1/6 DID A80167 U.S. Army Air Forces Pilot - Captain Rafe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look awesome @Asta! Cool that they give you the options for so many looks in one package. I’ve never owned a DID figure before, is the pilot jacket pleather?

They look awesome @Asta! Cool that they give you the options for so many looks in one package.

Thanks, PizzaCake. :)

I’ve never owned a DID figure before, is the pilot jacket pleather?

They claim it is, and it does feel good quality.

The specs state that all these parts are "genuine leather":

WWII USAAF B-6 Helmet (genuine leather)
WWII Government Issue A-2 Jacket (genuine leather)
WWII US service shoes (genuine leather)
Watch (belt is genuine leather)
M1911 pistol & holster (genuine leather)

Thanks, PizzaCake. :)

They claim it is, and it does feel good quality.

The specs state that all these parts are "genuine leather":

WWII USAAF B-6 Helmet (genuine leather)
WWII Government Issue A-2 Jacket (genuine leather)
WWII US service shoes (genuine leather)
Watch (belt is genuine leather)
M1911 pistol & holster (genuine leather)
Wow, great value there, thanks for the info! This wasn’t on my radar, but I may have to pick one of these up…

The three figures made from the two sets:

View attachment 674639

The one in the flight suit is on a narrow shoulder body without any uniform underneath. The sculpt is one of the blank DID ones that came with their separate bodies, and the boots are vintage DID US Army.

View attachment 674649View attachment 674650
Did you remove the pants to wear the green pilot suit? I have only one and cant decide which look going for because they are all beautiful...

I was thinking of doing this with the third figure even before I realised the A-2 jacket could be used to upgrade Mondo's MacReady:

IMG_1779 DID Rafe.JPG

While the individual components in the set are really good, I found it difficult from the start getting the figures to look right.

Replacing the jacket and trousers with the flight suit yesterday made me finally happy with #3, and the simplest of figures became my favourite of them last night.

#2 in the flight suit and full gear previously used a blank sculpt with the goggles and mask on. Since the lack of eyes and eyebrows were too obvious I switched it for Ujindou's Cillian Murphy and left him ungoggled and unmasked. However, the eyes on that figure have never looked right in this set up either, so I've gone back to goggles and mask on, and tried to give him a more interesting pose.

#1 in the jacket and full gear has always appeared as though his neck is too short. It must be an illusion created by the life vest over the jacket and the fur covered chin strap, because he has the same stock body and sculpt as #3.

I think the next step will be to unfasten his helmet, and let the strap hang down...

IMG_1792 DD Rafe.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

EDIT:

I think I got there... for now.

IMG_1800.JPG
IMG_1808.JPG

Last edited:
This set is simply incredible. So many options and a must for multiple looks, so nothing should be left in the box. Great price too another winner by DID in my book. Need to get around to taking some pics one of these days, once these storms roll out and I can get some decent daylight.

Back