1/6 DiD D80154 WW2 German Luftwaffe Flying Ace – “Star Of Africa” – Hans-Joachim Marseille

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I saw those photos I went up into the attic and brought down the Admiral Toys 1/18 Me 262 that I bought in lieu of a flying wing when I was collecting the Hasbro 3 3/4" Indiana Jones figures.

Such a nice looking aircraft.

Jody posted another photo of his Bf 109 after someone asked about it:

bf-109.jpg

I used to have quite a number of the 1/18 airplanes from BBI/Blue Box, I believe. Sold them all off, long ago, due to space issues but they were really cool. I really prefer building scale model kits, though, and super-detailing them, if possible.

I used to have quite a number of the 1/18 airplanes from BBI/Blue Box, I believe. Sold them all off, long ago, due to space issues but they were really cool. I really prefer building scale model kits, though, and super-detailing them, if possible.

The Me 262 was the only one I got. I'd collected all the Hasbro Indiana Jones figures and vehicles and was itching for a futuristic but in-keeping aircraft to stand in for the flying wing.

Space is a problem as this one alone is awkward to display due to the wingspan. It looks impressive sat up on top of the wardrobe!

The Me 262 was the only one I got. I'd collected all the Hasbro Indiana Jones figures and vehicles and was itching for a futuristic but in-keeping aircraft to stand in for the flying wing.

Space is a problem as this one alone is awkward to display due to the wingspan. It looks impressive sat up on top of the wardrobe!
I have a bud that has them hanging from fishing line in his garage ceiling. At least they take up no display space and are high enough not to bang one's head into.

Yesterday, I received the "Diorama" set. I found the packaging quite interesting. The "figure" box was actually the shipping box (as far as it was sent to me).
IMG_3381.jpg

Opening it up, I pulled out several layers of white foam.
IMG_3382.jpg

Splitting up the layers provided the actual items in recessed slots.
IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

I have already ordered the required loose parts in order to complete the figure. I will no doubt be ordering the regular figure set as well, in order to have those display options, as well.

This diorama set was a must-have for me. As Asta has shown, along with the regular figure set, it will provide the opportunity to display several figures.

Yesterday, I received the "Diorama" set. I found the packaging quite interesting. The "figure" box was actually the shipping box (as far as it was sent to me).
View attachment 589164

Opening it up, I pulled out several layers of white foam.
View attachment 589165

Splitting up the layers provided the actual items in recessed slots.
View attachment 589166
View attachment 589167

I have already ordered the required loose parts in order to complete the figure. I will no doubt be ordering the regular figure set as well, in order to have those display options, as well.

This diorama set was a must-have for me. As Asta has shown, along with the regular figure set, it will provide the opportunity to display several figures.

This set was well protected.

I haven't found a use of the desert base yet as I didn't want to add the extra weight to the shelf.

The wooden framework fell apart and the DiD medallion even fell out. Without the framework the resin is so wonky it doesn't lay flat. Sometime I'll find a figure that doesn't need support who can stand on it, which will probably have to be an astromech droid. :lol

This set was well protected.

I haven't found a use of the desert base yet as I didn't want to add the extra weight to the shelf.

The wooden framework fell apart and the DiD medallion even fell out. Without the framework the resin is so wonky it doesn't lay flat. Sometime I'll find a figure that doesn't need support who can stand on it, which will probably have to be an astromech droid. :lol

LOL!! I didn't even think of using the base for Star Wars. Hmmm....

FANTASTIC!! I may get two and repaint one for my Hartmann figure.

I can only hope that they release more pilot figures from different countries and we get a P-51D, Spitfire, P-38, etc., cockpits!

They might actually release it this time, or they may just keep bringing it out every ACGHK!

I'm not sure whether it works for me as a diorama, because it only works for the pilot - either sitting in it or climbing in or out of it. For standing figures it's set too low, and a figure couldn't stand in front of it because that's where the wing is.

They definitely should have included at least part of the wing root in order to provide additional posing options.

As it stands, the figure would definitely look best interacting with the cockpit such as you mentioned, sitting inside or climbing in/out but I think standing to the right of it may work, as well, as the fuselage sloped downwards towards the rear.

Found these photos that may help with posing:

7d1a7b751eed20ab751e0265fcdcbb41.jpg

62bb048d0a1cd8cda9ea0de1a121086e.jpg

03426.jpg

b5a543f3b322d371df125975b8544501.jpg

fighter-pilot-hans-joachim-marseille-in-his-fighter-aircraft-messerschmitt-CPHPAF.jpg

Full-scale Bf-109 shown this time, I thought of you guys when I saw this. It's not completely out of the question for DiD to actually make this they obviously have been working on this and they have made a 1/6 all diecast German Half-track and BMW motorcycle as well as a kettenkrad.

Take that Mandalorian Naboo Starfighter!

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.56.30 AM.png

Full-scale Bf-109 shown this time, I thought of you guys when I saw this. It's not completely out of the question for DiD to actually make this they obviously have been working on this and they have made a 1/6 all diecast German Half-track and BMW motorcycle as well as a kettenkrad.

Take that Mandalorian Naboo Starfighter!

View attachment 591543

I'm trying to watch that video and take screencaps but it's running live and keeps breaking up. :gah:

That's why I gave up and decided to post the Bf 109 photos, but you beat me to it. :lol

I presume they're going to complete the plane, and this is as far as they'd got in time for the show.

I'm trying to watch that video and take screencaps but it's running live and keeps breaking up. :gah:

That's why I gave up and decided to post the Bf 109 photos, but you beat me to it. :lol

I presume they're going to complete the plane, and this is as far as they'd got in time for the show.
Lol yeah, I noticed that I just paused the stream and looked at what I wanted to see it was pretty choppy.

This is the ToysTV video. Luckily the Bf 109 and other DiD exhibits are right at the beginning:

Oh my!!!!! I would sell off a ton of figures just to get that Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-4/Trop.

It's a very impressive piece.

I noticed the rest of the plane is in pieces in the cabinet behind, so they must've run out of time getting it finished.

Every time my 'little' 1/18 Me 262 catches my eye it gives me a buzz, so I guess the buzz would be three times greater at 1/6.

I expect the price is going to be a shocker too!

giphy.gif

Back