1/6 DID D80162 Oberst i.G. Claus Von Stauffenberg (Operation Valkyrie, 1944) 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand those pins ...I remove them and use double sided tape. Don't like punching holes in the tunics..

I like the authenticity of the pins, and even the holes they leave.

I removed the medals and the ribbon bar from Rommel's tunic, and the tiny pin holes remain as evidence.

53116179511_afee3826cc_o.jpg
Rommel_desert.jpg

I can't stand those pins ...I remove them and use double sided tape. Don't like punching holes in the tunics..

I agree but I guess that DiD isn't worried about the secondary market or custom figures, although they should be taking that into consideration, as it sells more figures.

Where as i agree some were just pushed through the material - there were many that had/added loops for that purpose. This shows on Rommels tunic clearly.....

Attachments

• e6663732474b88d208ab7c83c6a9f44c.jpg
    e6663732474b88d208ab7c83c6a9f44c.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
Where as i agree some were just pushed through the material - there were many that had/added loops for that purpose. This shows on Rommels tunic clearly.....

The German Panzer Museum concluded that jacket was most likely a fake. i.e, not ever worn by Rommel.

https://daspanzermuseum.de/objekt-des-monats-05-2022/
LS-1.429-A-768x1024.jpg

Object of the month 05/2022

For Object of the Month we tell the (short) story of a special object from the Tank Museum.

Since we try to present special pieces from the depot, you will also find unusual objects and exciting stories here

Rommel's jacket?

Inv. No.: 1,429

By exhibiting personal objects of well-known people, museums can contribute to the creation of myths around them. This is why a particularly close look at the origin of the object and its critical historical classification is required. The origin of the uniform jacket (called provenance), which was exhibited for years as “Rommel’s jacket,” promised its originality. It was given to the museum by a person who demonstrably knew Rommel personally. The individual parts of the jacket are undoubtedly originals from the time and show clear signs of wear. The Afrika Korps' khaki was faded to a light beige by the sun. But during the research, some inconsistencies emerged.

The jacket is said to have been discarded and given away by Rommel on the day he was promoted to field marshal in 1942. However, this jacket has these shoulder pieces - an indication of a subsequent change. The early myth formation surrounding Rommel helped with the research because there are tons of photos of him. Particularly during the war in Africa, it was not possible to carry an unlimited amount of clothing, which is why it can be assumed that the majority of his jackets were documented in the photos. However, this jacket cannot be found in any previously known pictures of him and differs significantly from his other jackets in some details. For example, he did not wear the well-known sleeve stripes of the Afrika Korps, but he did have cuffs, which are missing from this model. He also preferred uniform jackets with straight pocket flaps. There is only a photograph of him wearing a jacket with curved pocket flaps like this model, but this is clearly different from the one in the museum's possession.

It is possible that this object is an unusual model of Rommel's jacket in which he was never photographed. Based on this evidence, it is more likely to conclude that it is not Rommel's jacket. It was subsequently put together and given to the museum, probably to help preserve the Rommel myth.
Objects from well-known personalities are often offered to a museum. If this person is important to the story the museum wants to tell, problems can quickly be overlooked because of the joy of the new object. For this reason, a museum must constantly re-examine its pieces because new research options are always available. The work on the objects does not stop once they have been placed behind glass. The discussion with the person who owned the object must also continue.

As I see but still conclude some are just pushed through and some had loops attached.
Thing is over the years I've seen many DID/3R figures with lazy placing of awards/medals that require removal and re setting so much so the tunic ends up like a tea bag.
I prefer the double sided tape for myself.

As I see but still conclude some are just pushed through and some had loops attached.
Thing is over the years I've seen many DID/3R figures with lazy placing of awards/medals that require removal and re setting so much so the tunic ends up like a tea bag.
I prefer the double sided tape for myself.

Yes, dress uniforms had loops to secure the medal bar and medals, to preserve the uniform from damage every time they had to be removed and replaced.

Back