1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Finally completed a long standing commissioned piece and I'm free to sculpt for myself again! I've been working on a few things, but I'm waiting on getting slightly further along to show them.
However, I just received a NECA Davy Jones 12" figure today and this thing is awesome and finally my Jack Sparrow will have a partner in my Detolf.
I did a quick modification with it and the epoxy is still not dry, but I painted it quickly to see how it was coming along. I forgot to take a before picture, but I found one online. I'm really loving this guy and I didn't have to spend an arm and a leg for the figure (pirate pun intended ;) )
MODIFIED-DAVY-JONES1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Ah, what the heck, I'll show you guys my Tennant sculpt as it sits for now, I need to bring back some Doctor Who in this thread ;)
Now that I'm getting close to his likeness, I need to finalize an expression so it's not the same as the new 10 from BC, or do another variant.
TENNANT2.jpg

He still needs a lot more refining, but I'm pretty happy with the direction it's going.

I'll be working on Clara today as well for those who are needing some female companions at least for this thread :) lol

Davy looks great! Fixing the nose area makes it look spot on. Do you think you could cut the plastic coat off him and replace it with cloth? I'm tempted to pick one up for my display now.

I think maybe a little smirk or raised eyebrow would work well for 10. You could use BCS's expression but get the likeness better. I'm sure your hair will look better too.
It's looking great so far.

Thanks Darth Snoopy and Mudblood!

Mudblood - the cape part can be removed but the arm with the coat sleave will need to be modified. I think it looks great as is, since it would need to have a wet look anyway. With brightening up the red on his leg and claw, as well as a coat of gloss on the whole thing ( I used future acrylic floor polish), it looks awesome! I'm in love with this figure now. What it lacks in articulation, it makes up in detail.
I sculpted a key for him to hang on to:
MY-HOT-TOYS.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald & 10 WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINI

That Clara is great! The likeness is there!

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald & 10 WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINI

Thanks Doom Saber! She's almost there, but lots more smoothing and hair detailing to go.

Just a little flashback of where this all started, here's my 9th Doctor next to 10:
9AND10.jpg

I really want to do a group picture of my whole Doctor Who collection of 1/6 scale figures.

I agree with the hair detail needing to added since something looks off in the front view of the face, though I think it is the hair.

I agree with the hair detail needing to added since something looks off in the front view of the face, though I think it is the hair.

I'm still doing a bit more tweaking with her, so she's nowhere close to done yet. I'm taking more time with this sculpt since I don't have anything purchased for her build yet.
NEWCLARA2.jpg

This is the expression I'm shooting for, so I know there's a few things I need to work on with my sculpt which I will get to soon. I made new tweaks to it since the above pictures.
COMPNEW2.jpg

I do, however, have a NASA astronaut suit waiting for someone that I'll be starting on tomorrow ;)

Last edited:

Clara is looking great!! :clap :clap

I'm still doing a bit more tweaking with her, so she's nowhere close to done yet. I'm taking more time with this sculpt since I don't have anything purchased for her build yet.
NEWCLARA2.jpg

This is the expression I'm shooting for, so I know there's a few things I need to work on with my sculpt which I will get to soon. I made new tweaks to it since the above pictures.
COMPNEW2.jpg

I do, however, have a NASA astronaut suit waiting for someone that I'll be starting on tomorrow ;)

:rock2 :clap:clap:clap :rock2

Clara is looking awesome so far! :yess:

Thanks BagginsOfBagEnd, Darth Snoopy and skizzoid! Lot's more to get her to my liking so I'll keep at it.
By the way, I finally got all my Doctor Who figure collection together and snapped a few photos. The lighting isn't great, but this is the only time I had to take the pics.:
GROUP2.jpg

GROUP3.jpg

GROUP1.jpg

4-DOCTORS.jpg

Last edited:

My heads are still in line to get painted... I'm extremely jealous.

What makes it harder is seeing my War Doctor figure in the detolf with no head.

Thanks Darth Snoopy and Mudblood!
I'm sure it will be worth the wait Mudblood, I personally am looking forward to seeing your custom builds.

I loved finally getting these figures together for these pics. I really need to take more shots recreating 50th anniversary scenes.

Clara is looking great. Looking forwards to the finished result

Thanks Matner77!

I think I only have just a couple more tweaks and some smoothing to go with Clara. I haven't done much with the hair since I've been debating using real hair instead of sculpted for her. This way, it could allow for a bit more different hair styles.
What do you guys and gals think? I was thinking of doing a mix of sculpted bangs that goes across her face and real hair for the draping hair. I figured it could allow for more poses, since sculpted hair this long hinders any side to side or up and down movement.
NEWCLARA3.jpg

Back