1/6 DiD D80158 Afrika Korps Infantry MG34 Gunner – Bialas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
DiD DAK #3.jpeg

DiD Bialas 1.jpg
DiD Bialas 2.jpg
DiD Bialas 3.jpg
DiD Bialas 4.jpg
DiD Bialas 5.jpg
DiD Bialas 6.jpg
DiD Bialas 7.jpg
DiD Bialas 8.jpg
DiD Bialas 9.jpg
DiD Bialas 10.jpg
DiD Bialas 11.jpg
DiD Bialas 12.jpg
DiD Bialas 13.jpg
DiD Bialas 14.jpg
DiD Bialas 15.jpg

Base
1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 All New – DID 1:6 advanced body (Slim Short Ver.)
3 Open palms
4 Gun-holding palms

Outfits
5 German M35 DAK desert-tan helmet with inner liner
6 German DAK tropical field cap
7 German DAK tropical M40 tunic
8 German DAK tropical trousers
9 WWII German tropical pullover shrit
10 Sweat rag tan
11 German DAK tropical canvas belt
12 German DAK tropical low boots (partial genuine leather)

Accessories
13 German DAK shovel with canvas carrier
14 German bread bag
15 German DAK tropical coconut canteen (with weathering)
16 German DAK mess tin (metal with weathering)
17 German DAK M38 gas mask canister (metal with weathering)
18 WW2 German tropical goggle
19 MG34/42 tool pouch (genuine leather)
20 Cigarette x1

Weapon
21 German bayonet with scabbard and hanger
22 M24 grenade X 1 (with weathering)
23 P38 pistol with leather holster (genuine leather)
24 MG34 machine gun with drum magazine and bullet chain with bullets X 6

Insignias
25 Breast Eagle X1
26 WWII German DAK sleeve ranking X1
27 Black wound badge X1
28 Afrika korps cuff title

DiD Bialas 16.jpg

This photo is a tease for the ammunition bearer to create a machinegun team.

The open box next to him is a Gurttrommel Behalter (belt drum container), and spare barrel in its case. Neither parts are listed in the specs for Bialas.

sl4.jpg

This may even turn into a three-man machinegun team in line with previous releases.

e.g.,

d1.jpg

D80124:

d2.jpg

D80125:

d3.jpg

D80127:

d4.jpg

DiD posted a video on the MG34 that comes with this set:

In this video, we will show you THREE how-to for DID 1/6 all-metal MG34: How to take out the barrel? How to remove the stock? How to install drum magazine? Let’s check it out. 1/6 all metal made MG34 gun is the weapon of D80158 1/6 WWII German Africa Corps WH MG34 Gunner, with high details and good texture. Do not miss out it if you like.

Question asked on DiD's FB group: When does Bialas start shipping out?

Qu Rachel
Admin
4xpYDl8Bbdc.png

Hopefully D80158 will be available around September in Asia and around Oct or Nov in US / Europe.

The comments on the BBICN thread are dominated by how empty the second tray looks.

It shouldn't have been a surprise because they all knew what as included.

The one thing missing, which is disappointing, are the Y straps. There's a lot of gear to put on his belt that in real life would've benefited from the extra support.

Giantoy have sent out invoices for Bialas.

With this figure I can at last complete the brown coated DAK soldier I was making from spare parts, by giving him Bialas' helmet.

(Burke's helmet and goggles completed the motorcyclist I made using Wilhelm's coat).

There won't be anything left over from Bialas, so that brings an end to creating more characters. It's a satisfying feeling to be able to use everything, or almost everything, that comes with a figure. Rather that than have to bag it up and add it to the ever growing mountain of spares.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=387324
Review by gzr123:

The gift puzzle has been cancelled. It is said that there will be no more puzzles in the future. Will the puzzles in the past be out of print and increase in price?
The buttons use hidden buckles to reduce the spacing
, the drum plastic
is more old and the machine gun is more old, the
helmet has better paint peeling effect , and
there are few accessories

b1.jpg
b2.jpg
b3.jpg
b4.jpg
b5.jpg
b6.jpg
b7.jpg
b8.jpg
b9.jpg
b10.jpg
b11.jpg
b12.jpg
b13.jpg
b15.jpg
b14.jpg

Giantoy have sent out invoices for Bialas.

With this figure I can at last complete the brown coated DAK soldier I was making from spare parts, by giving him Bialas' helmet.

(Burke's helmet and goggles completed the motorcyclist I made using Wilhelm's coat).

There won't be anything left over from Bialas, so that brings an end to creating more characters. It's a satisfying feeling to be able to use everything, or almost everything, that comes with a figure. Rather that than have to bag it up and add it to the ever growing mountain of spares.

I definitely agree about being able to utilize all accessories (or close to it) from the different figure sets.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of what DiD did with the Marseille figure and the separate display set. I do understand their financial reasoning behind it but for the collector, it proved to be quite an expensive endeavor to complete a second figure with the display set. I think it should have been a complete figure as well.

I definitely agree about being able to utilize all accessories (or close to it) from the different figure sets.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of what DiD did with the Marseille figure and the separate display set. I do understand their financial reasoning behind it but for the collector, it proved to be quite an expensive endeavor to complete a second figure with the display set. I think it should have been a complete figure as well.

They made some strange choices with that one.

I'd have traded the desert base for an extra shirt and pair of boots.

It's the same with them including those jigsaws - either leave them out or include something for the figure instead.

The BBICN forum is giving them stick for Bialas, because while they did omit the despised jigsaw, they also omitted something as basic as the Y straps.

They made some strange choices with that one.

I'd have traded the desert base for an extra shirt and pair of boots.

It's the same with them including those jigsaws - either leave them out or include something for the figure instead.

The BBICN forum is giving them stick for Bialas, because while they did omit the despised jigsaw, they also omitted something as basic as the Y straps.

To be honest, the puzzles, while interesting, were never leaving the figure box, as far as my figures go. I think it just added to the expense of the figure, as I don't think many buyers were playing with the puzzles.

As for the display set, I was seriously considering just buying a second Marseille boxed figure just to complete that display set and sell off (or keep as spares) whatever wasn't used. I ended up buying the necessary loose items to complete it and it was quite a number of parts that were needed.

To be honest, the puzzles, while interesting, were never leaving the figure box, as far as my figures go. I think it just added to the expense of the figure, as I don't think many buyers were playing with the puzzles.

Nobody could understand why they kept doing it.

DiD even asked on Instagram whether collectors would be interested in them making frames to put the jigsaws in. Most of the responses were that they didn't want the jigsaws in the first place.

As for the display set, I was seriously considering just buying a second Marseille boxed figure just to complete that display set and sell off (or keep as spares) whatever wasn't used. I ended up buying the necessary loose items to complete it and it was quite a number of parts that were needed.

I got lucky that I managed to adapt a shirt I already had to use under the flying jacket, had a belt for the holster and a pair of leather boots that would be mostly hidden behind the aircraft tail for the third figure. I think the only parts I bought were the holster and PPK, and one extra body.

Back