1/6 DID D80162 Oberst i.G. Claus Von Stauffenberg (Operation Valkyrie, 1944) 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
DiD_Corp

3 hours ago
From the iPhone client

[wink]
[kiss]

ds.jpeg

I don't understand why DiD and Facepool continue to release the same figures.

They are killing their sales by dividing the customer base.

For the record, I'm liking Facepool's rendition of the TC sculpt better.

I don't understand why DiD and Facepool continue to release the same figures.

They are killing their sales by dividing the customer base.

For the record, I'm liking Facepool's rendition of the TC sculpt better.

There's been quite a bit of anger across the social media platforms where DID gleefully shared this headshot.

Calls for an actual sculpt of Stauffenberg, and an end to rehashing old releases while there's still so much they've yet to tackle.

DID could redeem themselves if they add the DAK uniform, which has also been called for, along with the Stauffenberg sculpt.

Claus von Stauffenberg (1907-1944) was the Oberstleutnant i.G in German army during WWII. In the spring of 1943, he was attacked by the P-40 Kittyhawk fighter bombers of the Desert Air Force in Tunisia and was seriously wounded, losing his left eye, his right hand and two fingers on his left hand. But he soon returned to army and planned to assassinate Hitler. On 20 July 1944, he ran the plot to kill Hitler with two bombs at the Wolf’s Lair but failed. On July 21, midnight, Stauffenberg was captured, sentenced to death and summarily executed.

After 14 years, we are glad to bring you the 1/6 Oberst I.G. Claus von Stauffenberg of Operation Valkyrie again! With two super realistic headsculpts, he is handsome and resolute. Although the left eye is covered with an eye patch, the right eye still reveals a calm and determined gaze. Two headsculpts can be exchanged for different scenes as you prefer.

Stauffenberg can be dressed in three different styles. On top of the white shirt, he can wear the German officer field grey tunic and breeches, or the German general staff officer oberst tunic, and even the newly crafted greatcoat. The German general staff officer visor cap is shapeable and the black eye patch is removable. He also wears a brand-new genuine-leather jackboots. You can change the outfits for him according to different scene.

Stauffenberg is equipped with a PPK pistol with a genuine- leather holster, two yellow TNT blocks known as “King of Explosives” and four brass detonators.

He also comes with many unique and beautifully-made accessories including a genuine-leather briefcase, two pointed pliers, a watch, a Mission ID card, a Valkyrie Mission folder, a desk, a prosthetic eye with case and various finely engraved metallic medals. What’s more, a brand-new left palm with only three fingers and a stopper for the right hand are specially developed for him. The legendary Stauffenberg is perfectly recreated with all these things!

After waiting for 14 years, the man who attempted to assassinate Hitler is finally coming again! Don’t miss out this time! Take him home to plan your Operation Valkyrie!

PS: GM640 3R Hitler is not included in D80162.

Full Part List​

Base:
1 Super realistic headsculpt X 2
2 All New – DID 1:6 HG Body (Slim Tall Ver.)
3 Brand-new left palm with only three fingers
4 No palm but a stopper for the right hand

Outfits:
5 WWII German General staff officer visor cap
6 WWII German officer field grey tunic
7 WWII German General staff officer oberst tunic
8 Breeches
9 Greatcoat
10 White shirt
11 Cotton one-piece suit
12 Brown belt (genuine leather)
13 Black eyepatch
14 Jackboots (genuine leather)

Accessories:
15 Brown briefcase (genuine leather)
16 Watch
17 Mission ID card
18 Valkyrie Mission folder
19 Pointed pliers X 2
20 Prosthetic eye with case
21 Desk

Weapon:
22 PPK pistol with holster (genuine leather)
23 TNT block X 2
24 Detonator X 4

Insignia:
25 Cap badge X 1 + Eagle X 1
26 Breast Eagle X 2
27 Collar tab X 2 pair
28 Shoulder board X 3 pairs
29 Iron cross First Class 1939 X 1
30 Wound Badge in Gold X 1
31 Ribbon bar x 1

s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg
s4.jpg
s5.jpg
s6.jpg
s7.jpg
s8.jpg
s9.jpg
s10.jpg
s11.jpg
s12.jpg
s13.jpg
s14.jpg
s15.jpg
s16.jpg
s17.jpg
s18.jpg
s19.jpg
s20.jpg
s21.jpg
s22.jpg
s23.jpg
s24.jpg
s25.jpg
s26.jpg
s27.jpg
s28.jpg
s29.jpg
s30.jpg

My first impressions are that Facepool's looks better, and is probably more accurate.

For the cap, breeches and M37 ornamented tunic the General Staff piping should be crimson (Karmesinrot), and not the deeper red DID have gone with, which resembles more that of the artillery or General officers.

Facepool for comparison:

421684-f38.jpg

Notable also is the third new body version: "Slim Tall".

It's ironic because, without movie magic, Tom Cruise would match the Slim Short version. However, Stauffenberg was at least 6', possibly as tall as 6' 3", so DID were paying attention. :lol

VStauffenberg_vQuirnheim.jpg

I am in it for Tom.

Both versions look good, but I prefer the Facepool version, so I have put my money on that one.
Trying to resist also going for the Did...

Which company makes the best clothes?
Not into colour, but for the cut/fit and collar.

And I absolutely find the boots ugly for both versions.

I am in it for Tom.

Both versions look good, but I prefer the Facepool version, so I have put my money on that one.
Trying to resist also going for the Did...

Which company makes the best clothes?
Not into colour, but for the cut/fit and collar.

And I absolutely find the boots ugly for both versions.

DID's tailoring will probably be better, but Facepool's colours look better - both the waffenfarbe piping and the regular feldgrau tunic. DID have been making some very pale versions of field grey, as with their Generation War brothers 'Freid' (sic) and 'Winter'.

I'm not interested in the Tom sculpt as Tom, but between the two companies I prefer Facepool's actual Stauffenberg.

The glass eye is an interesting addition.

I'll probably end up ordering DID's as well, because DID is addictive regardless. If they don't change the piping colour at least the tunics and cap could be used for an artillery officer, because I don't really need two Stauffenbergs.

The best parts from both sets could be put onto the Slim Tall, and the remainder used for making other figures.

Thank you for your detailed answer Asta ;-)

I fear, I will just like you end up with a mix of both sets...
But for me it is all about Tom.

Wow! DiD has stepped up to the plate as well. I think that you can't go wrong with either.

I seriously hope that whoever the sculptor(s) were, that they immediately work on the "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers" lines.

DID have been taking note.

https://www.weibo.com/didcorp
DiD_Corp
vip_1.png

37 minutes ago
From the iPhone client

Regarding the color of the D80162 arms line that everyone is concerned about. The color may look slightly off due to the light at the time of shooting. Post a comparison picture for your reference. In the photo, the general on the left is D80162 on the right. In addition, we are trying to adjust the collar badge, and it may not be announced until after the festival. Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions on this new product

DID Stauffenberg 60.jpg
DID Stauffenberg 61.jpg

Colour still doesn't look right though, even accounting for differences in settings.

Back