1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably posted already somewhere but on display at Secret Base:

240431431_6069328576473408_2296434174751353270_n.jpg

In regards to the individual trooper that rifle is a really nice surprise, it looks great! I like the weathering too. The selection of hands is probably my biggest gripe. No proper gun holding hands or pointing finger/gestures etc. I also wish he came with a textured dio base with the fake plant add ons.

$230 seems ok considering the Mandalorian scout was $220 without the rifle. But miss those $200ish troopers.

I miss when mint boxed Sideshow figures were £25 delivered on eBay... Bib, Boushh, the Rebel Commandos, Jabba's creatures...

Loose Jabba 1.0 was only £40 delivered.

Prices had risen by the time of their Stormtrooper and Cloud City Lando to around £60. It was clear that things were changing.

Yeah it's honestly a bit hard to justify. I really feel like $450 was the sweet spot with it but Hot Toys is gonna Hot Toys.

$400 even better. $200 for Trooper, $200 for bike (going off Darth Maul's speeder at about $110 and his lit up). Honestly, those all-plastic vehicles should be even cheaper.

I was also thinking that having diecast in these would make the price better but I guess for something like Star Wars where all the vehicles are mainly floating in the air, it's hard due to the weight of it. Still, it would have helped justifying the cost of it.

If you stood the bike on its side next to the Trooper it would look like Luke with a moisture evaporator... and you'd all be outraged at a $500 Luke with vaporator.

Just PO'd this from Planet Action Figures in the UK. Damn pricey set but I didn't get the Mando speeder bike, just the Scout, so this time around I was determined to get the ROTJ one.
Really pleased they included the DLT-19 sniper variant. Saves me making one out of a 1/6 MG34.
I remember as a kid in the 80's, my favourite Star Wars toy was my Kenner Scout and speeder. Now I'm a big kid I can have that toy scaled up in size and quality (though those old Kenner figures will always have a place in my heart)

I look at that and I really have to question $500.
Wor-Gar, you nailed it. I've been going back and forth with this as well and I'm leaning on just picking up two Scout Troopers and displaying one on my venerable Hasbro Speederbike. Sure, it's not as detailed but it really looks the part and is actually somewhat bigger in scale. I think that I've talked myself into this...

Wor-Gar, you nailed it. I've been going back and forth with this as well and I'm leaning on just picking up two Scout Troopers and displaying one on my venerable Hasbro Speederbike. Sure, it's not as detailed but it really looks the part and is actually somewhat bigger in scale. I think that I've talked myself into this...

Hasbro is actually BIGGER?

Hasbro is actually BIGGER?
That's my understanding based on the Sideshow version, which was smaller than Hasbro's. People have mentioned that the Hot Toys version is comparable to Sideshow's.

I think there were some good comparison pics of Sideshow's and Hasbro's back in the Sideshow Speederbike thread.

Back