the Part 1 Delorean.

Oh I think they get a lot right...

But it has to be Marvel or DC to rate effort....

Even SW stuff is coming out half assed lately.

That is surprising as I assume SW stuff sells better than any other line.

I think this will look fine with the shades on but it's not the home run we were all hoping for.

Yeah that makes it even worse, the fact that when they can be bothered they can really hit it out the park. Seems to be the figs I really want, they don't care so much. Battle Damaged Terminator, John Matrix, The Crow, Ichabod Crane, Ripley.

Most of the Marvel stuff I'm not that bothered with and I don't like Star Wars, as Freddy Mercury once said.

If they throw in an extra HS, I'll buy Doc, if not, I'll pass. Big BTTF fan, but it's very limited how you can pose this doc. They tried, sometimes they succeed, like with Harley, sometimes they fail. Just too bad we're not getting three Doc Browns.

They know the SW stuff will sell well no matter what they look like....

Marvel and DC they worry they might not unless they look really good....

Dunno why....Marvel and DC fans are just as rabid when it comes to collectibles...

Back