Alert Line AL100041 - 1/6 WWII Soviet Air Force Ace Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A review from BBICN with better photos:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=398030&extra=page=1
a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg
a10.jpg
a11.jpg
a12.jpg
a14.jpg

a13.jpg

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=398042#lastpost
vasily said:
Let’s briefly talk about your feelings about this new box of products:

Cloth items such as uniforms still maintain the consistent advantages of boundaries. The pattern and texture are quite good. The sewing and thread routing seem to have improved and become more refined. The leather ones should all be made of genuine leather. (The two pairs of flying gloves don’t seem to be made of genuine leather. Maybe they are too small and production is limited). Both the fur coat and the one-piece flight suit have real buttonholes, making them more manageable. Personally, I especially like the one-piece flight suit and flight hat. The workmanship and feel are particularly good. They are rare items.

The head sculpture is not like that of Alexander Ivanovich Pokryshkin, the historical ace pilot. There is no comparison, but this head sculpture is handsome enough, the details are a bit better than the previous one on the border, and the face shape is more Russian.

The workmanship and details of the various badges are also good, and some of them are etched.

This time, a thick pad is added to the outside of the body, which is more friendly to care for and can be used by novices. However, some joints in the body are still a bit loose.

Small buttons can easily fall off if used improperly or with too much force. I hope the manufacturer can be considerate and put a few spare buttons.

Overall, this pilot is pretty good overall.​

a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg
a10.jpg
a1.jpg

One can easily make at least 3 variations of this figure. Most likely 5 or more...

This looks like a good one. The in hand reviews have been very positive so far.

I already got a spare pair of regular Russian boots to make a second figure, but am missing a second belt and holster.

From the outset this feels very much like a DID release.

Good quality box, shrink wrapped in cellophane with two DID-like holographic approval or quality control stickers:

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1202.JPG

Unfortunately the lid doesn't remove entirely to reveal a characteristic DID photographic backdrop:

IMG_1203.JPG

A quick glance through the contents and everything appears well made...

IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG

...apart from the TT-33 pistol, which is diecast in a uniform pewter colour and without any moving parts. It's reminiscent of something that ought to be hanging from a keyring rather than included in a higher end 1/6 military set. It's nothing more than a holster stuffer unless repainted black (i.e blued gunmetal).

IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG

This is my 1953 dated TT-33 for comparison (post war narrower slide grips):

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

Sculpt has good painting, even when hit with the flash:

IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1207.JPG

Unlike DID the collar insignia is already applied to the tunic and leather coat:

IMG_1216.JPG

One of the tunic stickers had been applied at the wrong angle, but it peeled off easily for replacement.

Other badges and insignia are in a series of zip lock bags stapled together exactly in the manner of DID.

The main unform event for me is the flight suit:

IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG

It doesn't disappoint. Well padded, with a fur lining the torso which feels like it extends down to the thighs.

As with the leather coat it has working buttons, so if you don't have a DID button hook it's going to be fiddly.

The legs of the boots are also constructed with furry material, black outside, white inside.

I'm going to try and make a Night Witch using a TB League S18A, which is a tall, broad shouldered female body.

The gymnastyorka and breeches looks like they'd swamp a Pop Toys scaled female body, so I'll probably have to leave the non-flying figure as is, and add the first male to the Red Army ranks.

So far so good, the flight suit and boots fit the body well. The sculpt is Pop Toys' Milla Jovovich from their Joan of Arc 2.0, with sculpted hair.

IMG_1218.JPG

The only thing I put under it was the white shirt from ARToy's Leon (The Professional).

The buttons undid easily by hand, and redid almost as easily with a DID buttonhook. There's also a 'leather' strap at the neck which fastens across to a button.

The suit really is good. With the fur lining Milla's nicely padded, and feels squidgy when I pick her up. :lol

The boots are hollow so the TB League feet fit inside, and they're completely secure and as intended.

The gloves were a bit of a struggle. Female hands were too small to fit into the fingers and thumb, so I had to resort to male hands. Alert Line's are sculpted from a rubbery material, but I found it easier to use a pair with bendy figures from DID's Axel.

I'll be putting the Sam Browne and holster on her, along with the map case and parachute.

The parachute comes packed with all its straps fastened with their metal eyes and hooks, and resembles a confusing mess of spaghetti. Even with the straps unconnected and the harness spread out, it doesn't look as intuitive as a German parachute. Seems like a good time to take a break and have dinner...

I eventually worked out the route the parachute straps were meant to take:

IMG_1231.JPG

The parachute has to hang outside the stand support, or else it forces her too far forward. It's also possible to push the crotch grabber between the two fabric sections of the parachute to

IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1233.JPG

Viewed from the back the straps are messy because they need tightening up. However, I don't want to adjust them any more because the metal hooks feel like they might snap if I pull them too hard or pull the rings out of them again.

IMG_1234.JPG

Most of the remainder of the set on the stock figure:

IMG_1245.JPG

The boots are from a 21st Century Red Army infantry figure.

The collar insignia was already attached but the sleeve aviation badges and kapitan rank chevrons needed to be applied. They're peel off stickers like DID, but the chevrons don't stick well at all.

The cap badge, Guards and Order of the Red Star (?) badges are plastic and devoid of any adhesive, so I used double sided tape.

Until now all my Red Army women, apart from the slightly taller Dragon Traffic Controller, have been on the short Pop Toys type of body.

The TB League S18A is tall, approaching average male figure height, so when I put her amongst her comrades she looked like a giant!

Putting the guy in there with them helps to offset that a bit.

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

Her height on the S18A versus the other female figures was still bothering me. She's not a giant by any means, but most of the other Red Army women are on pretty short bodies so it made her stand out.

I took her feet off which didn't reduce by much, but every little helps and she does seem more proportional now.

I'm currently displaying her on an air force themed shelf though, segregated from her sisters.

IMG_1636 Alert Night Witch.JPG
IMG_1670 Alert Night Witch.JPG

Last edited:
Back