Bram Stoker's Dracula | 1/6 Anubis Armor WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I may have convinced my brother to 3D print me the cross from this scene – rigged up with mini-fountain parts gushing blood.

Dude, you really shouldn't say that here because people will start begging you to make the cross for everyone. Like me. . . please, please, please :lol

I'll second that, this really is an excellent and ingenious piece of work! I've had the original Horizon model kit for some time and it never occurred to me that it could be transformed into a 1/6 scale figure. I've always been a fan of the Dracula armour design by Eiko Ishioka, and Coppola's film (despite some rather harsh criticism) was a beautifully designed and atmospheric movie.

Dude, you really shouldn't say that here because people will start begging you to make the cross for everyone. Like me. . . please, please, please :lol

Ha ha! We’ll see. It may turn out to be an, ahem, ungodly mess.

Work of genius man!
Congratulations.

Thanks!

I'll second that, this really is an excellent and ingenious piece of work! I've had the original Horizon model kit for some time and it never occurred to me that it could be transformed into a 1/6 scale figure. I've always been a fan of the Dracula armour design by Eiko Ishioka, and Coppola's film (despite some rather harsh criticism) was a beautifully designed and atmospheric movie.

Thanks so much. Couldn’t agree more on Ishioka’s designs and the feel of the film. I came across this while researching and wondered what it was all about:

draculablack.jpg

really great work on this!

Thank you!

Couldn’t agree more on Ishioka’s designs and the feel of the film. I came across this while researching and wondered what it was all about

As far as I can remember, it was one of her designs that wasn't shown in the final film. A costume test.

Like this one I found:

eiko-ishioka-dracula-oldman.jpg

Although, I could be remembering wrong.

THIS is a great book on her work.

She was mega-talented. People may not like the film, but they can't argue about the iconic costumes.

Keegan, amazing Prince Vlad. :clap Nice to see the WIP pic's too, I first saw this when you posted it in the Toy Anxiety!! thread!!

Amazing custom work, thanks for your tutorial.
Ive got the original model but haven't gotten around to doing it.
Always loved the Vlad Burns version..
image.jpg

Keegan, amazing Prince Vlad. :clap Nice to see the WIP pic's too, I first saw this when you posted it in the Toy Anxiety!! thread!!

Amazing custom work, thanks for your tutorial.
Ive got the original model but haven't gotten around to doing it.
Always loved the Vlad Burns version..

Thanks so much guys! That Burns is a classic ha ha!

You inspired me to take a crack at Drac in armor. Although I think you may have been a bit modest regarding cutting up that armor. It's a huge pain. I have some pretty good sized gaps on the back that I'm going to have to sculpt some back armor.

I pretty much copied your photo tutorial and it was a big help. The only difference is, I cut away the Oldman face and grafted it on to a 1:6 scale head and added hair. The molded hair would have been too restrictive I fear.

Thanks for the inspiration!

image.jpeg

WOW Keegan, that's really amazing!! I have that same kit, unbuilt still, so I might try my hand at this too eventually. *^___^*

awesome work!

Thanks, man! Really looking forward to getting your Hawkeye!

You inspired me to take a crack at Drac in armor. Although I think you may have been a bit modest regarding cutting up that armor. It's a huge pain. I have some pretty good sized gaps on the back that I'm going to have to sculpt some back armor.

I pretty much copied your photo tutorial and it was a big help. The only difference is, I cut away the Oldman face and grafted it on to a 1:6 scale head and added hair. The molded hair would have been too restrictive I fear.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Woah, that Oldman head looks amazing! Fantastic work. And yeah the armor was a battle. I have those gaps in the back as well but just decided to live with them. Can’t wait to see yours sculpted and painted up. I’ve been to your thread many times and have been totally inspired every time – love that Hugh Glass!

WOW Keegan, that's really amazing!! I have that same kit, unbuilt still, so I might try my hand at this too eventually. *^___^*

Thanks! Go for it – it’s a fun one.

Back