1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Rory, Clara & 10 WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINIS

Thanks guys! That was my first sitting with Rory and I had just a bit of time to work on him more this evening. I think I'm getting his features a bit more correct now, but still more work to do.
RORY2.jpg

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Rory, Clara & 10 WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINIS

I guess there's not much love for Rory :lol
For those who are following until I get going on a more interesting character, here's my third sitting with Rory and I think one or two more sittings should finish him off. I'll be tightening up areas such as the lips and adding texture next. OCD required him to be sculpted since I couldn't have a Detolf shelf display with just Amy and I doubt that BC was going to make him, at least not for a long while.
RORY3.jpg

I think we are just waiting to see the final before we comment. Even after finishing you may want to keep the sculpt handy though you will soon get requests to put a beard on it. The actor will be playing another time traveler on another show this fall.

RipHunter-600x395.jpg

Yeah, really looking forward to seeing him on another show. Looks promising.
The Rory sculpt is now being molded, so I should have a cast before the weekend if all goes well. I was so excited that I finished him so quickly, that I forgot to take some finished pictures. I'm especially proud of his hair, which I think is one of my best hair work so far, too bad it can't be seen when displayed since its his back :pow

I've been putting Clara off since I couldn't find proper clothing for her. However, I finally found a close enough dress that I'm modifying to be a bit more accurate to what she wore on one of the episodes. So now, I'm back again on the sculpt and just finishing off the back of her hair. Once I cast it, I may modify one to use a doll wig to see if that has a better look since it won't have the restrictions sculpted hair can have on posing.
image.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:

What kind of body are you using for Clara?

It's a seamless body from ebay that cost under $30. I think it's Phicen or Kumik. I may shorten it depending on how it looks in scale with the Capaldi custom I made.

Nice!

I had time to do a quick paint up of Rory, so here he is :)
I'm pretty happy at how quickly he came about and he looks really cool in my display case with Amy.
RORY-3.jpg

RORY-2.jpg

RORY4_1.jpg

Very impressive. Your Rory has come out better than BCS Amy.

No TARDIS??

Wow on Rory, I did not see alot of him in the unpainted sculpt but painted it's great.

Thanks dwing! Yeah, I did it so quickly that I never did post the final look of the sculpt.
This was a quickie paintjob since I was anxious to see it mounted on the body, so hopefully I can take more time on another one and pull out more likeness from the sculpt. Here's a couple of close-up shots of the head:
RORYLARGE1.jpg

I just finished Clara, so I'll be starting her mold this evening. I'm excited to finally see her head on the body. If all goes to plan, I should have a cast by tomorrow afternoon and hopefully get to do a quick paint up of her.
I'm looking forward to see how she pairs up with my BCS 11th Doctor.
Now onto River ;). . .

Back