1/6 Han Solo Yavin Ceremony

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
I debated throwing this guy in one of my other threads since he won't get much traffic, then i changed my mind:lol

Not a particularly challenging one, but I needed him. Obviously the primary need for this version is the shirt. My solution was an Ignite Viking undershirt. Not sure what figure he came off of, but it was a real light blue. I liked that it had long sleeves, no buttons, and the neck opening was perfect. Below the waist on this viking tunic got cut off enough to tuck in and I used color remover to get it pretty white. I bought a normal 1/6 collar shirt, and cut it to size. I actually glued it in place and tea dyed the whole thing. I was very happy with the result. I probably need a little more futzing to get it perfect, but i achieved the look I was going for.

Han got put on a Hot Toys body, I repainted the head, and gave him better boots. I may get the gloss out for them now that I see how he photographs. I weathered the belt, but it's not showing in my poodoo pics.

Enjoy my take on the Smuggler Han!

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

As usual, if anybody has any ideas for improvement, please share them. I'm looking at him through my "I made him" glasses, and I may be missing something.

So cool and the shirt works really well, I cant wait to see the complete line up! Nice one! and the collar idea is grrrreeeeaaaaaatttt!

So he's futzed, I glossed up the boots and posed him a little better. It's exactly the way I want it now.

The boots are "Explorer" boots. I think he's a Mummy character or something (not my genre). I got the idea from Commtech in the Han Solo Image Thread. There are straps that need to be cut off and they need to be painted, but they are the best boots by far IMO. I'm switching Yavin Luke to them as well.

IMG_1817.jpg

Here's a sneak peak at my updated Honor Guard.

IMG_1818.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys!

:clap

Great stuff! I think you should do the whole ceremony scene, and make lots more rebels! Have em lined up in front of the dio you made... It'd be awesome!

Looks great! Im liking those boots. Those Ignite Viking shirts are great for all sorts of projects, I use them all the time.

The Honor guard looks fantastic so far. Maybe you need to get out your Temple blast door diorama again! :D

Ahhh ha I can help you out there old chap. They are VIRTUAL TOYS VTS EXPLORER BOOTS. But they are really expensive I can get them for is about £11 if that helps Boba?

I've got both mine from ebay. I've been paying around $16 shipped. Maybe they could be had slightly cheaper, but I'm not very patient. I do a search for "1/6 Explorer boots".

I see Dorgs beat me to the punch!!

...hmmmmmmmmmmmm I´ve found some on Evilbay...BUT only brown ones...dont they come in black...I really like the cut of those boots...I upgraded my Mr. Solo with german WWII boots but these VTS boots look more like the movie look....

Those are the ones. The straps around the foot are easily cut at the sole with an exacto. The strap around the calf is just like a belt, it will come right out. The loops are removed by cutting the threads on the inside. They come off easy, but it does leave tiny holes. I painted them flat black. They take the paint very easy and it's dry after just a couple minutes. I gloss coated them after. As far as I know, they are not available in black.

..OK...I´ll get 2-3 pairs....and mod them...

@Dorgs...thanks for trying to help...mucho appreciated....

I'm in for 1 more for my heroes. Reg Han needs some and Yavin Luke has a pair coming. I'm curious to see what they'll look like on Imperial Officers. THAT could get expensive!!

Back