1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald & 10 WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINI

Thanks BagginsOfBagEnd! I'm glad folks like you hung around to see the progress since the first progress pic is always jarring and looks like a 5 year old did it. My sculpting style may be a bit different since I'm a self taught sculptor, but hopefully my work ends up looking like the character I'm shooting for.
Here's a side by side of the start of the sculpt and where I am at the moment:
TENNANTcomp.jpg

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald & 10 WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINI

definitely seeing the likeness - looking really nice :)

Thank you 8-bit commando! With me taking a break from 1:1 scale commission work, I'll hopefully get a few more 1:6 scale characters finished in the upcoming months.

Thanks BagginsOfBagEnd! I'm glad folks like you hung around to see the progress since the first progress pic is always jarring and looks like a 5 year old did it. My sculpting style may be a bit different since I'm a self taught sculptor, but hopefully my work ends up looking like the character I'm shooting for.

I like seeing all the stages of the sculpts - how they 'evolve' to the end product (even more so in this case as it's Doctor Who, one of my favourite franchises! :lol) Considering that you are self-taught, your work is excellent, you can always tell who it is you are sculpting - the likeness is always seen, even in the early stages.

OOOHHH River now too. Looking forward to seeing the finals on all these.

Love how your David Tennant has turned out looks really great! if you want to make any available let me know also hopefully Clara and Rose please keep posting your progress!!!

Wonderful work Vash. Nicely done. I believe I read somewhere from you that the Tardis is a woodkit? Is this something you had custom done or something I might procure and build as well? I've been meaning to build one, and a kit would make life much easier.

Thanks BagginsOfBagEnd, Tekkaman Blade, meerkat and DioramaMaker!
Sorry it's been slow going, took off a couple of weeks this month for my wedding anniversary and will be taking another two week vacation next month.
I'll see if I can make some of these available soon, just need to do a few tweeks on the older sculpts and remold them.

DioramaMaker - Contact Watson. Here's his thread for "Big Blue". Put "Big Blue" kit as your subject and let him know I sent you ;)

Thanks Vash! Message out to Watson. Hopefully the pricing and availability is fair.
Also, congratulations on the anniversary! :)

Looking good :)

Just got back from vacation and can finally get back to sculpting!
I just did a couple of tweaks on Tennant and will do more tomorrow, but I just wanted to get a progress pic on this page:
TENNANT8.jpg

It looks great! Can't wait to see painted versions of it.

Got a bit sidetracked with projects, but since my 11th Doctor from Big Chief is shipping soon, I'm pretty sure it will get my creative juices flowing to finish up my Doctor Who related sculpts.

In the meantime, for those that haven't been following the other threads, here are a few things I'm working on.

Dr. Alan Grant WIP:
AG9.jpg

This one is a very early stage of a sculpt I'm working on, so it will be fun to hear your guesses as to who it will be (a little hint is that the character is not bald, I just sculpted it that way since he has 2 different hairstyles in the movie) :
HIGHLANDER3.jpg

Got a bit sidetracked with projects, but since my 11th Doctor from Big Chief is shipping soon, I'm pretty sure it will get my creative juices flowing to finish up my Doctor Who related sculpts.

In the meantime, for those that haven't been following the other threads, here are a few things I'm working on.

Dr. Alan Grant WIP:
AG9.jpg

Love the Grant sculpt - looks great - watched Jurassic Park recently, still an awesome film! :) Can't wait to see the Who sculpts too!! :rock

Big fan of Sam Neill; Alan Grant is excellent. I'm surprised there hasn't been any decent 1:6th figures from this franchise before.

your Sam Neil looks really good so far and I'm a fan of him too! Been watching the re-runs of the JP movies here in the UK! Also recognized Tom Hardy right away (I like him too) look forward to seeing your fantastic sculpts finished and painted (I'd like to have a go at painting them!) well done please keep going! Good to see you back here again!!

Wait, is it actually Tom Hardy?

Back