1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The single is $10 more than the Mando version, but comes with a rifle.

The Bike set is $50 more than the Mando version, without Grogu and the bag. So is that a $40 OT tax? lol

Just HT and Sideshow getting out ahead of 2023 inflation. Their ridiculously long waits have become so crazy that they probably have a hard time determining production and shipping costs without cutting into their equally ridiculous profit margins.

Since I am skipping most mandalorian figures, I can army build this one. 2 bike sets and either 2 or 3 single scouts. This is one of my most wanted releases and it looks great. I still have the ss bike and scout, but this looks too good. When my wife asked why I was so happy this morning and I told her hot toys finally put a new ot figure up for preorder after almost a year, I think she regretted some of her life choices.
That makes 2 of us, bring on rotj Vader.

I'm for already down for one bike set and three singles. I might order another bike set eventually. I love ROTJ, wish I bought more of the ROTJ stormies. I have some Sideshow scouts/bikes that I can blend with the HT.

I decided to PO the lone Scout Trooper. Speederbike is just too big and not worth the money. I could always stick my Hasbro behind him if need be. I usually wait till they get released as nothing really sells out anymore.

Been waiting on this guy for far too long. The last OT trooper I wanted. I haven't PO'd a figure since I think Dr. Strange from IW.

This cost me approximately £375 which includes £50+ just for postage which is roughly $515 USD total. I took 3% off by paying in full and used a £22 KG coupon (the maximum you can use on any single purchase.)

All things considered, I don’t feel too bad about that as it’s priced at £379.20 before postage on sideshow.
I’d be in for well over £400 buying there or domestically.
It’s pricey as hell but these speeders have always fascinated me and the Scout Trooper is definitely the coolest looking OT Trooper. I used to adore my old 3.75” scale speeder and haven’t had one since.

Do I have display space for it? No, but that’s future me’s problem.

My first 1/6 vehicle! Can’t wait.
Now, bring on that DeLorean reissue! (Just not now coz I’m broke)
That’s the collector spirit. Worry about space later. That’s how I feel. I am running out of room, but too many great figures are on the way. I’ve waited for the hot toys scout for a long time, so I plan to get a few. So glad this went up so quickly.
I wonder if hot toys will do an ot tusken raider, once the mandalorian once ships, in a similar way that once the mandalorian scout shipped, they announced the rotj version. Either way, no complaints today. (Other than general kenobi, bespin and endor han, mace, sidious, padme, veers, and you get the idea).

Here's another COMPARISON between Mando Trooper and Scout Trooper... lots of differences...

Mando vs ROTJ COMP  8-24-21.jpg

I wonder if the bikes have that much difference between them too...?

Here's another COMPARISON between Mando Trooper and Scout Trooper... lots of differences...

View attachment 535787

I wonder if the bikes have that much difference between them too...?

I'm waiting for TaliBane to come in with his red marker and point out what's right and wrong. I'm 99% sure it will be the same length as the Mandalorian version which means a bit shorter than the already slightly undersized Sideshow. It still has that annoying Pac-Man feature too.

The Mando version looks like an old man coming out of retirement and trying to squeeze back into his unifom..

:monkey3

:rotfl
All I see with the Mando version is someone wearing giant yellow stained adult diapers lol I can't unsee it. The ROTJ version always looked a lot better with the placement of his pouches and stuff. Reduces that wide hip issue the Mando has.

This looks amazing. Nice to see the differences in these two scouts. Probably have to wait till in hand pics compare to the SS scout.

Back