1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have a First Order Stormtrooper Officer, but he doesn't count. I've not got all 46. The dark ones are those that I won't be getting. The red are ones I want but haven't got yet and the yellow are pre-orders. TPM needs more than 2 figures!

I like the ROTJ scout design better for sure but the Mandalorian scouts with the white bikes have very steadily become a variant I enjoy. Definitely more so than the Remnant Stormtrooper, I very much dislike the RO design.

I just realized I have 2 extra DLT-19, then the rifle the Snowtroopers came with, plus the bazooka and then the rifle that these Scouts will come with. I need to make a rack for all those.

I saw people on FB show RotJ scenes with the helmet looking similar to this and Mando. So I'm not sure if there's different helmets for different scenes.
Since the Mando Scout used an EFX helmet, here are my comparison pics on Star Wars Helmets site - scroll down to mid page: EFX Limited Scout Trooper Helmet RS Prop Masters Lone Wolf

Comparison EFX LW, RS Scout Trooper Helmet 00.JPG

Now will they need to make an OT Tie Pilot and AT-AT driver.
To be honest I believe the Sideshow versions are quite ok, they are Sideshow's best OT troopers.

But I'm in for a General Veers in AT-AT armor. And a Death Star Droid.

BTW for those who have the Mando speederbike, how is that pole holding the bike? Does it have a spring in it?

I have mine like this, so it can be posed ok:

View attachment 535820

The main problem I had with mine was getting him to hold the rifle convincingly with both hands. There's not enough range of movement in the arms, and every time I started to get close the pressure of the rifle butt against his bicep pushed his wrist peg out of the socket and the hand would fall off.

So I had to go for something he could manage.

By contrast the HT Mando Scout has natural posability right out of the box.

Maybe they’ll rerelease Endor Luke only with the bike like Mando with Blurrg.
To be honest I believe the Sideshow versions are quite ok, they are Sideshow's best OT troopers.

BTW for those who have the Mando speederbike, how is that pole holding the bike? Does it have a spring in it?
I have two of each of the Sideshow versions but I would still get another two of each if HT made them.

I may actually get two of these. I still have the SS version, but I've been toying with the idea of having it and the trooper painted black to make it sort of a "Corusant Patrol" concept piece.

I have the Mandalorian scout and speederbike coming in. (Hopefully soon). I was first planning on getting just the ROTJ Scout Trooper, but now I'm thinking of getting the whole set as well. It looks to be quite a definitive version.

I agree. But I only own one trooper from Sideshow, so can't really say too much. But their scouts do look good, my Endor shelf consists of ROTJ stormie, Luke dx and a Sideshow scout. I do think the latter version they released, think it was a year or two ago, looks much cleaner and better than the old one.

Haven't felt the need to get the newer version, but if anyone would like to get one, the newer is the way to go.
That would be great! We need more imperial officers.

Maybe they’ll rerelease Endor Luke only with the bike like Mando with Blurrg.

I have two of each of the Sideshow versions but I would still get another two of each if HT made them.
Don’t give them ideas about endor Luke and the bike.

The pole with the HT is great. It's a more simple design than Sideshow and it works better. It's just one of their bendy flight poles that screws into the base. It feels safe when attached and gives you the ability to "bank" your zooming speeder.

I would consider buying Luke and Leia with the bike, but only if they jack the price up an extra $50.

It is quite insane that it comes with less yet still gets a significant bump in price. I wonder if they are trying to recoup profit losses on the shipping of the Mandalorian bikes, the boxes those came in are pretty big and shipping containers cost something like three times what they did a year ago.

The pole with the HT is great. It's a more simple design than Sideshow and it works better. It's just one of their bendy flight poles that screws into the base. It feels safe when attached and gives you the ability to "bank" your zooming speeder.
Good to know. I have the bendy version that came wit the flying snowtrooper and was quite cool - though I never wanted to have my snowie flying...

Back