1/6 DiD D80154 WW2 German Luftwaffe Flying Ace – “Star Of Africa” – Hans-Joachim Marseille

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photos from DiD:

d1.jpeg
d2.jpeg
d3.jpeg
d4.jpeg
d5.jpeg
d6.jpeg
d7.jpeg
d8.jpeg

Amazing display. Appears that the airplane can be built up in sections, allowing the collector to display as they wish. Would be cool if DiD would offer to sell the sections individually.

Amazing display. Appears that the airplane can be built up in sections, allowing the collector to display as they wish. Would be cool if DiD would offer to sell the sections individually.

Looks like it'll be the option of the complete airplane or just the cockpit section.

The sectional nature suggests the full plane will go up for pre-order, since it's been designed with packaging/delivery in mind.

I just ordered the Marseille figure. I thought I could get away with just the update set and adding the necessary parts to complete him. I was wrong... :wink1:

You've got a point there. Glad to have him in the collection soon. Then I'll build out both figures.

Do you have a second body?

If not I'd recommend the body he comes on that DiD sell separately.

I thought I could do it cheap and use a random slim body, but the clothing is so good that it deserves to be on the one it was designed for.

Not a very versatile body as it's designed specially for DiD's sculpts, but it plays that one trick really well.

Do you have a second body?

If not I'd recommend the body he comes on that DiD sell separately.

I thought I could do it cheap and use a random slim body, but the clothing is so good that it deserves to be on the one it was designed for.

Not a very versatile body as it's designed specially for DiD's sculpts, but it plays that one trick really well.

Yes, I was able to pick up all of the necessary loose parts in order to assemble the update set into a complete figure. The only thing that I am missing are the boots but since the full figure set comes with 2 sets of boots, I'll use the shorter ones for the second figure.

Marseille arrived yesterday after taking a tour of South Florida. First landed at the main distribution center. It then flew to my post office, then to one further South, then took a hop to the city North of me, then flew out to Miami Beach. This was over a three day stretch. I ended up calling the post office and they were able to redirect it back to my PO, who then delivered it late yesterday.

What an amazing figure. The detailing is top-notch. I hope DiD continues dipping their toes into other genres as well. Between this fully loaded release and the diorama set, I'm going to have a blast setting up a pair of fighter pilot figures.

Just some quick and crappy pics but HIGHLY recommend this figure if you are into WWII, Pilots, North Africa theater figures, figures in general... :wink1:

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

Notice he doesn't fit in the cockpit?

His head is pushing the glass up! :panic:
That's what I thought he doesn't fit I to it. This was announced or they had a prototype of this almost a year ago and they still haven't fixed it by the looks of it

That's what I thought he doesn't fit I to it. This was announced or they had a prototype of this almost a year ago and they still haven't fixed it by the looks of it

Neither have been announced yet. They've been teasing the cockpit since last year's ACGHK.

Could be that the figure wasn't posed correctly in the cockpit. We definitely need additional photos just to make sure.

But in either case, I would love to see that cockpit offered.

I must say DID did as usual a great job on this fighter ace figure of Marseille and one I wanted for a long long time in particular. At the moment I got only the extra accessory set with base, mainly because two things, it have the iconic Marseilles smiling HS, parachute and shorts among other goodies, I already had a very nice (in my personal opinion) tropical shirt from another company which I can not recall right now, but is old!!!...but very nice, which I used to finish my Marseille display, I am extremely happy with it.

I plan to do my own detail ME-109 cockpit section for this figure, DID one looks great, but probably will be out of my range when all the extra costs like tax and shipping is added. Also want to add weathering and wear and tear detail to the cockpit.

I plan to purchase the full figure set, as soon as my financial hobby fund is replenished...so many great figures...so little cash!!! Hans Joachim Marseille is one of my favorite historical fighter pilots, so I can not wait the day I can buy the full figure to.

I'd love the parachute and life vest out of the DID star of africa diorama set. But I cannot see the point in paying €200 for a diorama set and only want 2 items out of it. Buying from eBay or the US is too expensive as shipping doubles the price and then customs will add to it.

Last edited:
Back